Barbarian v2.18

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
_II2N_
Guru

Re: Barbarian v2.18

Post by _II2N_ »

I prefer not to have non-official versions around that are merely compatible with DE, since they'll nevertheless lack any optimization and are likely to bug out in a large number of situations.

el+noob
Swami

Post by el+noob »

two years from the last update, how long before a new version?

wattle
Swami

Post by wattle »

Maybe if he has finished with Hidden Cup 3, he can dedicate more time to scripting. Lets hope :)
MangudAI-all-in (wip, to be continued, when I retire from work :P )
Btw, thank you s64 for your effort. Was a pleasure to cross your way. Have a good time.

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

He is too busy playing HC3 as Joan The Maid :D
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

Aynshtaynn
Forumer

Post by Aynshtaynn »

I'm a huge fan of Barbarian because it's just so good, so I tested a lot of games in a lot of situations

One of the situations is a lot different than traditional plays: I pair up a Barbie with 2 Yggdrasils and I put 3-4 Barbies as opposition. Barbarian goes ham when slung, so sometimes it ends up literally destroying 3 Barbies all by itself, or with a little arbalest help when Yggdrasil goes imp.

What I noticed in some of thoose games so far are;
Barbarian resigns way too early, or doesn't resign at all. It may be because of the scores, Slung Barbarian usually ends up with approximately 10k score lead. When it doesn't, the opposing Barbie sits with 0 pop for a while.

Slung Barbie never wins when it's pocket. Because both Yggdrasils gets attacked and raided, and Barbie gets confused, runs around in no man's land with most of its army, doing almost nothing.
Changes targets very often, even in mid-fight, which is annoying to see

Other than that, I have never seen a Barbarian sling unless forced to with a taunt (which you can't use it to sling AIs). I never knew it was even a thing before I read all the update notes. What are the requirements for Barbie to sling other Barbie?

Hidden Cup is finished so you may work on an update soon, hopefully this will help

Edit: Just realised something. Barbarian uses traditional team strategy (flank flush pocket krush) only in 200 pop limit. Even in 250, Barbarian uses individual build order like it would do in 1v1

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

This issue with flank-pocket working only on 200 pop, it is an important issue indeed.

Barbarian started as a wild sling AI that destroyed all other AIs for fun. It has optimised strategies. Even its sling, both the sling and the shot were very optimised. Double-triple sling were seen too. Imagine 21' imperial into elite eagles... before UserPatch. I believe he intended to disable sling for vs AIs because sling is too strong.

I found some issues too. In one game on a weird map it failed to drop mill and stuck in dark age. I believe it used up-build-line and one of the 4 tiles was occupied by a custom gaia convertable building. I suggest to have backup for the build-line mill. Dropping a line with the second point not identical to the first but with 1 tile difference should not allow to build 2 mills, but rather allow an alternative location (on this map seed, though, it wouldn't work).

On another map, I think it was Budapest, it had its second scout do weird things and then stuck. I tried to manually move him, he would freeze immediately after.

PCM mod has a scout that cannot lure boar. Barbarian tries to lure boar there, but soon stops the attempt. This scout has zero base attack.

Aynshtaynn
Forumer

Post by Aynshtaynn »

marathon wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 5:08 pm
Barbarian started as a wild sling AI that destroyed all other AIs for fun.
Man, I would love to see Barbarian crush other AIs (perhaps including itself) with slinging when asked. As I mentioned earlier, I use 2 Yggdrasils to do that, but as soon as Barbie is slung to imp, they ask resources so many times that Barbie slings back its advantage completely. :head

Aynshtaynn
Forumer

Post by Aynshtaynn »

Found a problem. In AI vs AI team games, Barbarian doesn't listen to the taunt commands at all. Except the ones who gives info in chat (239, 250 etc.)

lolasik43
Forumer

Post by lolasik43 »

Will Barbarian AI be updated for Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition ?

Barbarian AI currently does not work well with DE :(

Aynshtaynn
Forumer

Post by Aynshtaynn »

lolasik43 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:46 am
Will Barbarian AI be updated for Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition ?

Barbarian AI currently does not work well with DE :(
I'm not even sure if it'll get updated for UP any time soon. I mean it'd eventually be updated but for now, TheMax just doesn't seem to have time as far as I know.