Boss_3.2.1 an infantry Ai.

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
AntonSynytsia
Forumer

Re: Dinergate 1.02, an infantry Ai.

Post by AntonSynytsia »

GG, good AI! B)

I'm interested in the way you modified gamedata_x1.drs file. When I modified the original using notepad++, I had to maintain the same file size, in-order to keep it working with preset size, but when I seen yours, I was impressed with its larger size. Is there an editor that actually modifies the preset size of file, so that i could add more content to it?

Thanks

lws735
Forumer

Post by lws735 »

Thanks AntonSynytsia. that .drs file is that i just used a hacktool named AOCHACK. You can open that file with notebook. In that file more content than my AI. and these content is added in automaticly.

AntonSynytsia
Forumer

Post by AntonSynytsia »

A hacktool? Ok :lol: , though I just found a super good editor, the Turtle Pack!
The AoFE gamedata_x1.drs was probably modified using this Turtle Pack, since it removes all trailing nils, and makes it look better at some places. Its so good that I'm sticking with that editor :dance

lws735
Forumer

Re: BOSS 1.00, an infantry Ai.

Post by lws735 »

_II2N_, how are you!
Now i have adjust loop-attak ,and i add some TSA-attack in my boss 1.00.and it run well.
About defconst and goal , I didn't add in,because it is hard to read for a beginner to study my Ai, :P .

UserPatch i test it ,and i didn't like it ,it is a little unfair for a defend Ai.
I test Barbarian ,barbarian train much soldiers ASAP he reach to feudal-age. And attack my ai(at this time my ai havenot train much soldier ,so my villager hide in town-center), it is too abnormal , as soon as my town-center shoot arrow to barbarrian's soldier, these soldier get out of the way at once,it is impossible in 1.0 or 1.0C.Thus i think UP destroy the game's Design intention.

Above is my opinion.maybe isn't better.

Good job!

LightTree
Waheguru

Re: BOSS 1.04, an infantry Ai.

Post by LightTree »

:o.

Campeador
Waheguru

Re: BOSS 1.04, an infantry Ai.

Post by Campeador »

Hi lws735:

I like your AIs, but I disagree that UP "destroy the game's Design intention". I think that the game designers had liked to allow AIs with behaviors more similar to human style and with stronger performances, but they considered that there should be so many AI scripters and people should be complained with the Standard AI and others with similar performances.

For example, early attacks are the way to go in Arabia 1v1, but AIs have always had severe problems for it because attack-now and attack-groups mainly send man at arms to enemy's town center like if they were dummies, and TSA (a tool invented by the AI scripting community, and not initially considered by game designers) works a bit better in flush, but also has limitations.

So IMHO, AI scripters have two different ways to work. Design our AIs for 1.c patch (or 1.0), to allow them to work to people who doesn't know even the existence of the UP. Or design our AIs for UP/FE for people who knows and play them. Every aproach requires different codes. For example, my Crusade AI is optimized for 1.c but with a few additions to make it acceptable with UP. Although Cruzada, my next AI (I haven't started it yet :( ) will be designed for UP 1.3 and FE, and it won't work for 1.c, because it's too hard optimize a too big AI to UP and keep it compatible for 1.c. :head

P.D: I'm glad to have you here. Boss and Kung Fu are great AIs, and I was very surprised to discover so strong AIs despite to don't to be helped by a whole AI community like this. It's a true self-learning. B)

lws735
Forumer

Re: BOSS 1.05, an infantry Ai.

Post by lws735 »

Thanks Campeador.
Maybe I will adjust my Ai for UP,which is a hard work. :P .
I test your Ai Crusade,and i learn much more from it. It is very good of attack enemy with watch-tower in early Feudal-age. And my Ai is hard to resist it.

thanks your reply again.

LightTree
Waheguru

Re: BOSS 1.06, an infantry Ai.

Post by LightTree »

UP is the way to go :). Obviously it takes time to learn the new commands, but the difference in AIs performance is totally worth the effort :).

_II2N_
Guru

Re: BOSS 1.06, an infantry Ai.

Post by _II2N_ »

The thing about the UserPatch is that is allows AIs play much more human-like than with 1.0c. Heavily luck-based attacks that suicide themselves to the town center shouldn't happen, or atleast the AI scripter should have tools to prevent that from happening.

FC-ish means Fast Castle-ish = trying to reach castle age fast without much army.

lws735
Forumer

Re: BOSS 1.26, an infantry Ai.

Post by lws735 »

Thanks Lighttree and _II2N_, Now I could not find how i can add those UP1.3 rules to my Ai ,and even I have not find idea to let my villager to hunt boar. :head