Wartron V0.95 (UP/1.0c)

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
cakemaphoneige
Guru

Re: Wartron V0.92

Post by cakemaphoneige »

Alevo1 wrote:Attack with TSA? :P
Sort out your upgrading, I've had Wartron trying an LSM flood with M@A before, didn't work terribly well :D
Yea exactly, its upgrades are pretty scattered. Ive never seen it do a lsm m@a flood before but thats pretty funny :lol: . I dunno about TSA, i like its attack groups, maybe in the future.
marathon wrote:I think the problem is that trons are not 100% your AIs. They are based on Farmertron.
I think it's time to start a new AI, from scratch, you are more experienced now. This way you'll know all settings. No reason to carry old bugs forever.
I think u might be right. The only thing is i dont ever wanna stop scripting for the ideal i have for wartron. Ive actually been thinking to myself to stop holding on to old patterns and strategies of wartrons and try lots of different things out just to see how they go, just rebuild him with a different structure instead of holding onto the original farmertron structure and working around it.
Speaking of new ai's though, an idea has been in my mind for a new one, actually a couple of ideas have been really.
What are some ai's that create mainly scouts/light cavalry?

Campeador
Waheguru

Post by Campeador »

AIs which use feudal scouts:
- No Limits and Carlos Ferdinand for scouts/archers flushes.
- The Horde, CPS_Alexander, ATE, Crusade and many other the same, but only with a few civs or as a strategy chosen randomly.
- Phyrexx as a counter for skirms.
- Goemul as a feudal defense if the enemy prepares a flush. Otherwise it prefers pure forward towers.

The thing with scouts/archers is that scouts can beat any feudal units but spears and non bonused m@a, while archers are great spear killers and can defeat most infantry once massed, while scouts are great killing skirms. And both are wonderful hunting enemy villagers.

Disadvantages:
- AIs have problems sending them with pure TSA, because often scouts arrives to enemy's base to be killed by spears before their ranged mates protect them. So this combo could force you to use attack-groups.
- Spear/skirms combo can be a good match for obvious reasons and can be launched sooner. Although scouts also could attack skirms and archers to spears. Double edge here.
- If enemy prepares a klew, scouts will be bad against eagles, and their inversion could limit the number of archers avoiding that they become enough massed to kill eagles. This is the reason because I turn my scout/archers flushes into swords/archers if any aztec enemy detected (mayan klews are less dangerous, and scouts are better than m@a against archers).

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Post by cakemaphoneige »

Although i was thinking more of an ai that creates mainly light cavalry the entire game not just feudal, your post was very insightful camp.

Alevo1
Guru

Post by Alevo1 »

cakemaphoneige wrote:Although i was thinking more of an ai that creates mainly light cavalry the entire game not just feudal, your post was very insightful camp.
I haven't seen any... I tried to script one for the Turks once but gave up very fast :P
In theory it could work, but they tend to die way too easily to spears, knights and general soldiers. If you were looking to try it you should use either Mongols or Turks.

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Post by cakemaphoneige »

Alevo1 wrote:I haven't seen any... I tried to script one for the Turks once but gave up very fast :P
In theory it could work, but they tend to die way too easily to spears, knights and general soldiers. If you were looking to try it you should use either Mongols or Turks.
:devil

So umm lol, how do you force deer hunting in 1.0c :rolleyes:

Alevo1
Guru

Post by Alevo1 »

Food drop distance to 0, choose a hunt distance beforehand. If the villagers start hunting, there are deer. If not, there are none :P I used this in Storm! to decide whether to flush or FC...

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Post by cakemaphoneige »

But wouldnt that make all your vills hunt? i only want 6 or 7 hunters max.

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

You need a timer. Your villagers go hunting one by one, after their sheep/forage is over. You can count male and female villagers, you can stop forced hunting whenever you decide.
Kosmos and Eagles Revenge are good examples of good forced hunting.

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

*eavesdropping silently*

Campeador
Waheguru

Post by Campeador »

cakemaphoneige wrote:Although i was thinking more of an ai that creates mainly light cavalry the entire game not just feudal, your post was very insightful camp.
Thanks. For later ages I recommend use them as trash unit if low gold (although depending of a lot of variables) or as monk counter.

For castle transition I see three options:
- lock them completely to save resources for upgrades (light cav is not a great choice in the castle age, in most cases)
- lock them until once you have researched any feudal black tech, to keep good numbers
- train them with no stop to get even better numbers

What option is the best? As always, there is not a best choice, at least a choice for every possible case.