Vetrix AI

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
scripter64
Waheguru

Re: Vetrix AI

Post by scripter64 »

Thanks, Kiing! :)

KiiNgZoNe
Forumer

Post by KiiNgZoNe »

Hello. I'm back again, here. Now, out of frustration, I really want to fix this AI when it comes to Nomad/LN. I'm already in the process of making a new AI, and it would be nice if I learn as well how to make the AI play Nomad properly.

Since I don't think #load-if-defined would work, I made the parameters in determining a Nomad map into a goal system. The only thing lacking now for Vetrix is to get its villagers to explore even a bit. I'm not really good with DUC when it comes to object-to-point (which I think I never will be), heck I can't even make a proper DUC on scouting enemies 11 (which I think I never will be, too), so at least making them explore a little for resources would help, I don't really care how. Any suggestions? :head :head :head

Refer to the new file: VetrixN. It will be merged to Vetrix Final once fixed. Thank you!

Armelon
Swami

Post by Armelon »

Hey!

Good to hear ur working on a new AI :D

I've recently also been working alot on Nomad and Land nomad, without DUC scouting or something. Honestly it doesnt really seem to matter how "good" you wrote your AI to deal with the situation. i've even seen Babarian several times be 10+ vills behind on normal nomad. LN is mostly for all AI's alot more even.
What i mean to say is, don't over script for these map types. luck is a too big factor for the start and after that a well scripted Rm feudal / castle-age will be more deceicive.

Okey so for scouting, right at the start i put scouting groups up to 7, (although 1 vill never scouts *.*) ANd let them explore for 30 seconds. then drop the first Lumber-camp or Town-center on a forest of 8+ trees. This seems to be enough to never bugg out (thus far... :D)
Now i myself had the idea that i could possibly find idle villagers and just sent them towards the map center or something, any kind of walking way is better then none i suppose. But since Maiar does not bugg out with just 2 vills exploring i did not care enough to write it.

Later scouting, does not really require DUC either. just activate a scout, and the SN to not scout already scouted area. If you don't want it to go randomly across the map, reset the scout and reactiavte it again a bit later so they try and get a new unscouted path from home.
I suppose here that you could find a way to adapt the sheep scouting thing to work for villager, but that just seems alot of trouble for something that barely matters :)

KiiNgZoNe
Forumer

Post by KiiNgZoNe »

UPDATE:

Added a quick set of lines for WololoKingdoms. I do not intend to update/upgrade Vetrix anymore, but should there ever be bugs and errors particularly in WK, I would be glad to fix them. :D

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

Thanks King! :)

LightTree
Waheguru

Post by LightTree »

Thx for the update :).

KiiNgZoNe
Forumer

Post by KiiNgZoNe »

UPDATE: Added important fixes for Vetrix to train important WK units, and an experimental update to fix its economic balance and research more upgrades efficiently, as Vetrix forever had this trouble. :lol:

KiiNgZoNe
Forumer

Post by KiiNgZoNe »

UPDATE: Added more important fixes:

- Counters:
Fixed threat rules. This should've been dealt with a long time ago. :head

- Economic and Researching Fixes:
Includes some reversions like farm rules and buildings, which leads back to Vetrix's problem of transitioning from Castle Age to Imperial Age, which will be fixed at a later date. :head

KiiNgZoNe
Forumer

Post by KiiNgZoNe »

Added fixes for:

1. Apparently Vetrix is unable to train ri-eagle-warrior, for some weird reason, but hopefully this next update will do the trick. :head

2. THE DAMN RESOURCE CONTROL. :head :head :head

- Still finding a hard time putting an efficient economy. It may still train units as a pocket far too late because I'm trying to give more importance to researches and economic growth, making Vetrix more of a bad attempt of a late-game AI.

3. Civ-based strategy arrangements (not blindly going for knights as much as before, and will also try to commit to make a better army composition should the economy present a good opportunity)

LightTree
Waheguru

Post by LightTree »

Thx for the fixes :).