Legacy AI Pack

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
MrElephant
Swami

Legacy AI Pack

Post by MrElephant »

This started when I was reading the entire "Hints of the day" thread. ER mentioned something regarding Tonto Clans AI forums. I found out they were no longer in existence, and I fell down a rabbit hole. Eventually on AOK forums, I found a link to the old website below.

https://web.archive.org/web/20030223185 ... ex.html#q1

This led me to many....many.....many.. old Japanese websites- some with tutorials, some with ancient old AI files.

Currently I have found around 25 AIs, and I have included them attached. Some might be included elsewhere- but are probably lost AIs. I have separated them into their website folders, and hopefully others will use them as well.

Particularly I am a fan of apricotknight.zip. He builds up a vast army, and then attacks you all at once!
Attachments
Old AI.zip
(552.2 KiB) Downloaded 522 times
Author of Charon, Reactionary, Ahulane, and BlackKnight!

lolasik43
Forumer

Re: Legacy AI Pack

Post by lolasik43 »

Thank you bro :dance

MrElephant
Swami

Post by MrElephant »

Hello All,

I like to consider myself an AI historian. As such, I play with tons of older AIs from here and the AOK heaven.

One of the oldest AIs on AOK heaven is slak bot AI located here- http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/s ... ileid=4114

I hadn't noticed this part before, but as I was re-reading SlakTheEldar's description- he mentioned four different AIs.

"Petersen's (AoK's default AI), Michael D. Eschner's (MDE_Land_Aggro),Bingmann's (BingAI 2.2) and Doug Brucks'(Doug's Test AI)"

Two of the four AIs are included on the forums (one is the default AI), but Doug Bruck's AI wasn't anywhere to be found. As such, I began
my usual deep dive of trying to find it. I reached out to Rubberman and Leif for assistance, as they both are pretty knowledgeable
and have been around on the forums for a while. Rubberman found a couple of old recordings with the AI, but unfortunately
nothing was able to be found regarding the actual per file.

I knew the AI was developed by Ensemble Studios after a couple of other threads were viewed on AOK Heaven, so I decided to start the wayback
process. Eventually..I found a link https://web.archive.org/web/20000304181 ... dex2.shtml

You have to navigate on the left bar to the downloads section. Perform a control F and search for Doug, and you'll find the referenced section.
Here is what the website says about the Doug AI.

"Ensemble Studios Programmer Doug Brucks shares his own AI for Age of Kings. All you need to do is unzip the files and throw them into your AI directory. These AI scripts can be used as a starting point to make your own world conquest scripts.

Note: If you choose to download this file, you use it at your own risk. This file is available for your enjoy and learning and nothing more. We do not support any personally made AI scripts."

If you actually start reviewing the files, you'll notice it is actually a pretty advanced AI for 1999. Please note- this is one of the oldest AIs I can find, and it was made during 1999- the per actually exists from 22Nov1999, just a month after deathshrimp- and 20 days after Cherub's Land Defensive AI.

I tested out the computer in an actual match on extreme (note- I had to edit the AI slightly to get it to play on that difficulty, it resigns on anything greater than 75 pop)- but it did very well. I hope others will enjoy this old per file as much as I do.

Again, many thanks to Rubberman and Leif for their support- and thanks to Doug for providing this file to the AOE II community.
Attachments
doug22Nov99.zip
(31.78 KiB) Downloaded 333 times

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

Enjoying Megrim a lot.
A.K.A. TOAO_Philosopher (formely TOAO_ReLeNtLeSsS, TOAO_Leo, TOAO_Ayubu_, TOAO_FSpirit, _TOAO_HussY_ and TOAO__HussaR_ (even before that, Deadly_Hussar— and DEADLY POISON on AOKH back when I was REALLY young)).

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

Hmmm, well I did the first time I played it a week or so back. Seems broken now. Odd.

Apparently it's just a tournament version of Whiteknight, though, so Whiteknight should get me what I want.
A.K.A. TOAO_Philosopher (formely TOAO_ReLeNtLeSsS, TOAO_Leo, TOAO_Ayubu_, TOAO_FSpirit, _TOAO_HussY_ and TOAO__HussaR_ (even before that, Deadly_Hussar— and DEADLY POISON on AOKH back when I was REALLY young)).

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

Ah same problem with Whiteknight but apparently it just seems to bug out with Huns.

EDIT: Weirdly Megrim seems to have that issue with all civs, though?

MrElephant
Swami

Post by MrElephant »

White Knight only plays goths.

Megrim- I'll have to check. Should only choose original civs though.

Okay- regarding Megrim, please find the creator's comments below. Only old civs, but Teutonic and Viking preferred

"; ------------------------------------------------------------------
; AGE OF EMPIRES II - The Conquerors - ... AI SCRIPT
; [ Megrim (is WhiteKnight AI Wars Version...) ]
;
; Script Written By Jawa
; [Aok AI Creative StaTion]
;
; ------------------------------------------------------------------
; To a English area User.
;
; () First
;
; I'm sorry. I am weak in English :-(
; Then, Japanese gets mixed with this AI script...
;
; () Game
;
; Rule: AI Wars!
;
; map Style: Random Map Only.
; Map Type: any (ex:Arabia,Coastal)
; Civilization: any (ex:Teutonic,Viking)
; Team Battle: Ok (ex: 2 vs 2)
; Limited Population: 100-200 (ex:125)
; Started resources: normal
; Difficulty: any (ex:normal)
; Start Age: dark-age
;"

MrElephant
Swami

Post by MrElephant »

Hello All,

Recently I came across some additional files for you that are of interest. First- I would like to share two "lost" AIs. They come from the Missionary Monk creator, Narasasu. They both prefer to play Continental or Arabia. One is called "Flying Monk", and the other is called "Splendid Knight". I find they play fairly well from the AIs of early 2000. I hope you all enjoy these as much as I do.

I have also found several other beta AIs I might put on this forum. However, some conversions had to be made to such files. In the prototype game, some techs and ages were changed to the final game. One such example is that feudal age used to be the 3rd age in the prototype games, and middle age was replaced with castle age. So it would be dark, middle, feudal, and imperial. These changes had to be made in the prototype files.

In addition- I was recently reviewing an old website. If you are interested in how tsa was discovered -in its earliest form, this may be interesting to you. This documentation comes from Jawa's website located here. Whiteknight doesn't use tsa. However, there is some commented out code anyone can view to see some of the earliest tsa. With some simple adjustments, you can even get it to work! Original link, and info below.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020608015 ... /tech.html

"Attack without using ATTACK-NOW (implemented in WhiteKnight)ATTACK-NOW is easy as an attack command, but on the other hand, you may take ridiculous actions because you do not know where to attack. Also, wandering in front of the walls, passing by the people in the town in front of you, and going to the castle to self-destruct etc.etc ... Therefore, WhiteKnight does not use ATTACK-NOW to overcome this problem.
Specifically, change the size of the town and attack. This method is a bit complicated, so if you want to know more, analyze WhiteKnight. Only the concept is explained here.
The town has a size, and if there are enemies within this size, defense forces will attempt to intercept. If there is a building, I will try to destroy it, and if there is a person in the enemy town, I will kill it. This defensive action was often superior to the attacking force, and I wondered if it could be used.
Therefore, when attacking, I decided to increase the size of the town to the range of the nearest enemy building and defend it as if it were attacking. Stupid story, maximizing the size of the town means that the center of the enemy town is built in your own town, so the defense team goes out to destroy it.
By gradually increasing the size of the town and attacking in this way, there are many advantages. First of all, the size of the town will increase, so you can spread the buildings and build them. Next, if the defense team goes out to destroy the enemy's building (during an attack), if the enemy activates ATTACK-NOW, the attack team will be killed preferentially (and will be killed efficiently). ). Also, if there is a logging plant, it will even hunt farmers (^^ ;. Besides, this is the best point, it will definitely destroy the wall. It will not hang around.
Once with a computer competition and, although you will see if building a wall in the size of the enemy of the town, defense corps wall located in the size of his city does not have 's ratio of you thoroughly destroyed .ATTACK-NOW.
and, say It looks like that, but there are some problems in attacking with the size of the town. If I write it, I will not write it because it seems that White Knight who is upgrading is being dealt with."

Finally- I have a request. I discovered earlier today there were two tournaments that came prior to the gold wars first tournament on AOK Heaven for AOE2 AIs. However, the two champion AI per files have disappeared with time. My hope is we can rediscover these ais together. Their names are Wolong and Cascade. They were part of the AOK Colosseum tournament that came almost a year before AOK Heaven's first tournament.

http://web.archive.org/web/200106030907 ... index.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20010217194 ... index.html
Attachments
flying_monk.zip
(8.59 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
splendid_knights.zip
(10.34 KiB) Downloaded 218 times

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

I love artefacts like these.

offwo
Guru

Post by offwo »

Yeah I'm impressed that TSA was discovered as early as 2001.
those hackers are just idiots, i spit on them :lol: - Mabuse