Nightmare AI v0.9

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Archon
Waheguru

Re: Nightmare AI v0.3

Post by Archon »

Played two games:

1.) In game one Horde picked a booming strategy, while Nightmare decided to focus on countering Horde's xbows with skirmishers, despite it's strategy said it would go for camels and xbows. This is not a problem as such, but the combination of training skirmishers while presumably using huge food escrows allowed Nightmare to reach imperial age in 33:30 at the cost of villager count. Despite not being attacked for about 35 minutes, it only reached a villager maximum of 45.

2.) It's fast castle age is slow for UP, in the tests it lacked wood to immediately drop the required feudal age buildings. In game two it wasn't able to deal with Horde's rush and the game was pretty much over in early castle age.

Some minor issues: It didn't take elite skirmisher upgrade despite training a lot of skirmishers. If it has a castle, it should prefer training cats over knights, especially if the enemy has a lot of infantry.

Alevo1
Guru

Re: Nightmare AI v0.3

Post by Alevo1 »

Archon wrote:Played two games:

1.) In game one Horde picked a booming strategy, while Nightmare decided to focus on countering Horde's xbows with skirmishers, despite it's strategy said it would go for camels and xbows. This is not a problem as such, but the combination of training skirmishers while presumably using huge food escrows allowed Nightmare to reach imperial age in 33:30 at the cost of villager count. Despite not being attacked for about 35 minutes, it only reached a villager maximum of 45.

2.) It's fast castle age is slow for UP, in the tests it lacked wood to immediately drop the required feudal age buildings. In game two it wasn't able to deal with Horde's rush and the game was pretty much over in early castle age.

Some minor issues: It didn't take elite skirmisher upgrade despite training a lot of skirmishers. If it has a castle, it should prefer training cats over knights, especially if the enemy has a lot of infantry.
The first one was a bug that I've now found and fixed.
I'm still tinkering with values for the fast castling and stuff. Hopefully I can get a good balance soon.
It would've taken the upgrade had it not had such weak economy I think, and thanks for the thing with knights! I'll see that it happens :)

PS. It only escrows wood and not even the version uploaded does that. That imperial time is very strange...

Alevo1
Guru

Re: Nightmare AI v0.4

Post by Alevo1 »

New version uploaded!

Find it in the original post :)

samoer
Swami

Post by samoer »

Thanks!!!

Alevo1
Guru

Post by Alevo1 »

I'm planning on releasing a new version soon in which Nightmare can steal boar, this is still being optimised along with the AI itself for now.
I'm planning on adding team game stuff soon too

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

Nice :devil

Finaldeath
Guru

Post by Finaldeath »

So evil!
Finaldeath

Writing a set of tutorials - My own AI is super secret development!

Alevo1
Guru

Re: Nightmare AI v0.5

Post by Alevo1 »

New version uploaded, mostly fixes/improvements!
Test away please :D

Team game capabilities next update!

Alevo1
Guru

Re: Nightmare AI v0.7

Post by Alevo1 »

New version uploaded!
Many improvements including a much better attacking system than the groups used before, and an ability to play team games (though not very well in most cases).

Alevo1
Guru

Re: Nightmare AI v0.8

Post by Alevo1 »

Updated, bug fixes mainly