Jester (V 2.21) & Forthwind (V 2.1)

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
screamingkoos
Forumer

Re: Forthwind.AI (Version 2.1)

Post by screamingkoos »

;=========Forthwind Version 2.1 / Jester Version 1.1=========

Released: January 18, 2022

;=========Release #15 Notes=========

;INTRODUCTION

- In this release, we are celebrating Forthwind's 1 year anniversary! As some of you may know, Forthwind has been around for a lot longer than 1 year, but it was just over 1 year ago when I decided to post it online for others to download and play with on AOK blacksmith and aiscripters.net. So far it has been an amazing success! I am so happy to see others have enjoyed trying it out.
- So happy birthday to Forthwind, and now... onto the XTRA spicy updates!

;FIXES IMPLEMENTED (for both Forthwind and Jester unless otherwise stated):

FUNNIES:
- NEW resign chats! about 20 of the total 25 chats have been changed out for new chats when either ai resigns! Collect all 25 by absolutely destroying poor Forthwind or Jester in combat!

;EFFICIENCIES
- Implemented new goals to ensure constant villager production while pursuing any military strategy (previous versions were favouring military over villagers way too much).
- These new villager priority goals act as a "master switch" so if lower villager numbers are not producing, it physically blocks any military production. Useful for sustaining a reasonably healthier economy!

;MILITARY BEHAVIOUR
- Flushing strategies are working again in nomad games. (feudal-age rushing re-enabled).
- Counter units have been re-enabled in nomad games (i.e. spearmen, skirmishers, camels, etc).
- Demolition ships are now more encouraged to be built when outnumbered by enemy navy (ran out of time to fully test...)
- Slight improvements to navy production.
- Men-at-Arms and Archer training now forcibly stops until ri-longswords or ri-crossbow gets researched before continuing production.
- Mounted unit strategies (like knights, scout-cavalry, steppe-lancers etc...) will forcibly stop all training until ri-scale-barding is researched. (May do this for additional upgrades in the future).
- Archer training is paused much sooner when up against decent enemy skirmisher numbers.
- Skirmishers and Genitours now get priority training over archer-line training when countering enemy units.
- Knights now have more priority training as counter units instead of scout-cavalry-line units (>= castle-age).
- Battering rams and trebuchets are encouraged to be trained earlier on with less "large-scale" military advantages. This was greatly preventing any or most siege production in many games.
- Tweaked military units targeting behaviours. More preference has been given to the closest available targets. Less chasing 1 far away unit forever type of situations ;)

;GAME MODE COMPATIBILITIES
- All "Standard" style maps have been double-checked and are fully integrated for both ai's now. This means both ai's will know when its either a full land-map (ex: Arabia), connected water map (ex: Coastal), or
a full water-map (ex: Islands). This directly affects ai strategies such as when to rush or go fast-castle, and also economic decisions like extra lumberjacks or not etc...
- When an ai owns a wonder, it will prioritize its first castle to be built near to it (helpful in Defend the Wonder game modes).
- The "Victory-Standard" win condition and the "Wonder Race" game-mode now supports wonder building based on the ai's own judgement (eventually if it can be built). Before this could only be done through human taunts.

;BUILDINGS
- NEW Mill rules! Basic priorities for farming, hunting, and fishing mills have been added (not perfect but an improvement), including additional farming mills for both ai's now (no longer a max of 2 mills).
- NEW dock rules! Land maps and water maps now have simple but seperate dock rules. Land maps will have more delayed dock building, and additional docks have more required criteria now (such as extra needed TC's).
- More efficient wall building by turning on builder assistance sn when building walls (Forthwind only).
- Forthwind is quicker to temporarily abandon unfinished walls when under attack during wall building.
- Villagers refrain from attempting to repair any buildings (other than town centers) while the town is under attack.
- Slightly decreased number of barracks built when pursuing longswords in the castle-age.
- Builders are now more discouraged from constantly attempting to build defensive towers while the town is currently under attack (usually in feudal-age battles).
- More influence has been added for building additional lumber and mining camps throughout the game (some more than before).
- Added an emergency lumber-camp rule which ensures at least 1 lumber-camp always eventually gets built.
- Fixed a very rare situation where both Jester and Forthwind could get "stuck" in the feudal age forever by not constructing necessary buildings for age progression (typically a market).

screamingkoos
Forumer

Re: Forthwind.AI (Version 2.0)

Post by screamingkoos »

venomus wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:57 am
WoW

Is insane play against Jester. Too strong.
Thank you for the comment! Would you care to elaborate what in particular is too strong? Is the difficulty too high or is this just a compliment post? :lol:
samoer wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:43 pm
Can u make a WK version?
At this time I have no plans on converting to a WK version. If you browse this thread you will find an older version of Forthwind that is WK compatible, it is a post in this thread by Esty if that helps!

wattle
Swami

Post by wattle »

screamingkoos wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:57 pm
;=========Forthwind Version 2.1 / Jester Version 1.1=========

Released: January 18, 2022
Wow great to see you, I thought you would have no proper time for scripting for the foreseeable future. Let's see how it will do in MrElephants tourney.
MangudAI-all-in (wip, to be continued, when I retire from work :P )
Btw, thank you s64 for your effort. Was a pleasure to cross your way. Have a good time.

neilkaz
Forumer

Post by neilkaz »

Where exactly do I put this AI and Jester? I put them here. C:\Users\Neil\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\76561198031105547\mods\subscribed\44698_KOA2 - AI pack\resources\_common\ai

But get an error when trying to use them. thx .. neilkaz ..

Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Post by Leif Ericson »

neilkaz wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:43 am
Where exactly do I put this AI and Jester? I put them here. C:\Users\Neil\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\76561198031105547\mods\subscribed\44698_KOA2 - AI pack\resources\_common\ai

But get an error when trying to use them. thx .. neilkaz ..
Try putting them at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AoE2DE\resources\_common\ai

yuenhsiaotieng
Forumer

Post by yuenhsiaotieng »

Forthwind [T] and Jester are favorites of mine and my friends. Can they be updated to play the new civs?

neilkaz
Forumer

Post by neilkaz »

I would love that also if these could play all the new civs!

CSAxIsxRecruiting
Forumer

Post by CSAxIsxRecruiting »

Can I use this AI with Voobly 1.6 Community Patch? What about with 1.5/WK?

Does this play also Bedouins or Land Nomad? What about MIchi or Nothing maps?

screamingkoos
Forumer

Post by screamingkoos »

yuenhsiaotieng wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:45 pm
Forthwind [T] and Jester are favorites of mine and my friends. Can they be updated to play the new civs?
Hey CSA & neilkaz!

Thank you for your interest in Forthwind & Jester! It's funny you mentioned about adding the new civs to these ai's, I've been quietly working on a really big update over the past few months that greatly improves both ai's. I'm hoping Jester will be finished by the end of this month (November 2023) with Forthwind to follow at a later time.

The updates will include supported playability for all civs! Also support for all new units since last update (warrior-priests, dromons, all unique-civ units for example are already in and working), I've also fixed siege units already (its currently bugged to only create like 3 battering rams, but now aggressively utilizes full rams, trebs, bombard cannons, mangonels etc). It's about 80% all there. Jester can already play both the new Armenians & Georgians civs with full strategies and the mule-cart logic built in too. I'm currently going through every civilization to make sure all upgrades are working across all the new units. It's alot of work but bear with me, it's a much better ai already but will be smoothed out in the coming weeks.

Not to mention there are new resign chats, new strategies, improved build orders, and alot of bug fixes! So stay tuned! :dance

Thanks,

ScreamingKoos

screamingkoos
Forumer

Post by screamingkoos »

CSAxIsxRecruiting wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:57 pm
Can I use this AI with Voobly 1.6 Community Patch? What about with 1.5/WK?

Does this play also Bedouins or Land Nomad? What about MIchi or Nothing maps?
I don't believe it will work in WK or Voobly for multiple reasons. 1 large reason being I use the unit-line commands rather than each individual unit command (for example: archer-line vs. archer, crossbowman, arbalest etc) to save time, and also I don't own or play in either of those versions so unable to test them for it. If you read through these threads I believe there may be an early version of Forthwind that Esty updated and posted to support WK, but don't hold me to that :lol:

Both Jester and Forthwind can play nomad! Even in custom maps. It can also play games where all it has is 100 wood and no town-center and no lumber-camp and has to start from complete scratch. If it isn't working fully then I may have updated it already in the new version to be posted soon.

Both ai's are not optimized for Michi (but can build wonders). I have tested them on custom forest-nothing maps and they did ok, but any other "nothing-type" maps they have not been tested on. They might struggle a bit with those types of maps.