Vetrix AI

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
KiiNgZoNe
Forumer

Re: Vetrix AI

Post by KiiNgZoNe »

UPDATE:

Fixes:

- Retreats, however, siege weapons still move erratically. (This should've been fixed a long time ago, I guess)
- Resource control holes and errors that makes it fail to prioritize eco and upgrades more.
- Civ-related unit priorities, (e.g. Mayan EW and Plume balance)
- Threat rules that enable Vetrix to properly train counter units.

Few fixes, yes, but these made its performance slightly, yet significantly better than the older versions. It's also about time that Vetrix's units had less epileptic seizures when facing a tower, castle, or a Town Center :rofl

Recurring failures:

- Erratic movement of siege weapons on DUC, making especially Trebuchets almost unable to fire on buildings. It unpacks, then quickly packs back...sometimes it fires before it packs.

- Vetrix still sometimes fail to research ri-eagle-warrior even though the rule has been placed.
- Vetrix sometimes chooses NOT to research unique-unit-upgrades even with enough resources. This happens mostly with Turks and Vikings. :head :rofl
- Vetrix still fails to click imp at the early 30min mark, of course :lol:

LightTree
Waheguru

Post by LightTree »

Thx for the update :).

Edit: vetrix still doesn't research pavise for italian :o.

KiiNgZoNe
Forumer

Post by KiiNgZoNe »

New update!

Additions and fixes:

1. Quick additions for DE
2. Added researches that should've been included (I realized I overwrote some fixes including THAT DAMN PAVISE during the 2.2 upload)
3. Better eco management (should've been fixed during the last update, but part of it was overwritten by mistake)
4. Small fix to the retreat rules, but somehow still have problems on DE.

Issues:

1. Playing with this AI on DE has some strange behavior that doesn't happen on UP/WK, like upgrading important researches too late, when the only escrow rules are like 2 of them and are far apart when applying them.

2. Scouting sometimes go weird on DE. At one point, it will send its scout to one corner of the map and will stay there for a period of time.

Happy to receive additional input on while I still work on my new AI :head :head :head

EDIT:

Reuploaded a new one. Certain civ-based fixes have been overwritten, again :head :rofl

LightTree
Waheguru

Post by LightTree »

Thx KiiNg :).

PAVISE :devil :lol:.

KiiNgZoNe
Forumer

Post by KiiNgZoNe »

UPDATE:

Increased Vetrix's aggressiveness a bit by changing more of its economic controls and other rules:

- Better time to make army in the Feudal Age (SKIRM META)
- Vetrix will now, again, opt to build Siege Workshop instead of university (usually with krush) to try to be more on the offensive. This will let it capitalize properly when it has the military advantage, but also delay its up time to Imperial Age, yet again.. :head

- Still struggles to get more economy up, making it fail to get important upgrades in Imperial Age unless the population is maxed out, or when it sees it has enough military advantage to hold off making units in the meantime (e.g. Elite Battle Elephant upgrade, some elite unique unit upgrades, etc.)

- Changed unit composition with Turks, which was downright horrible :lol: :lol: :lol:

- Modified retreat code, which was messing up Vetrix's attack rules. This allows the more conservative Vetrix pocket to be a bit more proactive in dealing damage.

KiiNgZoNe
Forumer

Post by KiiNgZoNe »

Updated Vetrix with the version that was used in the King of Arabia 2 tournament.

This is the final version of Vetrix. Mainly used for DE, haven't tested if this will be fine with WK.

Updates include:

- Improved Feudal Age management. Will, at times, go skirm meta, instead of archers.
- Fixed DUC attack and retreat rules, and is now back to primarily using DUC attack instead of TSA due to some rule failures in the early versions.
- Slightly improved economic resource control by fixing some rules that prevented Vetrix from identifying whether or not to make more army, or save resources to research important techs (primarily age techs).

- Fixed boar luring rules for DE, thanks to TheNightPanda and Esty.

- Though Vetrix is probably the easiest "modern" AI to study without being an official tutorial AI due to its structure being a bit old with only some few tweaks to adjust to the times, and of course, mediocre scripting, I included some comments to allow Vetrix to be easily studied by beginner scripters. Will include more in the future if needed, and requested, of course!

No more updates will be made, unless we (I, or other scripters) find some critical bugs that may hinder its gameplay and expected performance, as I'm already working on a new AI.

Enjoy!

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

Cool, thanks for the update! Can't wait for a new AI also! ;)
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

KiiNgZoNe
Forumer

Post by KiiNgZoNe »

EMERGENCY UPDATE:

- Fixed a critical bug where Vetrix would stop making villagers altogether after it has seen a boar.

VetrixDE Final has now been reuploaded with the fix. Few hours in after posting the final version, :head :head :head :head happens. :rofl

Sorry about that!

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

Yay! Downloaded! Loving all these updates.
A.K.A. TOAO_Philosopher (formely TOAO_ReLeNtLeSsS, TOAO_Leo, TOAO_Ayubu_, TOAO_FSpirit, _TOAO_HussY_ and TOAO__HussaR_ (even before that, Deadly_Hussar— and DEADLY POISON on AOKH back when I was REALLY young)).

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

I made a very small fix to VetrixDE Final for the Davis cup 6. It was a bug related to the units freezing after having retreated from enemie's TC.

The version fixed is actually inside of the Daviscup6_AIspack. ;)
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance