Barbarian v2.18

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
wattle
Swami

Re: Barbarian v2.18

Post by wattle »

Nice to see you like both UP and the AIs here, so do I (a random singleplayer).

Here the post with the changelog for Barbarian v2.18:
by _II2N_ » Sat May 19, 2018 9:46 am
Updated to v2.18. Last update was... two years ago?

Added DUC attacking system for early game on land maps. Barbarian can handle up to 3 different unit groups, each of which is handled separately. They may have different targets and in case of ranged groups, they are capable of grouped unit micro. Groups try to find a safe route to their target, attempting to avoid towers and TCs. The system can still certainly be improved a lot.

General:
-Barbarian tries to place farms nicely around the TC.
-Fixed several issues in boar hunting
-Reduced retasking of villagers at castle/imperial.
-Made changes to unit selection in both 1v1 and TGs.

DUC:
-Improved drush micro (still needs more work).
-Trapped villagers are detected on nomad start.
-Scouts in Barbarian team can coordinate to hit enemy villagers in some cases.

DM:
-Not all villagers garrison against enemy scout at start
-Buildings are placed closer to villagers

WK support added.
Watch out for Barbarians new archer micro in feudal and early castle age. It trys to move the units in groups and will focus fire single units of yours. So it doesn't just patrol in, but stops to shoot alltogther at one of your vills at your lumbercamp or one by one at your stray archers or what ever.
You will like it :lol:

For UP you can see the Updates from v1.4 to v1.5 at http://userpatch.aiscripters.net
UP1.5 makes WololoKingdoms possible, the mod to play the HD expansion civs with AoC+UP, which therefore makes it possible to play via voobly, which is important for a lot of pro-players.
There has been great improvement especially for multiplayer in terms of lag.
A small but noticeable feature is, you can now rotate gates using your mousewheel.
MangudAI-all-in (wip, to be continued, when I retire from work :P )
Btw, thank you s64 for your effort. Was a pleasure to cross your way. Have a good time.

el+noob
Swami

Post by el+noob »

One question, could it be that some previous version had anti-truhs? because before when I played and made this strategy he tried to defend, but now if I put pharaon who does trush does not adapt as before

_II2N_
Guru

Post by _II2N_ »

2.18 has some anti-trush but not particularly great. I think some earlier version (2.16x maybe) had a more reckless version of same anti-trush code. The next release will improve Barbarian's anti-trush quite a bit though (it'll still be an AI nevertheless).

samoer
Swami

Post by samoer »

_II2N_ wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:07 am
2.18 has some anti-trush but not particularly great. I think some earlier version (2.16x maybe) had a more reckless version of same anti-trush code. The next release will improve Barbarian's anti-trush quite a bit though (it'll still be an AI nevertheless).
can't wait for the new version!!!

el+noob
Swami

Post by el+noob »

Would it be a barbarian of 2.18x with a simple code of stone collection and tower construction when he detects the trush? To face the pharaon trush fundamentally

_II2N_
Guru

Post by _II2N_ »

Among other things yes, next version will be able to build counter towers against trush.

LightTree
Waheguru

Post by LightTree »

Counter evil with evil :devil :lol:.

Felipe_EL_Guapo
Yogi

Post by Felipe_EL_Guapo »

Hi Max (this nickname is easier xD )
I have noticed that even when Barbie manages pretty well the meso civics and most of the AIs really struggle to counter those evil EEW, when properly countered with infantry they tend to be suicide. Attaching a game where I was teutons and managed to kill hundreds of Mayan EW. I was expecting a counter from it with more Plume archers instead but didn't happen. I think that balance, EW and PA, is one of the little things it can be improved in its already outstanding imperial game.
The most critical things I guess happen in an early age when sending one by one villagers to miserably die trying to finish a building. I think it would increase chances to properly finish it sending 3 together. On the other hand, its micro with the archers chasing villagers is just amazing. It makes it feel like playing against a human.
Looking forward to playing with the next version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e7917hpw4fx2a ... n.rar?dl=0

_II2N_
Guru

Post by _II2N_ »

Hi,

I watched the rec and Barb did start training plumeds once it saw your TKs. It had sold stone pretty excessively, and had only one castle initially for plumed production, which slowed the production speed quite a bit. In next update Barb will have a bit more strict conditions for selling stone. Glad that you like Barb's micro.

Felipe_EL_Guapo
Yogi

Post by Felipe_EL_Guapo »

Awesome man, thanks!