The Horde

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
ER
Waheguru

Re: The Horde

Post by ER »

Always enjoy watching a new "Horde" in action. Thanks Archon :dance

ER
Waheguru

Post by ER »

Those Hun cav archers are such a problem to face :ph34r: :lol:

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

Archon, check out line 955. It looks like a typo.

Archon
Waheguru

Post by Archon »

Thanks for the catch, marathon!

Updated to 2.10, it plays somewhat more agressive. Good Luck and have fun :head against it. :P

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

Downloaded 2.10! Thanks, Archon :)

ARFFI04
Guru

Post by ARFFI04 »

Thanks Archon.^^

Seems your script is advancing quick. :)
A fear for all. :lol:
( I always take my cap off for whatever you script.^^
Happy to find " a new script from the Archon". ;) )

Good luck, and have fun.
I will also test yours next weekend.^^

So let's see...
ARFFI: A scripter from japan : Main script ARFFI-De'gel

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

Your scripts are always one step ahead. I found no flaws. Only impressive things. But I have to say something, so:

- With Byz, it never researched the 2nd cavalry armor upgrade, or the cataphract ones, although it had some cataphracts, plus a ton of resources.
- I believe that the 2nd lumberjack upgrade is more important than the 2nd farming one.
- Maybe a good idea would be to reduce hunt-distance once a hunting mill or a TC is dropped, and we are in castle-age or under severe attack.
- For some reason it doesn't renew stone camps. Maybe a stone-camp building rule after all other mining-camp building rules would help.
- In imperial, villagers retasking could be reduced or delayed, since some walking takes place between wood and gold. But this might be dangerous.

This one really seems unbeatable. It will take me a while before I beat it even once. But I will try to. Thank you :)

ARFFI04
Guru

Post by ARFFI04 »

Dear Archon

I tested your script.
I only can find the word, perfect, for your script. :)
Great, great work.
I love this clean scripting as well as your optimized strategies.^^
Hats off.

I couldn't find the explanation for my feelings, but I think the following is what I wish to say.
Great joy to meet "The Horde".
Also, happy to be able to meet the author, of him(her).

Really impressive. :)

Cheers

ARFFI
ARFFI: A scripter from japan : Main script ARFFI-De'gel

Archon
Waheguru

Post by Archon »

marathon wrote:- With Byz, it never researched the 2nd cavalry armor upgrade, or the cataphract ones, although it had some cataphracts, plus a ton of resources.
Probably it didn't had enough cats to meet the prerequists for upgrade.
- I believe that the 2nd lumberjack upgrade is more important than the 2nd farming one.
The lumber upgrade gives you more wood, while the farming upgrade allows you to gather more food later and The Horde usually buys food to upgrade to imperial. They are both very usefull.
- Maybe a good idea would be to reduce hunt-distance once a hunting mill or a TC is dropped, and we are in castle-age or under severe attack.
I agree and changed it immediately.
- For some reason it doesn't renew stone camps. Maybe a stone-camp building rule after all other mining-camp building rules would help.
Also changed it. It should now rebuilt up to 5 camps.
- In imperial, villagers retasking could be reduced or delayed, since some walking takes place between wood and gold. But this might be dangerous.
Probably it wants more gold gatherers than there are gold piles. Need to watch it better in future games.

Update to 2.11: It also tries to get mass heavy scrops when with celts, as suggested by Marathon
It will research the militia upgrades after 45 mins when with turks as suggested by Leif.
Fixed that some startegy changes according to detected enemys activities didn't work properly before.

Thanks for your comments :)

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

Probably it didn't had enough cats to meet the prerequists for upgrade.
You're correct. Careless remark. 5-7 cats were out.
Strange thing is that in a game it was training pikes in imperial without upgrading to halbs. I consider the halb upgrade vital for Byz and others, but maybe the best idea would be to research it when gold in the map is about to be exhausted.
It will research the militia upgrades after 45 mins when with turks as suggested by Leif.
Personally, I really like Turkish and Mongol militias in imperial. I prefer them as main melee unit.
The lumber upgrade gives you more wood, while the farming upgrade allows you to gather more food later and The Horde usually buys food to upgrade to imperial. They are both very usefull.
True. I simply consider the wood upgrade more important when I have many, many lumberjacks. In the particular game I had spied, there were 22 farmers and 31 lumberjacks when the farming upgrade was researched first. Minor difference, we're talking about perfection here.

Lade is full of surprises. Last night it beated many good scripts in a raw, including The Horde twice (Huns/Teutons). Impressive was the first victory (51'), after a perfect early scouting and some luck.

I just have to update, despite many problems. I will upload in a few minutes. I changed a couple things since last night, I hope that I didn't ruin it.