Immortal v0.10c

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

Re: Immortal

Post by TheMaximalBeing »

samoer wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:38 pm
I noticed that Immortal used random attack, why not kill the lowest hp enemy like Rehoboam ?
It's not random. The priority is based on a combination of distance, hp and pierce armour. And it will attack with just enough arrows for each target. If the enemy is dodging then it may appear like it is spreading out its fire, since many arrows will miss.

samoer
Swami

Post by samoer »

the best AI ever! eco better than barbarrian, micro better than rehoboam, defend like a human, attack can hit diffrent points in one time. I like it!

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

Yeah from what I've seen so far it's a beast!

The summoning circle for II2N to do a Barbarian update is ready. :lol:

TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

Yes Barbarian is long overdue for an update. Anyone heard from TheMax?

GamesGod
Swami

Post by GamesGod »

Maximal In what program do you create your AI?
Developer of GamesGod AI

TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

GamesGod wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:11 pm
Maximal In what program do you create your AI?
I worte a compiler in C++. It runs C++ code to generate the script.

GamesGod
Swami

Post by GamesGod »

Cool! :) I looked at your code and was shocked by the use of variables in it) surprised at how it all works at all)) but it seems to me that the work of all these complex and confusing functions and variables creates a very heavy load on the game... And when creating even more such functions, it will cause even more frequent failures in the game. When I tested your AI when playing with my AI, the game crashed 5 times out of 20 times :D this does not happen with other AI :)
Developer of GamesGod AI

zbhcn
Forumer

Post by zbhcn »

AI is strong, better than the Barbarian's economy, and rush attacks are more comprehensive and effective. However, there are problems with team cooperation:
1. When playing against human players, they will not attack the wall, causing a large number of troops to circle outside the wall because they can't enter the enemy town to attack. When the wall was opened, large numbers of soldiers still lingered out of the side and did not enter the interior of the town to attack.
2.4v4 Trading times are too late and only one AI train a few trading carts.
3. The cavalry and infantry in the same group, so they lost cavalry's advantage in moving speed.
4. Trebuchets and sieges need soldier protection.
5. The mangonel-line will not give priority to the archers or the trees, and the Halberdier will not give priority to the cavalry.
english is not my mother language,so sorry
6.In the imperial age, the army lingered and attacked slowly, the enemy had plenty of time to recover the economy.
7.Allies who are attacked will not be rescued in time.
8.Can not unite multiple allies to attack the same enemy.

TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

GamesGod wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:34 am
Cool! :) I looked at your code and was shocked by the use of variables in it) surprised at how it all works at all)) but it seems to me that the work of all these complex and confusing functions and variables creates a very heavy load on the game... And when creating even more such functions, it will cause even more frequent failures in the game. When I tested your AI when playing with my AI, the game crashed 5 times out of 20 times :D this does not happen with other AI :)
Thanks for the report. :) I am aware of a crash that happens in DE but no idea what is causing it. :head You should find a memory dump here: %userprofile%\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\logs - can you please sent them to CheesOnToast or offwo as they have access to tools analysing these? Also if you recorded them can you sent the rec to me (yes, recs do work for crashed games)
Last edited by TheMaximalBeing on Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

zbhcn wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:41 pm
AI is strong, better than the Barbarian's economy, and rush attacks are more comprehensive and effective. However, there are problems with team cooperation:
1. When playing against human players, they will not attack the wall, causing a large number of troops to circle outside the wall because they can't enter the enemy town to attack. When the wall was opened, large numbers of soldiers still lingered out of the side and did not enter the interior of the town to attack.
2.4v4 Trading times are too late and only one AI train a few trading carts.
3. The cavalry and infantry in the same group, so they lost cavalry's advantage in moving speed.
4. Trebuchets and sieges need soldier protection.
5. The mangonel-line will not give priority to the archers or the trees, and the Halberdier will not give priority to the cavalry.
english is not my mother language,so sorry
6.In the imperial age, the army lingered and attacked slowly, the enemy had plenty of time to recover the economy.
7.Allies who are attacked will not be rescued in time.
8.Can not unite multiple allies to attack the same enemy.
Thanks for the feedback :) These are on my todo list but it will be a while before I get time to work on team games. I would estimate March-April.