Wartron V0.95 (UP/1.0c)

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Re: Wartron V0.93

Post by UnfairestEel »

cakemaphoneige wrote:
UnfairestEel wrote: btw, I couldn't imagine any melee flood beat a good TK army, Wartron must have been 10x superior in eco to win that one.
It wasnt wartron it was myself playing. Wartron mirrors my strat a little bit but im way better at it. I boom like a crazy and send 100 champs at the enemy at 30-35 min(well i did back when i played everyday, id need some practice now).
oh, true. That makes more sense.
We're not talking champs/husks, we're talking gothic champs/halbs/husks used with the right balance to counter the enemies units. EWEs wouldn't work.
Knowledge is Time.
This simple fact can be derived from these beliefs:
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Therefore, Knowledge is Time.
Q.E.D.

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Re: Wartron V0.93

Post by cakemaphoneige »

UnfairestEel wrote: oh, true. That makes more sense.
We're not talking champs/husks, we're talking gothic champs/halbs/husks used with the right balance to counter the enemies units. EWEs wouldn't work.
Exactly. The big factor in it all as well is a human player can have a perfusioned army cranking at 30-35 min and its usually at that stage that its very hard to beat because the majority of counter armies wouldnt be ready.
On a side note i remembered another big effectiveness of champs - building raiding. Send in 100 champs to the enemy city and usually you can take down maybe 2 town centers or a town center and a castle before the units are killed. Do this 3 or 4 times and the enemy has a very disrupted economy.

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Re: Wartron V0.95BETA (UP/1.0c)

Post by cakemaphoneige »

Updated to 0.95 - only a beta of 0.95 though.

See main post for more details

Having this terrible problem with vikings/japanese and sometimes aztecs where it doesnt seem to do alot of things, its like ive got load-if defined GOTH-CIV everywhere but ive only got it with a few things. The aforementioned civs wont take certain key researches (namely champion which is the most important research this ai takes) but i cant figure out why. If any of you guys are keen check out imperial military.per and near the top are the researches and there requirements, you will see that all that is required is can-research-with-escrow, but no, thats too much.

2 big changes i made are
-Getting longswordsman instead of forging - i used to make wartron always get man at arms, scale mail, forging with escrow asap once castle button is hit and sometimes (most times actually) longswordsman. Now it gets forging without escrow, when it can. My theory is that forging is 150 food for 1 attack or longswordsman for 3 attack, 10 health and more bonus against eagles.
-Getting hand cart as first eco upgrade in castle - theoretically its as good as(or very close to) heavy plow, bow saw and both mining upgrades put together IMO. Plus getting it later sometimes became an issue (mostly because of being under attack late castle age). It will get heavy plow asap after hand cart to allow more farms to be built. The reason for this is to maximise on food income which amounts for like 75% of everything it creates/researches in castle/imperial. Also will get treadmill in castle instead of imp too which should benefit it.

Still deciding what im gonna do with the huskarl strategy, it works for alot of enemies, but switching to husks sometimes got it in trouble so im either going to go with the old way and make it a safer switch, or castle drop against certain civs. Castle dropping against the horde huns proved effective with a side ai i made, didnt win all the time but got a few in.

Still alot of work to do but im happy with this beta version.
Also, ive done a fair bit of adjusting since i last seen it do it(so dont count on it), but it should be able to beat Eagles Revenge like 75% of the time which brings a big smile to my face :D.

Alevo1
Guru

Post by Alevo1 »

Have you got this:

#load-if-defined AZTEC-CIV
#load-if-defined GOTHIC-CIV
#load-if-defined JAPANESE-CIV
#load-if-defined VIKING-CIV

xxx

#end-if

Because this sort of thing only returns true if it is all four of those civs (which is impossible). Check that you have got all of the names of the civilizations right.

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Post by cakemaphoneige »

Well actually i had:

#load-if-defined VIKING-CIV
#load-if-defined JAPANESE-CIV

(can-research champion
=>
)
#end-if
#end-if

But i changed it to 2 seperate rules(for each civ) right before i uploaded but didnt test it thinking it wouldnt do anything.

So your saying that layering #load-if's doesnt work? i would swear ive seen many ai's do it and even the CPSB says you can??

Edit:
I just got it LOL.
Use load-if-not-defined :lol:

Alevo1
Guru

Post by Alevo1 »

Hehe, that's the one ;)

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Post by cakemaphoneige »

:devil

UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Post by UnfairestEel »

This is definitely much stronger than previous versions.
But I think that you should keep the Huskarl flood. In my opinion the huskarls are better than champs.
Knowledge is Time.
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Q.E.D.

Campeador
Waheguru

Post by Campeador »

Huskies are better if enemy uses a lot of ranged units. Otherwise champs are slightly stronger and much cheaper. So the best IMO, as what cake does (although I haven't watched last versions), look for enemy army and choose champs or husks depending of the amount of ranged.

In your case, UnfairestEel, I believe you find better huskies, you use a lot of archers.

UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Post by UnfairestEel »

Your right. I didn't take cost into account :devil
Knowledge is Time.
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Q.E.D.