Wartron V0.95 (UP/1.0c)

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
marathon
Waheguru

Re: Wartron V0.92

Post by marathon »

The most important thing is to be aggressive. Eagles are fast and can keep enemy fillagers garrisoned. They can also kill a few. Even if the battle is lost, the next wave will find a weaker eco, with less food for new swords.
Eagles are terrible opponents in ai wars. Especially mayan imperial ones, they don't die.

kram1138
Guru

Re: Wartron V0.92

Post by kram1138 »

marathon wrote:The most important thing is to be aggressive. Eagles are fast and can keep enemy fillagers garrisoned. They can also kill a few. Even if the battle is lost, the next wave will find a weaker eco, with less food for new swords.
Eagles are terrible opponents in ai wars. Especially mayan imperial ones, they don't die.
And speed. Get the eagles before the opponent has many swords, then keep the villies garrisoned/dead to make sure not many swords are made.
PostCount.Add(1);

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Re: Wartron V0.93

Post by cakemaphoneige »

Bump for update. See main post for details.

UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Post by UnfairestEel »

Wow, I just managed to counter the previous one... (with byz- it's not easy)

tell me, is the latest one more resistant to Mushes like you promised on the ladder to alevo?
I'll find out soon enough I suppose.
Knowledge is Time.
This simple fact can be derived from these beliefs:
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Therefore, Knowledge is Time.
Q.E.D.

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Post by cakemaphoneige »

It wasnt mush's that was failing it, it was mushes with mixed units. I created an anti-mush strategy for tlamacazqui and it would sometimes activate when it versed storm thinking it was mushing despite storm having eagles and archers along with monks, in which case id just prefer it if wartron went with its normal strat otherwise the eagles would eat the LC easily.
I didnt really change that much and like i mentioned storm may still win but wartron will have a better chance against this specific attack.
In 1 test wartron didnt activate anti-mush and both ai's boomed into imperial. Wartron went for Ehusks and tore storms aztecs apart.
Whereas in another test wartron tried its anti-mush(LC and Xbows) then storm atacked with eagles and monks and caused all kinds of problems for Wartron(the LC didnt even have bloodlines or any smithy upgrades lol). Wartron recovered and retaliated but was an age down and had its units redecorated very quickly lol and then sent to destroy there birthplace. Wartron had no chance. Full credit to Alevo, Storm aztecs is good.

I also made some changes to wartrons flush defence so it may train units quicker, test it out and tell me how you go.

Edit:
Having these terrible issues where wartron decides to only build buildings with its gold miners in feudal age or always seems to stuff up gold for castle age somehow, is there some kind of sn-stupidity-factor we can turn off? lol.

Lazarus
Guru

Post by Lazarus »

I made my AI so it selects which units to train to counter my opponent's units so it can counter monks and eagles at the same time :D
Time to learn all the new things is too much so probably not scripting

Alevo1
Guru

Post by Alevo1 »

The problem with that is, say you are Huns, for example, and your enemy is Aztecs... You prepare knights in advance simply because of the civ, and mesos die to knights anyway. The Aztecs then create eagles and monks, eagles hold off the knights while the monks convert them. Then you switch to LC + knights while your opponent has eagles, monks and now knights too. Probably also a stronger eco as villagers tend to run around like headless chickens when it comes to conversions... Knights kill LC, eagles can kill the LC, and some may get converted. Knights and eagles hold off the knights, and more knights are converted! The best thing to do is get heresy and/or faith as quickly as possible. One method I tried against Tlamacazqui which worked quite well once was a Spanish mush that just also used LC to counter the others. Atonement just made all the superstrong monks turn blue :P

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Post by cakemaphoneige »

Yea the whole counter-unit game doesnt always work, especially with ai's because there military micro management is very unintelligent(except for maybe archers).
The whole anti-mush strategy in wartron is put there purely for tlama cause of its evil monk powers. In its normal strategy i just get it to create a few LC in the normal army when the enemy has both monks and other units. Longswords vs eagles will win, but when storm aztecs outbooms wartron and gets elite EW's then he's in trouble, especially with the monks in the background giving them a hard time.

UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Post by UnfairestEel »

That's true but think of this:
there are only probably two units in the game that can counter gothic Champions, Ehuskarls and Gothic Halberds

Those two units are:
Monks and Cataphracts. and possibly gunpowder
However cataphracts are hard to mass, unless you really focus on it.
Obviously I'm only referring to late imperial before the gold runs out which is a small gap.
But your right, goths aren't the privileged civ, aztecs are.

The best way to beat an opponent is to actually beat them, not really counter them.
Byzantines is one of the exceptions in my opinion and so are Goths. why? because they can, and easily in comparison to (for example) huns.
With huns you can't easily change your strategy but if your good enough you don't really need to. (Horde Huns)
The worst counter civs are probably mayans and huns. mayans are the worst.
Eagles revenge is the perfect example of an AI that everyone else is trying to counter, not the other way around.

btw Snake's Mush (byz and saracen) aren't pure, they come with trash support. :devil
but probably more pure than Storms.
Knowledge is Time.
This simple fact can be derived from these beliefs:
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Therefore, Knowledge is Time.
Q.E.D.

Alevo1
Guru

Post by Alevo1 »

Storm! doesn't mush, it just booms :P
On that subject I should be uploading a new Ace soon that has more civs to mush and mushes, xbow rushes and krushes better :)