Lade LandRM

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
scripter64
Waheguru

Re: Lade LandRM

Post by scripter64 »

marathon wrote:Another problem is that I am testing only under 1.1 or enhanced 1.0c settings. My new laptop cannot support old 1.0c, while my old pc is gone :( So I have no ways to check the balance under old 1.0c.
Note that enhanced 1.0c mode does not change gameplay in any way. All gameplay bugs remain in enhanced 1.0c, in order to ensure that recs and games perform/fail in exactly the same way, so you should be able to test with it.

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

Actually, the problem is when the palas ignore your army and go straight for your eco. Then your halbs will hunt them, since they won't be able to do any harm in enemy town.
A group of 50 Palas in your town will survive like 3 minutes. In the mean time, they will kill and destroy stuff, and keep like 40 villagers garrisoned. 40 villagers not working * 3 minutes * 20 resources per vil per minute == 2400 resources or almost 20 Paladins. Now, if they happen to break the defense, they will survive longer and kill more things and keep more villagers garrisoned for more time. For example, in a DM my Mayans had 75 of their villagers garrisoned for over 10'. They were almost destroyed, since noone was working. Hopefully, fellow Huns killed one of the 4 enemies and turned the tide with their massive raids, allowing poor Mayans to finally ungarrison their remaining 15 villagers and start rebuilding.

If I want to face them, then I need catas. Catas refuse to die and lengthen the life of cheap trash. Even against Huns, catas are a must.
Saracen camels play the same role, even better when against Huns, but Byz camels lose their power in imperial. Enemy towns are always fortified and Byz camels, cheap or not, die too fast. Other camels seem better than Byz ones in imperial, at least when against mixed armies.

From my tests, my Huns with 50+ HCAs can't really deliver a punch at strong imperial enemies. When I changed the strat to massed Palas, then I saw a real improvement. The problem is that I kind of like cavarchers more :s
Persians, when they happen to get both EWEs and HScorpion, they are unstoppable. No number of monks, palas or castles can stop 50 elephants and 30 scorpions. Even halbs have problems.
Celts are pretty ok with massed scorpions and rams, but the meatshield needs constant service lol. Maybe they have to add palas later.
Byzantines start rolling only after they hit 25+ ECatas. I mean, against strong melee armies, since ranged armies have no chance with all those skirms.
Mayan eagles are a pain against all AIs. But ATE somehow manages to deal with them, even with... HCamels. Strange...

At this point I would like to ask you: We all know that EMangudai fire instantly. How about other units? From what I see, only cavarcher line and non-elite Mangudai have this fire delay. Maybe even Longbow line.

@Scripter,
TLS reaction and faster buildings are significant changes. My AI always struggles with farms in castle age. I have special fules for farming, and some times I don't have wood for ages or I mass too many farms or whatever. With 1.1 or enhanced 1.0c, my Mayans buy wood!

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

TLS reaction and faster buildings <- those gameplay changes should be blocked in enhanced 1.0c mode, I think.
If they were changed, 1.0c recs would oos.

MuRRay Jnr
Waheguru

Post by MuRRay Jnr »

At this point I would like to ask you: We all know that EMangudai fire instantly. How about other units? From what I see, only cavarcher line and non-elite Mangudai have this fire delay. Maybe even Longbow line.
Emangudai are the only units with a legitiment instant fire. I was curious as to that question myself and checked it out a while ago. some units have a shorter delay than other units.
cheers,
murrayj

my current attempt at scripting, avarice ai

Campeador
Waheguru

Post by Campeador »

marathon wrote:I have to admit that when your enemy has 50 paladins, no number of halbs will save me.
This problem can be avoided attacking with your pikes before pop limit becomes a problem. Pikes are cheap and with a quick training time, and build x+1 barracks require the same effort than x stables, because you need the first military building becomes a barracks. So if you can't outnumber well knights with pikes it means that you have a worse game.

LSM. They only work as trash killer in most cases, because the popular knights and massed archers can coutner them. But Gothic LSM are so great hat they can counter most knights and require more xbows to counter them.

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

Thanks, Murray. You are probably right.

Campeador, in a 3vs3 or larger game, it is impossible to keep all 3-4 eneies at limited pop. Sooner or later one of them will hit 200 pop with all ups. And then what? What if he sends a million palas in one town? From my experience against CPS I can tell that massed palas are so hard to kill for some civs that the enemy has the luxury to maintain their numbers and tribute to allies.
Also in PIDM the x+1 rule is not relevant, although I don't really care about DM. But I do care about 4x4 games.

IS_NormanDuck
Waheguru

Post by IS_NormanDuck »

I think, generally speaking, that if your enemy has got 50 palas, something has happened before, since the upgrade to paladin is long and expensive, training 50 knights is expensive, having 50 palas already IS an advantage. IMO, build at least 5 raxes and pump pikes af fast as you can

master26
Forumer

Post by master26 »

when I use Lade LandRM v1.2,it says that:

(player1)
FILE: Lade LandRM\strategies\Persians\Persians FI for UP.per
Line 4132: ERR2004 missing identifier.

how can i fix this error?

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

Not sure how to fix this error, but I bet that all you have to do is
- open control panel.per
- skip the first array of #load-if that loads constants and go further down
- There there is another array with load-if per civ. Go to persians and use the ";" symbol in order to select the other strategy.

That strategy was old and testing. In the mean time, UP has changed. The other strategy should work.

If, however, it fails without UP, then better load another working strategy, like the Byzantine one. Persians in this case will go trash and eles with the occasional archer/hand cannons and limited knights.

UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Post by UnfairestEel »

Lade 1.3 already has that error fixed
Knowledge is Time.
This simple fact can be derived from these beliefs:
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Therefore, Knowledge is Time.
Q.E.D.