Rehoboam

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
el+noob
Swami

Re: Rehoboam

Post by el+noob »

archers do shoot, however skirmisher still have the same problem

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

el+noob wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:08 am
Skirms not shopting at all on 1,7?

el+noob
Swami

Post by el+noob »

TheNightPanda wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:13 am
el+noob wrote:
no

TheNightPanda
Swami

Reuploaded with fix to skirms on slower speed as well

Post by TheNightPanda »

el+noob wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:18 am
TheNightPanda wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:13 am
el+noob wrote:
no
Reuploaded.

Check if the skirm issue is fixed now :) It turned out to be a completely seperate issue with a walking command overfirering. Just had to change 2 digits in one line

Arpheus
Forumer

Post by Arpheus »

OMG that micro... today I tried 6 scouts with +1 armor vs 8 feudal +1/+1 Archers with attack move against them - Result: 6 dead scouts 0 dead archer. This is pro level micro - they even move in a wide circle somewhat to make it even harder to get hits on them.

I then did 5 more tries and in average the 6 scouts killed around 2 archers from the 8. Best result I could get where I tried to micro and push them into houses to make micro for them harder was 4 dead archers and surrounding them is really hard since they move back in a circle making surrounding rough and cavalry pathing could definitely be better

At 1.0 speed where they don't micro it's an easy win for the scouts since once 2 archers die they run and don't shoot back. It is incredible how much micro changes the outcome of fights when ranged units are involved.

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

Arpheus wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:59 am
OMG that micro... today I tried 6 scouts with +1 armor vs 8 feudal +1/+1 Archers with attack move against them - Result: 6 dead scouts 0 dead archer. This is pro level micro - they even move in a wide circle somewhat to make it even harder to get hits on them.

I then did 5 more tries and in average the 6 scouts killed around 2 archers from the 8. Best result I could get where I tried to micro and push them into houses to make micro for them harder was 4 dead archers and surrounding them is really hard since they move back in a circle making surrounding rough and cavalry pathing could definitely be better

At 1.0 speed where they don't micro it's an easy win for the scouts since once 2 archers die they run and don't shoot back. It is incredible how much micro changes the outcome of fights when ranged units are involved.
Good to hear :) the 1.0 speed no micro is intended and is done as a fail safe as the units would otherwise not be attacking at all. Hopefully rehoboam is chatting telling to change the speed to turn on the micro

Arpheus
Forumer

Post by Arpheus »

Yes it did tell that the game is lagging and some info to adjust the settings

Felipe_EL_Guapo
Yogi

Post by Felipe_EL_Guapo »

Hi mate. Many thanks and congrats!!! for giving life to this great AI. It shocked me with its archers micro beating me badly in one game. The fact that it is a new AI just makes it more promising, with a lot of room for improvements.
As a human player, here is my humble feedback I hope you could capture in your script at some point.
1) Scout avoiding enemy TC. Right now it doesn't react at all even if you shoot it.
2) Villagers in feudal age and earlier are a bit oversensitive. With a single scout you could chase all the lumberjacks away by just hitting one.
2) Knights avoiding fights under the fire of a castle. A bit suicidal knights fighting lost battles under a castle
3) Would be great it archers could stand safely below a tower full of vills.
4) I really love how the archers move around the base to find villagers. This is great. But the walls makes a big obstacle. If in some situations archers could fire palisade walls would be amazing
5) Of course, adding the other civs and more strategies would be wonderful. I'm sure you will do it in the future.

Thanks again

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

Felipe_EL_Guapo wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:26 am
Hi mate. Many thanks and congrats!!! for giving life to this great AI. It shocked me with its archers micro beating me badly in one game. The fact that it is a new AI just makes it more promising, with a lot of room for improvements.
As a human player, here is my humble feedback I hope you could capture in your script at some point.
1) Scout avoiding enemy TC. Right now it doesn't react at all even if you shoot it.
2) Villagers in feudal age and earlier are a bit oversensitive. With a single scout you could chase all the lumberjacks away by just hitting one.
2) Knights avoiding fights under the fire of a castle. A bit suicidal knights fighting lost battles under a castle
3) Would be great it archers could stand safely below a tower full of vills.
4) I really love how the archers move around the base to find villagers. This is great. But the walls makes a big obstacle. If in some situations archers could fire palisade walls would be amazing
5) Of course, adding the other civs and more strategies would be wonderful. I'm sure you will do it in the future.

Thanks again
1 is likely to be in the next update.
2 is on the to-do list but is quite tricky as any underreaction can backfire big time. Will likely be in the next update or the one after that.
2 (you had two 2’s😂) fortification retreating rules in castle age will most likely be looked at in the next update.
3 while this is easy to do the decision making for when this is a better idea than searching around the base seems very hard and with to much potential to backfire so such a change is unlikely. However rehoboam will allready ignore towers when army size is sufficient and the dicision making of this may be improved.
4 will certainly happen in the next update or the one after that. It’s quite tricky to do right though and any ai will probably still be worse against walls.
5 this is the plan but not in the near future. To add more civs I first need to add other strategies and to do that I need to have alot of melee micro integrated first

Glad you like Rehoboam :)

Felipe_EL_Guapo
Yogi

Post by Felipe_EL_Guapo »

Haha true, I had forgotten to note the 2 about villagers so I inserted it and forgot to renumber xD Great to know you have a large part of my points on your to-do list. BTW, I also forgot to mention in my test your AI beat Barbarian, even when I run it once with an unsupported civ, I think it was playing with Britons. Very impressive.