Barbarian v2.18

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Re: Barbarian v2.18

Post by Leif Ericson »

Thanks Promi. Mariano99, if you're getting errors with the original civs (especially File Load Failed errors), I wonder if the AI is installed in the right location. Make sure that Barbarian.per, Barbarian.ai, and the Barbarian folder with all of the files that it contains are placed in this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AoE2DE\resources\_common\ai.

Bandit1990
Forumer

Post by Bandit1990 »

Another condition is that Barbarian doesn’t work if any of its opponents uses any of the new DE civs. So even if you pick an old civ for Barbarian to play, if someone else in the game is playing a civ like Cumans then Barbarian with have an error.

This is because Barbarian changes its play based on enemy civs so it needs to recognise enemy civs to run properly.

If you still get an error when following Leif’s advice could you please share the exact error message you get? That may help us pinpoint where it is going wrong :)

Mariano99
Forumer

Post by Mariano99 »

Leif Ericson wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:22 pm
Thanks Promi. Mariano99, if you're getting errors with the original civs (especially File Load Failed errors), I wonder if the AI is installed in the right location. Make sure that Barbarian.per, Barbarian.ai, and the Barbarian folder with all of the files that it contains are placed in this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AoE2DE\resources\_common\ai.
Solved! Thanks. That was exactly the problem, I was missing the "strategies" folder which I hadn't pasted with the other files. It's not that easy to install and run this external ai's when don't have experience in softwares and the like. It would be great to have a guide pinned at the top of this forum. Thanks again to all who answered!