Eagles Revenge v7.6

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
marathon
Waheguru

Re: Eagles Revenge v7

Post by marathon »

MiniHorde died clearly against Lade, as expected of course. But it's too strong for a tiny script. It lasted for an hour.
I have tried scouts against eagles as well, but byz scouts are too weak.

This thread should be called anti-eagles :lol:

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

I've seen MiniHorde win against both Chameleon Goths and Lade 0.9.9 Byzantines. However, it depends on the layout of the enemy town, to some extent. If farms are relatively exposed toward the front, MiniHorde's initial castle invasion of light cavalry and cavalry archers will usually be fast enough to take out a significant number of villagers, while diminishing even an army full of counter units. If this occurs, its subsequent raids tend to hold the enemy economy stagnant until imperial, where it usually finishes it.

jdstankosky
Guru

Post by jdstankosky »

SRN no longer fears Eagles Revenge 7
:)
Do not try to script a counter for everything. That is reactionary, and always slower than taking the initiative in battle. Decide from the start what you are going to do, and do not waiver from it. Own it.

THE RULER
Guru

Post by THE RULER »

Leif shall rename the upper League "The Aztec League"
It's poison and it's blood and big fire, big burn - into the ashes and no return

Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Post by Leif Ericson »

That'll be a perfect name if we need a league higher than Paladin. :lol:

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

I still fear Eagles Revenge 7 :( :lol:

Archon
Waheguru

Post by Archon »

jdstankosky wrote:SRN no longer fears Eagles Revenge 7
I fear SRN :ph34r: :lol:

jdstankosky
Guru

Post by jdstankosky »

Archon wrote:
jdstankosky wrote:SRN no longer fears Eagles Revenge 7
I fear SRN :ph34r: :lol:
I think you are safe for a while yet, I don't beat you too often... :P
Do not try to script a counter for everything. That is reactionary, and always slower than taking the initiative in battle. Decide from the start what you are going to do, and do not waiver from it. Own it.

jdstankosky
Guru

Post by jdstankosky »

I was reading through your script and I had a question:

What is the reason you modify your stance to each player and check for threats from each player in your script separately? Why don't you use any-enemy / this-any-enemy ?

ER
Waheguru

Post by ER »

Hi JD - the original reason was because tourneys back then were mostly 2v2. I hated watching my forces slowly tearing down the walls of an already defeated enemy, so this was done to prevent doing that, but had safety valves to set them back to enemy if a market was found or something like a tower, castle, etc.