[UP] Randomization v9.2

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Finaldeath
Guru

Re: [UP] Randomization v8.7b

Post by Finaldeath »

I've entirely missed this AI. WTF am I doing? I love chatty AI's!

Okay tried it out, a few things;
  • Sheep still go to the mill, messing up foragers and boar hunting (see: sn-livestock-to-town-center )
  • Didn't get the second boar until Feudal Age (might be my older version of slightly buggy boar code I noticed it using, or potentially just a scouting issue!)
  • It built a very delayed mine in Feudal Age and even then it was at a stone mine (too low a gold mine distance?) bit odd that one - it never then built ANY more mines, and relied on market trading for all the gold, once the initial patch of gold was gone - note there were other gold mines available inside the base area. Wood was done excellently however!
  • Targeting was odd; it kept oscillating between the two nearest players, not sure why, didn't seem to be based on their scores. Eventually started focusing probably due to luck.
  • No siege in Castle Age in spite of a lot of agression (was Overly Tense). Those castles really killed more then they needed to.
  • No university so no Murder Holes! Poor castles :(
  • No monastery so no Relics :(
It managed to help defeat one opponent but just kept throwing unupgraded trash against the other two (all Petersen). It could have defended for ages, since Petersen is bad at attacking.

This was an Arabia, FFA as Britons, on Hard, pretty standard setup.

I'll try it again at other points :) I love anything chatty, keep up the good work!
Finaldeath

Writing a set of tutorials - My own AI is super secret development!

Campeador
Waheguru

Post by Campeador »

Apart from FD says I find that:
- If you send villagers to mine, at least you should spend the 100 wood to get the camp ASAP. And this is only a radical aproach. For at least 90% of cases you should start building the gold mine and once you have started then send your miners. There are AIs that even wait to complete that mine camp before to use it. For the moment your miners are losing tons of villager seconds by walking time.
- At the start, your AI seems to plan a FC strat, but later it researches a few eco techs and train a few defensive units. I imagine that your AI changed from FC to a feudal defense because it detected an enemy flush. In such a case you should modify your flush detection or your reaction, I don't know, but the thing is that your answer is in the middle, a 21-22' castle time with too few defensive soldiers. I suspect that your AI only needs to detect flushes faster, but I'm not sure and the way to improve it have to be decided by you.
- If you research eco ups, the ones from the lumber camp should have a higher priority over the ones from the mill. They are more important.

Anyway, considering that I've tested it against fully updated top AIs yours is quite ok.

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

Any plans to make this a random civ AI? :)

Lazarus
Guru

Post by Lazarus »

Eventually :c
Time to learn all the new things is too much so probably not scripting

samoer
Swami

Post by samoer »

UP1.3 error.

Lazarus
Guru

Post by Lazarus »

I got bored, and now I feel unbored of AI scripting... but I can't find my AoC CD D:
Now I feel sad. I will try to find it and hopefully continue scripting some more. The UP AI ladder looks like fun, and I will probably join it if I can get another disk.

The reason this AI has an error for 1.3 is either
a. It had an error when I uploaded it
or b. v1.4 of UP changed some things and things I have in the AI don't work anymore. I'll try to figure it out.

Lazarus
Guru

Post by Lazarus »

Updated to version 8.8, this one shouldn't have any bugs.

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Post by cakemaphoneige »

Your ai builds its feudal buildings very far away from home tc. This wastes villagers time by walking all the way over to build them, and back to its resource.
I recommend you change to something like this:

Code: Select all

;=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
;Market
;=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
(defrule
	(up-compare-goal GOAL-AGE >= FEUDAL)
	(building-type-count-total market < 1)
        (up-can-build 0 c: market)
=>
        (set-strategic-number sn-placement-zone-size 5)
        (set-strategic-number sn-placement-fail-delta 0)
	(up-set-placement-data my-player-number -1 c: 0) ; -1 = home town center
	(up-build place-control 0 c: market)
;        (chat-local-to-self "build market")
)
;=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
;Blacksmith
;=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
(defrule
	(up-compare-goal GOAL-AGE >= FEUDAL)
	(building-type-count-total blacksmith < 1)
	(up-can-build 0 c: blacksmith)
=>
        (set-strategic-number sn-placement-zone-size 5)
        (set-strategic-number sn-placement-fail-delta 0)
	(up-set-placement-data my-player-number -1 c: 0) ; -1 = home town center
	(up-build place-control 0 c: blacksmith)
;	(chat-local-to-self "building blacksmith")
)
These will build a blacksmith and a market at a nice distance from the home tc. Basically as close as the building system will allow(leaving room for farms).

Also, in the game i tested, randomization didnt build a mining camp(or it built it at stone maybe) and was mining gold and dropping back to the home tc. Might want to look into that :P

Lazarus
Guru

Post by Lazarus »

Yeah, I don't like mining camps

I never know when to have the AI build them :c

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Post by cakemaphoneige »

Well, when my ai goes for a fast castle strategy, it builds a mining camp right after it begins researching feudal. Then every time dropsite-min-distance gold > 2, it builds more.
For flush strategies, some ai's do it differently and it usually depends on what unit its making. Either make one after feudal begins researching, or in feudal age, straight after important military buildings are built (for example, barracks and archery-range then immediately mining-camp)this saves the 100 wood to make sure the initial military buildings get up quick.
If you want to just keep everything simple you could just make every strategy build the camp after feudal research begins.

If you can figure these kind of things out it will make your ai much stronger and productive overall.