Lade LandRM

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
marathon
Waheguru

Re: Lade LandRM

Post by marathon »

Speaking of xbows, anyone tried CPS latest xbow rushes? I find CPS attack system not the best for xbows, but the strategy and the numbers it raises are worthy to copy. Better than Lade, no doubt. And not only with Mayans: as I have found, xbow rushes can be really deadly with Aztecs, Vikings, Chinese, Persians, Huns...

Archon
Waheguru

Post by Archon »

THE RULER wrote:the lack of wood is really a problem 1st 22 min. I try to help with market, but I often miss the wood even for the placement.
especially if you are flushed the missing wood supply is a big problem without market.
You buy wood with a market? :blink: Don't do it! Build extra lumber camps instead.
marathon wrote:Speaking of xbows, anyone tried CPS latest xbow rushes?
As the team random option was new, I played a 1.0c game with and CPSA aztec did a Xbow rush with the fastest unit out put I've seen so far. They were even able to take out the spanish Horde's knights at 21:00. Luckily for me his spanish cavalry archer rush was rather bad so my aztecs were able to counter attack his aztec while successfully defending at the same time.

But Xbow rush with huns? You could, but a cavalry archer rush is a better option for them.

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

Can you attack with a massive cavarcher army at 21'? If your goal is an early rush, then their xbow rush is better than other civs' similar tactic. You save lots of wood, since you hit some 80 pop at 24' normally, which means around 10 houses or 300 wood (and at least 250 vill-sec for building them, that adds another 80 wood, plus walking time). This helps a whole lot in feudal and early castle age, before you can afford more robust armies and booming.
Of course, you can always add cavarchers once you have padded archer armor (the power of xbows is that they hit before they are hit, and this isn't the case with cavarchers). But you can't mass them since feudal.
Of course, after bloodlines xbows are history for huns. Maybe even after padded archer armor. The switch from xbows to cavarchers is very smooth, since both need the same resources per minute per range (56W 100G for xbows, 60W 106G for cavarchers).

For anyone having doubts, I suggest to modify Control Panel.per inside Lade and make it load the Mayan strategy if... Hun is selected. I bet that the rush will be very strong and many good opponents will suffer to death.
Aztecs, Vikings, Persians and other civs should launch a strong rush, even though later game will be more and more unbalanced. Especially Aztecs, their unit output together with their farming is very beneficial. Aztecs may actually even beat Mayans: their initial rush is a lot stronger but they blow out later. They also are a lot more resilient against flushes. Test Aztecs vs ER7 or Degel or BTGKrush lol.
Don't try with Britons! They get really dry with 3-4 early ranges.

As for the wood issue, the key is a slight overdesign of wood production: make gold the limiting resource for xbows. If you go 13 goldminers and 13 woodchoppers, then there is wood issue. If you go 15-16 woodchoppers and 10-11 goldminers then you can advance more smoothly, you can drop houses and farms and extra ranges, even a siege workshop later.
This way you will always struggle with gold and your production will follow the availability of this resource. But... what else do you need gold for? 2 upgrades, a ram and 150 xbows. While wood is needed for so many other things.

As Moore said, "The more you have studied and developed your plan, the more you have optimised it, the higher the chance that something goes wrong". 5 Mayan ranges working is doable, but then you won't afford anything else.

THE RULER
Guru

Post by THE RULER »

your plan works well if you can peacefully go FC, marathon.
but if you are under attack, your wood ( or gold supply) may lack - especially the wood supply is often damaged, when villis go TC. So I often gather 1000 gold but missing food and wood ( evil eye to Megaflush). so the market gives me a chance and helps me with castle research, I also get high wood prices which I use later when wood production is up again.(unless I am not dead before)
of course a couple of horsemen may be better, but meso miss them.
In my testings the mayans are faster up with x-bows ( ~1st 23 min) but then aztec eco rules.
I switch to cav-archers if the enemy is almost knocked out and leather thing is in the cupboard. x-bows are more effective (in lower count)
It's poison and it's blood and big fire, big burn - into the ashes and no return

Alevo1
Guru

Post by Alevo1 »

I love how Megaflush has completely changed people's attitudes to scripting! ;)

kram1138
Guru

Post by kram1138 »

I havent actually seen it yet, but i plan to very soon.
PostCount.Add(1);

IS_NormanDuck
Waheguru

Post by IS_NormanDuck »

I find that Lade Land is becoming very strong. When do you think to add the remaining civs to play with?

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

Well, it's not becoming as strong as you thing. The blacksmith version still wins in certain settings.
But I don't care. What I care about is the presence of some bugs. Especially the increased lag I notice with some strategies. Every civ has his strategy, some even have 2-3.

The truth is that, even though I love trash, I have to admit that when your enemy has 50 paladins, no number of halbs will save me. In other words, my view of the game is different now. Barbarian changed my mind. II2N in general, he is a good player.

Another problem is that I am testing only under 1.1 or enhanced 1.0c settings. My new laptop cannot support old 1.0c, while my old pc is gone :( So I have no ways to check the balance under old 1.0c. The biggest issues are farm building (in castle age/booming) and TLS avoidance.

Finally, I am yet to see Lade perform a proper flush...

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

marathon wrote:I have to admit that when your enemy has 50 paladins, no number of halbs will save me.
But what else would?

kram1138
Guru

Post by kram1138 »

Promiskuitiv wrote:
marathon wrote:I have to admit that when your enemy has 50 paladins, no number of halbs will save me.
But what else would?
75 Heavy camels! :D
PostCount.Add(1);