Subotai 0.9

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Mandulis
Forumer

Re: Subotai 0.7

Post by Mandulis »

Latest version is up. I decided to drop the hunting stuff. In the end I was not faster than the regular forage/farm-aproach but the script was more prone to failure due to strange placement of boars or deer. In the end the walking to the deer and back cost me so much time that the 50% hunting speed of the mongols was of no advantage anymore. I cut the script down. It uses boar hunting and regular livestock, forage and farms. Deer is used in the feudal age if possible. In this way the script is not slower than most other scripts if the boars are placed very badly. If I am able to hunt both boars the script is a bit faster and goes to feudal age after 10:00. For now that is enough, I think.

The next big thing will be attacking. Proper attacking. Attack-now is rather horrible as the army ignores most stuff on their way to the hostile town center. Especially early attacks suffer from this. Wasting units as there is no retreat yet needs to be fixed, too. The, hopefully, the script should slowly start to be able to beat someone aside from my practice Ai which only spams knights.

Mandulis
Forumer

Re: Subotai 0.7

Post by Mandulis »

So, i guess i'm back. After a quite long break from aoc i found the T90 Official channel on twitch and got excited about aoc again. Certainly im not really a good player ( i tried) so i decided to let my ai do the work again. I uploaded a new version in the first post, but its still pretty shitty.
What's new then?
I decided to modularize my script as much as possible. The resulting frame work should make writing and maintaining individual strategies much easier; code updates in general. Im probably not the first one to do it, though. :) Since i suck at the game i only have one badly written strategy till now, but i use it to improve all code modules which will be shared across many strategies. Like TSA-rules, hunting, scouting, etc.

If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Dymfer
Forumer

Re: Subotai 0.9

Post by Dymfer »

Is it UserPatch based?

Mandulis
Forumer

Post by Mandulis »

Yes, it is. Although i did not read into the newer features. Thus the ai is not using the latest features. Ill implement as i go along.

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

Welcome back, Mandulis! Thank you for the update :)
Hi Dymfer, welcome to the forums!

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

That's good to hear, welcome back Mandulis. :)

Dymfer
Forumer

Post by Dymfer »

scripter64 wrote:Welcome back, Mandulis! Thank you for the update :)
Hi Dymfer, welcome to the forums!
Hi, been registered for a long time, unfortunately I don't have much free time to deep into de AI scripting world but from time to time I like to take a look at "recent developments" :)

Mandulis
Forumer

Post by Mandulis »

Im currently restructuring the code and sorting out bugs. But ill upload a clean version soon. When the basic stuff is sorted out the fun part comes: writing strategies. Since you dont have much time, ill try to make the code as easily readable as possible. :)