[UP] Hell-Raven BETA 4

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Campeador
Waheguru

Re: [UP] Hell-Raven

Post by Campeador »

There are a few urgent changes that you should make:
- First 8-10 villagers to food, you have tons of idle TC in early Dark Age for it, causing an unacceptable 17' feudal.
- Build both feudal buildings. You arrive to +1000F, +1000W and +400G in feudal because you don't build anything. If you build so many farms, increase your town size for it.

And finally, enable your dynamic percentages only after clicked feudal age. In dark age you only need a half rigid Build Order, and I think that it's the reason becuase your huge idle TC. Enable it after feudal age if you choose a fast castle strat, for the same reasons.

jdstankosky
Guru

Re: [UP] Hell-Raven (Pre-Beta 2)

Post by jdstankosky »

UPDATED.

Fixed Dynamic Gather Percent Algorithm with the almighty help of Scripter64.

Corrected Wood demand and gathering percentages by taking into account how many farms should be in circulation.

Corrected the gold demand for the Castle-Age research technology.

Added support for building Blacksmiths.

Now hits solid Feudal times with 31 villagers. Obviously I am testing for a Fast Castle. The number of villagers that are produced in the Dark-Age will be dynamic in the future.
Do not try to script a counter for everything. That is reactionary, and always slower than taking the initiative in battle. Decide from the start what you are going to do, and do not waiver from it. Own it.

jdstankosky
Guru

Re: [UP] Hell-Raven BETA 4

Post by jdstankosky »

Boom. Beta 4.

Completely overhauled gather system. Implementation of the new cost and delta functions.
Do not try to script a counter for everything. That is reactionary, and always slower than taking the initiative in battle. Decide from the start what you are going to do, and do not waiver from it. Own it.

jdstankosky
Guru

Post by jdstankosky »

Holy crap, 11 downloads? :blink:

Lazarus
Guru

Post by Lazarus »

Are there eleven people who are actually active? :blink:
Time to learn all the new things is too much so probably not scripting

Mandulis
Forumer

Post by Mandulis »

Make that 12. B)

kram1138
Guru

Post by kram1138 »

jdstankosky wrote:That is reactionary, and always slower than taking the initiative in battle.
jdstankosky wrote:Hell-Raven will be a completely organic AI. This means that it has no set strategy. It is completely reactionary.
So you have an ai that is completely reactionary, even though you say that will make it slow? How does that make sense? :blink:
PostCount.Add(1);

jdstankosky
Guru

Post by jdstankosky »

You have to understand the context. Hell-Raven reacts to its environment to compute it's strategy. It takes things into consideration such as, is this a land or water map? What resources are available? What civ am I? What civ is the enemy? Is the enemy human? Does anyone have any allies? What strategies am I likely to see from my enemy and what does my civ have that can exploit any common weakness to my enemy's civ?

Hell-Raven observes the WHOLE big picture. It doesn't just have unit counters in it. It will calculate from the START the best route it thinks it should take, while minimizing any considerable game-play changes. The strategy is generated and executed live. This is the difference.

Finaldeath
Guru

Post by Finaldeath »

jdstankosky wrote:You have to understand the context. Hell-Raven reacts to its environment to compute it's strategy. It takes things into consideration such as, is this a land or water map? What resources are available? What civ am I? What civ is the enemy? Is the enemy human? Does anyone have any allies? What strategies am I likely to see from my enemy and what does my civ have that can exploit any common weakness to my enemy's civ?

Hell-Raven observes the WHOLE big picture. It doesn't just have unit counters in it. It will calculate from the START the best route it thinks it should take, while minimizing any considerable game-play changes. The strategy is generated and executed live. This is the difference.
I love this concept and will be partially using it for my own AI (I've not even downloaded this yet but will do sometime sooooon :D putting off coding right now due to my cold, urg!)
Finaldeath

Writing a set of tutorials - My own AI is super secret development!

kram1138
Guru

Post by kram1138 »

jdstankosky wrote:You have to understand the context. Hell-Raven reacts to its environment to compute it's strategy. It takes things into consideration such as, is this a land or water map? What resources are available? What civ am I? What civ is the enemy? Is the enemy human? Does anyone have any allies? What strategies am I likely to see from my enemy and what does my civ have that can exploit any common weakness to my enemy's civ?

Hmmm. I see. I am going to do something like that with Fire(which i have still barely done anything on)
PostCount.Add(1);