Wartron V0.95 (UP/1.0c)

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
kram1138
Guru

Re: Wartron V0.95BETA (UP/1.0c)

Post by kram1138 »

UnfairestEel wrote:I must download your old byz.
Remember the last tournament? Mire and Lade. That lade was an old byz Lade. Really good.
PostCount.Add(1);

UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Post by UnfairestEel »

Oh, yeah. I still have that actually.
Knowledge is Time.
This simple fact can be derived from these beliefs:
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Therefore, Knowledge is Time.
Q.E.D.

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

Lade 0.9.4 was the first good version of my trash strategy (does anyone have 0.9.5 btw?).
It can hit 40' imperial in 1.0c. UP farming did help (32 farmers at 31') but 1.0c farming isn't that bad (usually 32 farmers at 32').

I noticed another couple bugs.
- It had 2 farms at ~8-10 tiles and it wouldn't use them. For some unknown reason its farming was blocked (UP). See the escrow rules, also expand food-drop-distance.
- Seems it doesn't use buffers for villagers. So one good attack could prove fatal.

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Post by cakemaphoneige »

Thanks for the tips guys.

Edit:
I made adjustments according to some of the tips you guys said, in particular to what marathon said and, im pretty sure theres a big difference. Farming seems alot better which is great, ive been trying to boost farming for a while now. Have gotten a decent boost but these adjustments gave another boost.

Also, about the hand cart thing and idle TC time archon mentioned. I had noticed this prior to you saying it but was experimenting with different escrow values to see if i could avoid idle tc time and also get hand cart early. Getting it so early i think inevitably will cause idle tc time(especially cause it gets longsword+hand cart straight after each other asap) so i changed it. Research order in castle is changed from = longsword & town center(asap in castle, same time usually) - hand cart - heavy plow - town center
to
longsword & town center - town center - hand cart - heavy plow
Other adjustments:
raised food drop distance (20 instead of 10)
raised builder percentage(i think i had accidentally left it at 10% so raised it to 50%)
VIllager buffer for when under attack.
Umm, theres alot of other changes but i cant recall them all.

Will release next version very soon, just need to work on Imperial age stuff, some UP stuff and balancing and stability of research/build order(like making sure escrow amounts dont backfire etc).

In a test game i just did it beat Snake 2.9.

Edit2

I really need to start considering a new attack system. I hear IS_machines is good but i havent looked into it yet.

Edit3
Farming is still low in some games, its like it hits 30 farmers and wont make any more till after its gets to imperial.

ER
Waheguru

Re: Wartron V0.95ALPHA (UP/1.0c)

Post by ER »

I always thought alpha releases were earlier than beta releases :lol:

Not that it matters B)

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Post by cakemaphoneige »

lol yea i thought i did them in the wrong order.
You guys know what the dealio is.
What comes after BETA btw?

On a side note.
Dont you love when your doing a test and your dark/feudal age gathering seems to go terribly wrong, then when you hit restart game to find out just wtf happened, everything goes smooth like it should, its like huh :huh: ??
I guess thats where rec games come in handy.

ER
Waheguru

Post by ER »

After beta comes gamma if referring to the Greek alphabet, but in software releases it can follow various forms I guess. Usually there would be beta1, beta2, etc, followed by release candidate1, 2, etc as well. There may be many iterations of these, especially if it is M$ :lol:

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Post by cakemaphoneige »

Ah i see.
I must have been thinking about the brain wave states when i thought of the order, i had no idea about those different release code names nor the greek alphabet.
Brain wave states go(in terms of deepening/slowing frequency) beta, alpha, theta, delta, which i think is pretty cool so im gonna stick with it lol :D

WIll update wartron again soon. Seen some big changes and a fair bit of success with things in the last 2 days.

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Post by cakemaphoneige »

Ok so, been doing some tests with Wartron, mostly with up. My main focus has been economy in the last few weeks and i have made alot of progress.
When things go right for wartron now, it booms really well. This next version is a must see, its very strong.
Good news for everyone who loves wartron's husky switch, its back, and stronger than ever. Only just added it so i need to test alot of stuff with it, but its looking very strong.

Will update soon, pretty happy with things at the moment.

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Post by cakemaphoneige »

Ok so was just watching an epic match between wartron and horde goths on UP.
I wrote the commentary on fed of kings while i was watching it.

14:29 Cakemaphoneige watching the weirdest thing right now....
14:29 Cakemaphoneige horde goths vs wartron goths
14:29 Cakemaphoneige wartron switched to huskies
14:29 Cakemaphoneige and horde snuck into imperial age amidst there raging wars
14:29 Cakemaphoneige wartron is pumping out huskies like crazy
14:30 Cakemaphoneige and horde got champion which at first i thought spelt the end for wartron
14:30 Cakemaphoneige but then
14:30 Cakemaphoneige realised wartron is putting on immense pressure onto horde
14:30 Cakemaphoneige who has used alot of resources for its upgrades
14:31 Cakemaphoneige right when i was about to change wartron from attacking when still in castle age and enemy has champion
14:32 Cakemaphoneige the husks are outnumbering the champs like 5-1
14:33 Cakemaphoneige and winning the game
14:33 Cakemaphoneige yep
14:33 Cakemaphoneige horde is down
14:33 Cakemaphoneige almost out
14:33 Cakemaphoneige madness....
14:37 Cakemaphoneige and wartron wins
14:37 Cakemaphoneige what a great game
14:37 Cakemaphoneige absolute anarchy

Now i have to ponder whether to allow wartron to attack like it did in this game and rely on it wining situations like this or dont let it do it again.
Im leaning towards letting it do it cause it was brilliant to watch :D. This would be a top 10 come-from-behind win i have seen.

The reason it was so good is because the horde was winning earlier in the game, had wartron right on the back foot. There towns were so close that once there town sizes went over 30ish they were really close and it was basically constant war. Horde was training some archers amongst its army and so wartron decided to switch to huskies and it worked out perfectly for it. Horde stopped attacking finally, then wartron stopped training longswords and started training husks from castle, then got anarchy JUST as horde started attacking again(or there ts's overlapped), the battle ensued, longswords vs huskies, horde outclassed badly in that moment (longswords kinda fail against huskies), i minimised the browser for 5 minutes, then checked back and the first thing i see is wartron still in castle against hordes full champions, i think ohh no this is bad, the tide has turned completely, but then realise horde wasted all its resources jumping and trying to outclass the husks and failed in the process, the huskies were outnumbering the champs greatly. 10 min later horde hasnt got a town anymore.