TC AI Creator

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
MrElephant
Swami

TC AI Creator

Post by MrElephant »

Hello All,

History:

Around August 2021 I was reviewing some old webpages on the internet on old AI's, specifically Yoan's old website. (he was the creator of several old good AIs). Anyhow, during that search- I went down into the links section. I don't know how to read Japanese, but Google translate really does help. I found several websites, one being The Witch's Forest. These websites are now dead, but they used to be fairly popular.

The Witch's Forest was run and created by Tter, and he had some interesting documentation on AIs. One thing I noticed though after digging was the AOK AI Creator - original details here. https://web.archive.org/web/20020223003 ... at_aac.htm

English translation: "OK's AI scripts are currently quite inaccessible to newbies.
For that reason, the current situation is that only a few people have created

AI
. I think there are many people. That AI itself is very deep and fun. The excitement when it moves, the strange feeling when your AI vs. COM is fighting... The charm of AI is that you can enjoy a little strange and mysterious fun. So , he is a person who has never built an AI before , a person who couldn't get started with a script like a program because it was too difficult, a person who is making an AI now, but handwriting is troublesome , etc. The software that was born from the plan to have people enjoy"

Inside this webpage you can find 2-3 additional pages on the original creator plus the original application.
https://web.archive.org/web/20011121235 ... i/menu.htm

The tool was great. Problem was- it is completely in Japanese. That's why around Aug 2021 I converted all the Japanese text in the right menu to English, so it would be much easier to use. I have been holding it back, because it does require some setup- and I didnt know how many of you would use it. This was still very time consuming to translate (even with google translate).

Setup:

Im going to give some very simple instructions on how to set this up, and then how to use the application. It is a pain to setup.

This is what I did originally.

1. I made sure to download the Japanese language pack. Even though the tool is mostly in English now, this is still required.
2. I installed the Locale Emulator. You can find this on github easily. You'll have to restart your computer. This is a requirement if you are using the English files!
3. After you download and install it on your computer, download my English zip. This is my current folder that works. Just an fyi- it has two .ocx files that are a requirement comdlg32.ocx & Richtx32.ocx.
4. Right click on the TC AI Creater.exe or TC AI Creater Mini.exe and run in Japanese administrator. The program should work now.

The Tool:

Under the options menu, the first button is your directory where you want to save files.
The second button is the commands button files. Make sure the "Command - Copy.txt" is selected with the 13Aug2021 date
The third button is the Parameters button. Make sure the "Parameters.txt" is selected is selected with the 11Aug2021 date

Now that you have the tool setup- you should see the right pane is completely in English. I would start by just playing around in it. I have several examples in the zip, but in general use the "New AI.aac" because it is in english. The tool uses a .aac file to load. You can always export your current version as a .per though to the directory located in the options menu. WARNING- DO NOT change the english files .txt files - specifically any of the commands.txt or the parameters.txt files. If you do, your tool will not work properly!

Right clicking will give you a few options.
1. is copy
2. is cut
3. is paste line
4. is delete line (obviously)
5. is view in code window. It wont work if you have bad code- or if you dont have your proper command/parameters button selected
6. is view line details. You can change individual values in this window

On the top- you have some obvious commands
New creates a new aac file. I do not recommend using this if you have a current aac open. In the past I might have had an aac file disappear from using this button. Instead just save your old aac file, and reopen the app.
Open- will open your aac file
Save- will save your aac
Per Out- will save your aac as a per file

Adding custom code is easy. Just look at what is needed on the right, and compare to my "New AI" example.
Note- you can't have two instances of TC AI Creater (author's spelling) open at the same time, but you can have the "mini" version with example code open while you are working on a separate project.

And that's it. Once you are finished- hit the "per out" button, and make sure you save your file.

Note- the TAC.zip is the original Japanese zip. (It was original a LZH extension but had to rename to ZIP to upload)

UPDATE (28Jan2023)* --Several individuals suggested the MSCOMCTL.OCX be included. The English zip now has this file. If the steps above are followed- the application should run.
Attachments
AI Creator English.zip
(2.5 MiB) Downloaded 106 times
TAC.zip
(515.03 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Last edited by MrElephant on Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Author of Charon, Reactionary, Ahulane, and BlackKnight!

KimberlyAzula
Forumer

Re: TC AI Creator

Post by KimberlyAzula »

It throws an error for me: "MSCOMCTL.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"
There is no denying The Morrígan's prophecies!

MrElephant
Swami

Post by MrElephant »

There might be additional ocx files that you'll have to retrieve depending on your system32 folder setup. If enough individuals state this is an issue, I can reupload with that ocx included. I have never personally run into that issue.

ocxme is where I generally retrieve these files if I am missing them, but you can possibly retrieve them in a group package possibly from Microsoft.

KiiNgZoNe
Forumer

Post by KiiNgZoNe »

I did run into this issue as well. I'm very curious with this ;)

MrElephant
Swami

Post by MrElephant »

Hello King- I am happy you are interested in the tool.

I sent you a friend request on discord, as I am no longer part of the channel. Let's get together for a few minutes to find out what is causing the issue.

Just an fyi- this is what it is supposed to look like after you have installed everything properly, and loaded an aac.

https://tinypic.host/i/URF1C

KiiNgZoNe
Forumer

Post by KiiNgZoNe »

MrElephant wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:53 am
Hello King- I am happy you are interested in the tool.

I sent you a friend request on discord, as I am no longer part of the channel. Let's get together for a few minutes to find out what is causing the issue.

Just an fyi- this is what it is supposed to look like after you have installed everything properly, and loaded an aac.

https://tinypic.host/i/URF1C
Got it to work by downloading the ocx file and putting it in the TC AI Creator folder. Thanks a lot! :dance