Crusade AI Project

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
LightTree
Waheguru

Re: Crusade AI Project

Post by LightTree »

Campeador, I will include Crusade on some of my humble MP games, with the channel AoC people. Actually, I already did :). Much more useful than reporting how it performed.. is watching the rec itself. So, let me know if you're interested in some recs. If yes, I can send you by e-mail, without any problem :).

Campeador
Waheguru

Post by Campeador »

Thank for the advices. sn-target-player-number has improved my battle behavior. It's still far from perfect but now when Crusade is requested to defend an ally it sends its troops to the ally's base instead of a random one which could be well defended, creating a worse problem. I think that in human games it's better to attack the exact enemy that is attacking the ally, but I find this solution easier for AIs.

It has allowed 4.6 tie with 4.46, even getting a small but clear advantage in score after 2h.

But there are more problems. I think that one of the reasons is that in attack my troops still often march and regroup to much. So Lightree, a few recorded games by you could be useful. If I've learnt from my own games perhaps with different players and points of view I could learn more.

One more question:
How can I detect if there is a relic in the ground?

LightTree
Waheguru

Post by LightTree »

PM me your e-mail, can I send from there? :).

THE RULER
Guru

Post by THE RULER »

V 4.6 spams LCs now, also buildings all over the map
It's poison and it's blood and big fire, big burn - into the ashes and no return

Campeador
Waheguru

Post by Campeador »

New update. Crusade 4.42 is now my official version.

4.6 is better than 4.41 in some aspects, but worse in others, and I'm not able to resolve its problems before 28th December, the day of the launch of FE. So I've added UP stuff to 4.41, tested to know possible problems, and found a few bugs that sometimes caused that 4.41 (4.6 does it well) didn't build the needed feudal buildings in water maps if enemy doesn't train land soldiers, causing an eternal feudal age.

I think that I've reached the point in which it's too complicated to make my AI 1.c and UP compatible. So my next script will be only UP/FE. :(

_II2N_
Guru

Post by _II2N_ »

Crusade never attacked anything after Barbarian (the original target) died in an oasis FFA, so it turtled for the rest of the game.

Campeador
Waheguru

Post by Campeador »

In such situation it shouldn't attack unless it's the player with the greatest army or it gets full pop and all the important upgrades. Are you sure that it was the case in your game? :ph34r:

_II2N_
Guru

Post by _II2N_ »

Well, it didn't attack anything for 1h 30min (idling from 30min to 2h, after which I closed the game), so probably yes. It had slavs.

EDIT: http://i.imgur.com/Jsb5s.png someone reported this at aoczone. Lumber camp distance is too low at arena.

THE RULER
Guru

Post by THE RULER »

in teams it churns out (expensive) trade carts although highly outnumbered
It's poison and it's blood and big fire, big burn - into the ashes and no return

Alevo1
Guru

Post by Alevo1 »

I tested Crusade against Barbarian on AoFE, Crusade turned out to be Celts, whilst Barbarian was Magyars, a few things:

- Crusade went for a very late flush (29 vills), chatted that it was going for scouts and archers. It advanced to feudal, and began training militia and went M@A(?).
- It began its first attack, this was a few M@A that hit Barbarian's watch tower, a few dying to it and getting distracted by villagers, Barbarian advanced and began training knights before the tower was destroyed, making quick work of the M@A. The problematic bit was now, Crusade began producing spears (good here) and archers (this not so much) to counter knights and a tower, along with a growing number of monks. This wouldn't have been too much of a problem had it not been that Crusade decided to take on the growing number of knights and monks while still being in the feudal age. It lost all its troops, and after training more, it sent them to attack and lost them too! It advanced to the castle age much too late for the circumstances and the game was over quickly after that.
- Please put some good resign rules in too, it would help sooooooo much!