Barbarian v2.18

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
kram1138
Guru

Re: Barbarian v1.8b

Post by kram1138 »

Its done it with LC before too.
PostCount.Add(1);

_II2N_
Guru

Re: Barbarian v1.8b

Post by _II2N_ »

Yeah, I noticed that. I haven't yet found what caused that as I thought I added a limit for camps. This is hopefully going to be fixed in the next update.

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Re: Barbarian v1.8c

Post by cakemaphoneige »

This is a great script, love the strategy variations. Currently doing some tests against its random strategies.

I think the only thing seperating barbarian and the horde are the little things that archon tweaks in the horde that make it that much smarter and perform better. Theyre only small things and they make a small difference on theyre own, but when youve tweaked as many as you can find they add up tremendously to make a very powerful script.
Of course, these things come with age(aka testing, testing, testing and more testing), the horde in its current state wasn't scripted overnight.
Barbarian has alot of things going for it and is all round an awesome script, but still needs some little touches done here and there.

kram1138
Guru

Post by kram1138 »

Could you post more specific settings that it plays. "most maps" is not very specific. I would assume that it means that it plays all maps but a few.

EDIT: Nvm. I looked in the per file.
EDIT2: What population cap and victory settings does it play?
PostCount.Add(1);

_II2N_
Guru

Post by _II2N_ »

Barbarian should support pop cap 200-250. Tested only for pop 200 and victory conquest so there isn't much optimization for other settings, yet.

_II2N_
Guru

Re: Barbarian v1.9

Post by _II2N_ »

Updated to v1.9. The update focuses around UP and there especially in team gaming. Excluding bug-fixes the following changes won't apply for 1.0c.

Strategies rewritten/added:
-Scout+archer flush is now much more human-like with retreating scouts vs spears and some "micro". It can be activated with most civs in 1v1 at tiny map with taunt 17. Huns are probably the best at this.
-Monk rush is now combined with FI+castle drop and it trains UUs, trebs and tons of monks. There is 8% chance of switching to mush if the strength of Barbarian's civ's mush is rated higher than opponent's mush resistance.
-Slinged mesos no longer pick fast imp and they use eagleboom instead. This allows them to have a stronger economy, though the imping times are slower.
-Non-suicidal knight rush has been added. The first knight rush of Barbarian that actually looks a bit after economy :lol:
-Grush for water maps. However it isn't used at non-island custom maps, since there is no way to detect the nature of map and it's safer to not go all-in grush in a situation like that.
-All civs will have 15% chance of drushing as a flank. In addition to that, in 1v1 (and handicaps) there is 30% chance of switching to full drush if an enemy building is sighted early enough. In this case you might see +30 militias.

Other:
-Archon's nice position detection code is added
-If an ally is fighting enemy and the target is shared with Barbarian, it tries to go assist the ally. This often leads to doubled enemy flanks. Sent info from the ally is required, though, but the code is pretty simple. Feel free to use it if you find it useful.
-Taunt 31 (and 222) will reduce the number of soldiers needed to launch an attack and respectively with taunt 36 it is increased.
-When target player changes or focus player differs from target player, Barbarian will chat it to allies. It will tell its current target and focus players also by taunt 239 from any ally.
-Notably increased trading and siege units, especially in later game. Barbarian builds bombard towers and also tries to respond to the enemy ones with heavier siege.
-Military comparison is now done only to focus player, who is the nearest opponent or the enemy with most army who is fought with. This among with ally assisting leads to much more smarter playing in team games.
-Added 5 different sets of building target priorities. Barbarian will select the one of them that feels the most suitable.
-Optimized dark age gathering and added posibility to go lumber camp first if enough sheep are found early.
-Barbarian will respond to taunts 3-5 in later game if it has enough resources.
-Dying Barbarian will try to run behind its allies.
-It attemps to build more-or-less-well markets in corner.
-A lot more minor or forgotten changes

I managed to hit the 2000 rule limit a couple of times :unsure:

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

Great stuff :devil

kunyi
Guru

Post by kunyi »

nice update!!!one guess -> he tryed build new lumber camp i killed villager,and i stay around the half ready lumber camp, barbarian just sended the villagers in death , much better on UPs, GJ ! :dance

LightTree
Waheguru

Post by LightTree »

Impressive! Can't wait to test it :).

Thx for the work :).

kunyi
Guru

Post by kunyi »

nice, but other one gues vs humans playing

Barbarian huns goes mass CA boom,i go fc 4tc boom, cas cooming but if i put 2-3villager in tc he retreart alltime and give me big times for boom imp and defeat,and only 2-3 villager in and he back 2-3mins and come again and back come back... if you try your target enemy go boom without armys,less ca and more rams attack before target player try make units.. ;) :devil i think