Barbarian v2.18

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
_II2N_
Guru

Barbarian v2.18

Post by _II2N_ »

Barbarian is an AI script that plays all (almost) AI-playable maps. It randomly selects a strategy depending on its civ, but then may change it depending on circumstances. Supports WK now.

Settings supported (preferred):

Game type: Any
Map: Any
Civilization: Any
Difficulty: Any (hard)
Resources: Any (standard/low)
Map reveal: Any (explored for DM)
Starting age: Any (dark for RM, post-imperial for DM)
Population cap: Any (200)

Taunt list:

Code: Select all

Taunts, 1v1 on tiny land map, forced strategies (civs):

General requirements: land and tiny map, game time less than 10min
17 - Scout+archer flush (any but Aztec/Goth/Maya/Inca).
21 - Drush. Game time must be less than 3min.
22 - Monk+Mangonel push
23 - Eternal drush (any but saracens, requires normal drush to already be chosen -> taunt 21 first). Note that this strategy will fail badly if no enemy building is sighted.
28 - Aztec eagles&monks / Mayan/Incan eaglerush.
29 - Castle push at arena (any civ with ranged unique unit).
30 - Mush (any).
32 - FC+xbow (any but Spanish/Hun).
33 - Castle drop (any but Aztec/Hun).
34 - Changes strategy to war galley rush (pre-35min)/enables and increases navy training (from human enemy).
35 - Prevents training more navy for 10min as long as the strategy doesn't directly request any (from human enemy).
38 - Saracen all-in krush/Hun CA rush/Frank heavy krush
40 - Goth castle drop + boom.
42 - Fast imp (Aztec/Maya/Turk).

Team gaming/other
3-6 - Gives the particular resource if there is extra. These have usually no effect before the game time is over 40-50min.
12 - Turns automatic ally defence on/off.
19 - Cancels the effect of taunt 31 (if sent by a human).
22 - Calls army sent by taunts 222/223 home and enables attacking and defending.
31 - Starts a blind attack that lasts 5min. Accepted only from human allies after 20min (1min in DM) of game. Will fail if Barbarian has been told to defend a wonder.
32 - Forces picking a rushing strategy if used during first 10 minutes of game (from human allies).
33 - Stops slinging (however takes effect only after the game time is over 20min)/Forces picking a booming strategy if used during first 10 minutes of game (from human allies).
34 - Changes strategy to war galley rush (pre-35min)/enables and increases navy training.
35 - Prevents training more navy for 10min as long as the strategy doesn't directly request any.
36 - Blocks attacking for 3min and causes retreating if an attack is going on (by humans, game time >20min, 1min in DM)
37 - Attempts to build a wonder if it seems to be possible
38 - Switches the strategy to feudal age sling. The sling will stop automatically at 50min at non-islands map/at 37min at islands. Must be sent when feudal hasn't been clicked yet.
40 - Allows flaring a position for market for 10 seconds. Barbarian must have free villagers (to be tasked as builders) and enough wood. Note: This disables independent market placing to corners, so it's better to place multiple.
41 - Switches pocket's 2 stable krush to 1 stable krush
48 - Barbarian will assume it's slung (from human allies).
148 - Deletes buildings at the flared position with 4-tile radius. Use with caution. Teams must be locked.
188 - Shares sheep on LN if possible.
199 - Deletes some warships and prevents training new for a while (use with caution, must be used repeatedly to delete notable amount of navy).
220 - Allows sending army to the flared position for 10 seconds. Disables independent unit control for 120s.
222 - Allows patrolling army to the flared position for 10 seconds. Keep in mind that this will block attacking and proper defending for 6 minutes.
223 - Allows patrlling navy to the flared position for 10 seconds. Since this command has lower priority Barbarian may decide to retreat on its own.
230 - Forces picking fast imperial monk rush if used during first 10 minutes of game (from human allies).
230+[enemy player number] - Assigns a fixed target player for 10 minutes. For example with taunt 233 the target will be player 3. Note: Player number isn't the color.
239 - Chats current target and focus players (the enemy player which is used for military comparison).
249 - Chats the stockpiles and population to the ally.
250 - Chats the version and strategy.
Attachments
Barbarian 2.18.zip
UP/WK
(454.52 KiB) Downloaded 2065 times
Barbarian 2.17.zip
(440.68 KiB) Downloaded 1034 times
Last edited by _II2N_ on Sat May 19, 2018 2:33 am, edited 124 times in total.

_II2N_
Guru

Re: Barbarian v.1.0

Post by _II2N_ »

Now Im really conviced about Barbarian's scouting skills :rofl

UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Post by UnfairestEel »

:rofl
This is a really strong ai, I played it as mayans and it had tons of archers and was at castle age by 18 minutes :o
Knowledge is Time.
This simple fact can be derived from these beliefs:
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Therefore, Knowledge is Time.
Q.E.D.

Campeador
Waheguru

Post by Campeador »

I've tested his Aztecs. His castle time of 18:30 made Crusade's flush seem slower. Much slower. The game was quite strange, if Barbarian was in a superior age it was winning, once Crusade reached the same age AND upgraded his units the tide of the battle moved, until Barbarian took another new age, recovering the advantage. Finally, after a long and hard game, my Viking champions won, but only because an army of eagles/monks/jaguars exhaust gold mines very quick. I think that in a team game, and a good number of trade carts, the result should be different.

Archon
Waheguru

Post by Archon »

A very interesting script, that loads several randoms strategies per civ. In my test against aztecs he got to imperial age in 26:xx min, but all he could do was training scorps from one siege workshop, which wasn't enough against a 3 archery range XBow rush.

Apart from that one, Barbarian put up a good fight in every game and won a fair part of them. What I dislike about it is it neglects economy for unit output. For example his viking Xbow rush used no more than 30 villagers for the entire game.

_II2N_
Guru

Post by _II2N_ »

Fast imp and scorpions but nothing else? That sounds like a failed mush. Its mush may have problems with early attacks and also with massed units. I'll try improve that a little.

When using xbow-strategy Barbarian only trains 30 vills. It restarts training them after it reaches more than 45 military units. However I try if that strategy could work with more villager training. Strategies where Barbarian limits its economy shouldnt be too common anyway. Most of strategies have "normal" eco balance.

I'll soon update this but first I want to give koreans a strategy that uses their bonuses. I also found some more or less harmful bugs :head

IS_NormanDuck
Waheguru

Post by IS_NormanDuck »

A very strong AI, that is capable to choose different effective strategies and to play with all civs, with an unique personality of fight.

_II2N_
Guru

Post by _II2N_ »

Okay, updated to v.1.1.

I have added koreans a booming strategy. Castle drops should work better now and fixed some other stuff. If mushing Barbarian has now some sense with attacking instead of just suiciding them when 10 monks are reached :lol:

_II2N_
Guru

Re: Barbarian v1.2

Post by _II2N_ »

Updated to v1.2.

Added turks ability to mush and the traditional fast imp strategy (guns!). This can be tough against non-aggressive opponents.
Barbarian now might change its strategy if it is countered by the enemy. This means that the most flush-vulnerable strategies will turn into xbow rush if enemy flush is detected early enough, though against aztec/mayans Barbarian still may try defend with scorpions. Also, turkish fast imp will change into mush against mush (which was the main reason I added turks ability to mush).
There also is somekind of system to get heresy if enemy has too many monks. Im not sure how well that works. Some other things are improved now too. I cant remember anymore what those were :lol:

marathon
Waheguru

Re: Barbarian v1.2

Post by marathon »

Excellent script!

A little more work is needed for your flush to be as dangerous as your fast imperial. Other than that, I can only wonder how you made so many strats for all civs, and all of them being competitive, if not really deadly.