Promi 2.11

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Archon
Waheguru

Re: Promi 0.9

Post by Archon »

And about the load-random, i know how it works but can it really be good if it's random?

I believe there is always a best strategy against what your enemy is doing. But AIs can't scout reliable enough to determinate what would be the best strategy in all cases. So you can try a random strategy instead that makes your AI less predictable and adds diversity to it. However for new scripters like you, I suggest to do one strategy for one civ first and if you got that than upgrade to more possibilities. For example you make an byzantine only fast castle script that goes for trash (Lade) you might want to add a defense against flush, something against EW rushs (if you ever happen to find a solution :head ) and so on.
Marathon i just looked into your LADE script (wanted to see what you were telling me) and while i was scrolling there i saw that you've got a FC market strategy, is it worth it to sell wood to get to castle-age a bit earlier?
Unless you play a strategy that doesn't need an archery-range, stable or a quick 2nd TC, I think no. Marathon might correct me, but I guess his script is also made to play on strange custom maps without gold, so it has to sell in that case.
PPS: Marathon, where are you from (Just saw your "Neue TSA" file :P)? :>
He is from greece. :P
However THE RULER, robink and me are from germany.

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

THE RULER wrote:Marathon, where are you from (Just saw your "Neue TSA" file )? : that's :ph34r:
Yeah it probably sounds a bit creepy :D I just asked because i was pretty sure he's from my country (because of the filename) ;) But well, he isn't :D

Thank you for the tips archon! :) (And yeah, i'm also from germany ;))

So most of the time i'm able to withstand Mire's EW rush (and once i repelled his big wave the game is won) (edit: success against james I's mayan rush too) and the first 1-3 waves of EW's by Eagles Revenge, but i've got no chance against ER :P
I also won against Flixt and i'm going to test against tons of other scripts, but my AI is still sooo bad compared to the 'big ones'. :/

My AI's fight behaviour is also kind of weird (already improved it by a bit) and in the future i'm going to add a military-superiority system for better timed attacks.
But i'm going to release 1.0 before that (probably in a few hours).

1.0 is not only a bit better than 0.9, but a LOT better against meso-civs. 0.9 hadn't even got a chance against them.
The downside is, that my age times are much slower (feudal is like 1 min later, castle approximately 9 mins later (castle time depending on opponent)) against meso-civs because i prepare a flush defense in any case.

So i'd appreciate it if anyone could help me improve when i release 1.0 soon! :)

And yeah, going to add Promi to the ladder then (as byz)! :)
Just btw: Promi is also able to play other civs, but definitely plays best as byzantines. ;)

UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Post by UnfairestEel »

Whoa your AI sounds good!
Especially for a "first AI" :P
Knowledge is Time.
This simple fact can be derived from these beliefs:
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Therefore, Knowledge is Time.
Q.E.D.

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Promi 1.0

Post by Promiskuitiv »

Updated to version 1.0! :)

UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Re: Promi 1.0!

Post by UnfairestEel »

I will test it, it sounds very promising and must be improving at an alarming rate.
Just wondering, can it beat mayan Ranger yet? (I will find out for myself soon enough :lol: )
Knowledge is Time.
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Q.E.D.

THE RULER
Guru

Post by THE RULER »

:devil

in arena now - new competitor, eel !
It's poison and it's blood and big fire, big burn - into the ashes and no return

UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Post by UnfairestEel »

NOOO!
Too much competiton :lol:
Knowledge is Time.
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Q.E.D.

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

I hope i didn't set the expectations too high! ^^
At least it's better than before :D

I tested against your mayans quite some time before and lost pretty hard, i might still lose now but it should be a little more equal now. But just you wait for my next version :devil :D
Btw, i like you guys and this whole community! :)

Newsticker: Testing against Ranger 3.0 Mayans to either find ways to beat him or to find out that i can already beat him (but i don't think so ^^) :D

Signed up in the ladder now! Be aware scripters in the world! :D

Edit: OH MY GOD :lol: Sooooo stupid, added something in the last second before i uploaded my AI and i've got a typo in there :head Reuploading ... Sorry for the one who already downloaded it (you could also fix the typo by yourself if you want, path: \Promi\BYZANTINE\trade, search for "amout" and replace it with "amount" (obviously :lol: ))! zz sry ^^ Edit: Done!

UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Post by UnfairestEel »

This might surprise you, but Ranger 2.5 would probably be uniquely better against your AI (than Ranger 3.0)
All versions later than that would probably detect your building an army in feudal age and build it's own feudal age army but Ranger 2.5 and some earlier versions would ignore this and just focus on getting to castle-age ASAP regardless of what the opponent is doing...

I like Ranger 2.5, it was all Xbows but I had to add (more) counters to make up for certain losses

But still, don't test Ranger 2.5; test Ranger 3.0 if your going to test it at all ;)

btw I kind of do hope that you did set the expectations too high :lol: I'm starting to get worried lol
Knowledge is Time.
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Q.E.D.

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

Argh, i just tested against Ranger and you didn't even try an EW rush. :lol:

Usually i've got masses of longswordsmen before the EW rush would arrive to counter them hard (+4 bonus dmg :)) and a few xbows, too.

And you attack with longswordsmen + masses of xbows what totally countered me on the other hand :D
I think with my "FC" "strat" i might have more of a chance versus your mayans but my AI only uses it against non-meso enemies :lol:

I just realize how many flaws my AI has ^^

Okay, in my next version i'll have a strat which beats you (i hope so)! :D But even if i haven't i won't just release the next version with some changes, i will instead work pretty hard on it and release when i did some major improvements. :) May not take toooo long as i have much spare time at the moment :D

A forward-pavillon? :lol: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/4/aok002.jpg/
Last edited by Promiskuitiv on Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.