Barbarian v2.18

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
GamesGod
Forumer
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 4:01 am
Location: Russia

Re: Barbarian v2.18 for v1.6 game data (voobly)

Post by GamesGod »

Ariota wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:52 pm
Barbarian is by far the best AI. Could someone please update it to play the last 11 civs that came with aoe 2 DE for

v1.6 game data on voobly: https://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/1533/v16-Game-Data (this data mod is AOE 2 DE) ???

Thanks in advance.
I hope no one will improve the barbarian and optimize for new civilizations - this is the only thing that can give you the opportunity to play with other AI :D
Developer of GamesGod AI

Aynshtaynn
Forumer
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:49 am

Re: Barbarian v2.18 for v1.6 game data (voobly)

Post by Aynshtaynn »

GamesGod wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:59 pm
Ariota wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:52 pm
Barbarian is by far the best AI. Could someone please update it to play the last 11 civs that came with aoe 2 DE for

v1.6 game data on voobly: https://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/1533/v16-Game-Data (this data mod is AOE 2 DE) ???

Thanks in advance.
I hope no one will improve the barbarian and optimize for new civilizations - this is the only thing that can give you the opportunity to play with other AI :D
Why would you say that? :rofl
If Barbarian gets an update, others would have to improve more to surpass Barbie, which is even more competitive am I right? :lol:
Also it would be a Barbarian update, which would be most pleasant :dance
Come on The Max, where are you? :head

GamesGod
Forumer
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 4:01 am
Location: Russia

Re: Barbarian v2.18

Post by GamesGod »

The fact is that developers are already improving their AI))) and I am one of them, but the truth is that the development of the city in each age of the barbarian is almost flawless and it is incredibly difficult to come up with a more perfect development))) yes, the barbarian can be defeated due to a large number of duc control units, or tower rush tactics, or simply with the help of a large number of skirmishers in the early feudal age, but that's not it... I don't consider it an honest victory over him :) duc should be minimal :)
Developer of GamesGod AI

User avatar
FireBall37
Swami
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:49 pm
Location: United States

Re: Barbarian v2.18

Post by FireBall37 »

GamesGod wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:28 am
duc should be minimal :)
why? :huh:
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

GamesGod
Forumer
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 4:01 am
Location: Russia

Re: Barbarian v2.18

Post by GamesGod »

FireBall37 wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:20 pm
GamesGod wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:28 am
duc should be minimal :)
why? :huh:
Because a lot of duc is unfair :) especially in relation to people :) for example a human is not able to simultaneously control different groups of units in different places on the map :) I mean in 1 sec :) and the barbarian duc does not play a significant role :) However, of course, due to the fact that AI often makes a lot of mistakes, especially on maps like "islands", that's why duc compensates for these weaknesses :)
Developer of GamesGod AI

User avatar
FireBall37
Swami
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:49 pm
Location: United States

Re: Barbarian v2.18

Post by FireBall37 »

GamesGod wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:33 pm
Because a lot of duc is unfair :) especially in relation to people :) for example a human is not able to simultaneously control different groups of units in different places on the map :) I mean in 1 sec :) and the barbarian duc does not play a significant role :) However, of course, due to the fact that AI often makes a lot of mistakes, especially on maps like "islands", that's why duc compensates for these weaknesses :)
well, Direct Unit Control is actually exactly what humans do; also, Barbie has more army micro than most other ai. I think I understand what you say about unfair control though :)
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

TheNightPanda
Swami
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 3:22 am

Re: Barbarian v2.18

Post by TheNightPanda »

GamesGod wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:33 pm
FireBall37 wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:20 pm
GamesGod wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:28 am
duc should be minimal :)
why? :huh:
Because a lot of duc is unfair :) especially in relation to people :) for example a human is not able to simultaneously control different groups of units in different places on the map :) I mean in 1 sec :) and the barbarian duc does not play a significant role :) However, of course, due to the fact that AI often makes a lot of mistakes, especially on maps like "islands", that's why duc compensates for these weaknesses :)
Barbie does some hit and run micro, but it’s true that it still uses this to a lesser degree than some never ai’s. However saying DUC does not play a significant role for Barbie is just wrong. It just uses DUC in more suttle ways that you may not notice as much as the hit and run micro. Things like army movement, defense, counter push, mangonell micro, unit targeting, gathering units before a fight are all relying on DUC commands, sometimes in combination with TSA.

lolasik43
Forumer
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:05 am

Re: Barbarian v2.18

Post by lolasik43 »

I wonder if we will ever see an updated Barbarian AI :unsure:

GamesGod
Forumer
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 4:01 am
Location: Russia

Re: Barbarian v2.18

Post by GamesGod »

TheNightPanda wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:37 pm
GamesGod wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:33 pm
FireBall37 wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:20 pm
GamesGod wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:28 am
duc should be minimal :)
why? :huh:
Because a lot of duc is unfair :) especially in relation to people :) for example a human is not able to simultaneously control different groups of units in different places on the map :) I mean in 1 sec :) and the barbarian duc does not play a significant role :) However, of course, due to the fact that AI often makes a lot of mistakes, especially on maps like "islands", that's why duc compensates for these weaknesses :)
Barbie does some hit and run micro, but it’s true that it still uses this to a lesser degree than some never ai’s. However saying DUC does not play a significant role for Barbie is just wrong. It just uses DUC in more suttle ways that you may not notice as much as the hit and run micro. Things like army movement, defense, counter push, mangonell micro, unit targeting, gathering units before a fight are all relying on DUC commands, sometimes in combination with TSA.
The Barbarian uses micro armies only for initial feudal/castle age attacks... In defense, it does not use duc at all, it is not needed, the TSA so perfectly helps to protect the city. He just changes the priorities of targets using offense-target-priority :) the economy (management of villagers) also seems to be without duc. Well, then, when the Barbarian began the transition to imp age, he turns on the TSA and runs into the attack, again, without duc, but simply specifying priorities for the attack, TC, castle, towers...The funny thing is that if he had used attack-now instead of TSA for the attack. Then the effectiveness of this continuous attack becomes significantly lower due to poor choice of targets :) this is the main problem of the attack-now function... The units that are sent by this command to attack are terrible at choosing targets - and nothing can change this choice... I have not yet found a way to use the attack-now function so that it makes an effective attack...
Developer of GamesGod AI

TheNightPanda
Swami
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 3:22 am

Re: Barbarian v2.18

Post by TheNightPanda »

GamesGod wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:33 pm
TheNightPanda wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:37 pm
GamesGod wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:33 pm
FireBall37 wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:20 pm
GamesGod wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:28 am
duc should be minimal :)
why? :huh:
Because a lot of duc is unfair :) especially in relation to people :) for example a human is not able to simultaneously control different groups of units in different places on the map :) I mean in 1 sec :) and the barbarian duc does not play a significant role :) However, of course, due to the fact that AI often makes a lot of mistakes, especially on maps like "islands", that's why duc compensates for these weaknesses :)
Barbie does some hit and run micro, but it’s true that it still uses this to a lesser degree than some never ai’s. However saying DUC does not play a significant role for Barbie is just wrong. It just uses DUC in more suttle ways that you may not notice as much as the hit and run micro. Things like army movement, defense, counter push, mangonell micro, unit targeting, gathering units before a fight are all relying on DUC commands, sometimes in combination with TSA.
The Barbarian uses micro armies only for initial feudal/castle age attacks... In defense, it does not use duc at all, it is not needed, the TSA so perfectly helps to protect the city. He just changes the priorities of targets using offense-target-priority :) the economy (management of villagers) also seems to be without duc. Well, then, when the Barbarian began the transition to imp age, he turns on the TSA and runs into the attack, again, without duc, but simply specifying priorities for the attack, TC, castle, towers...The funny thing is that if he had used attack-now instead of TSA for the attack. Then the effectiveness of this continuous attack becomes significantly lower due to poor choice of targets :) this is the main problem of the attack-now function... The units that are sent by this command to attack are terrible at choosing targets - and nothing can change this choice... I have not yet found a way to use the attack-now function so that it makes an effective attack...
I’m sorry but you are just wrong. It does use DUC for defense and economy. Both are in conjunction with other systems sure. I’m sure it’s hard to know if you don’t have as much experience using DUC. No top ai uses attack-now.

Post Reply