Magna Carta 0.1 [UP only]

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Finaldeath
Guru

Magna Carta 0.1 [UP only]

Post by Finaldeath »

Magna Carta

Author: Finaldeath aka Andrew Armstrong
Version: 0.1-pre-alpha-not-tested-do-not-use-really-please
Download:
Magna Carta 0.1.7z
Magna Carta v0.1
(156.63 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
From the year 1215, a constitutional document proclaiming the limitations and rules for the king at the time, King John.

Just like the Feudal Barons of olde who set this upon their king, so am I setting the rules onto my AI and deciding what it can do. Just like the Barons if my AI doesn't perform well it will be upsurped (re-written) to be better ;)
This is a massive WIP, otherwise known as "Stalled to all hell and back, since almost all of it will be rewritten before I am happy with it". Time has alas caught up with me and kept me too busy in the last 4 months to do much more than playtest a few things.

The AI will currently do a really bad job of building up to the Imperial Age with some terrible economic and building choices, while building a tiny defensive force and having about as much intelligence as a brick wall when it comes to attacking (Hint: It waits until it has a huge number of units in Imperial since it poorly does research). The unit selections are pre-set messes that are mainly for "something to do", the AI files are full of uncommented code or lots of debug statements (tough, I am not removing them yet) and the AI will not do several game types yet. Don't even think about water for instance.

The only bits I have vaguely finished are hunting, farming code, better camp placements, repair code, cleaning up things, basic market code and population stuff. A very short list!

Best bet? Don't use this at all, it's an overcomplicated mess of test code at the moment, it is mainly here for the tournament deadline, and I might release new versions if I can get the time to invest in properly redoing some parts from scratch again.

Features I want to include that are vaguely fun to list:
  • Text-taunting personalities, with their own sets of in-game taunts based on ongoing in-game actions (using most of the available in game live data)
  • Varied strategies, perhaps including some silly or unique ones if the game is not a tournament or very serious one (perhaps Hardest will be Serious Business Mode).
  • Poke raiding of enemy towns using limited unit types (eg; scout cavalry)
  • Flank attacks if maps accommodate it
  • Full forward/secondary/military bases
  • Maximum per-map-type strategy tuning, in easy-to-change files to add more map types as needed
  • Better walling (I can't even remember if I can build walls or gates using up-build tbh!) or at least in Arena and such maps, getting rid of their wall if it causes an issue.
  • Better around-base scouting for forward bases. Patrol groups perhaps.
  • Fuller map awareness, possibly including building walls of houses or other things similar to humans.
  • Easy human commands to direct the AI
  • AI cooperation as much as possible between itself and other AI's
Finaldeath

Writing a set of tutorials - My own AI is super secret development!

scripter64
Waheguru

Re: Magna Carta 0.1 [UP only]

Post by scripter64 »

Thank you!

cakemaphoneige
Guru

Post by cakemaphoneige »

Good to see your ai finally uploaded :)

fenris_w0lf
Guru

Post by fenris_w0lf »

Thanks for your work FD! :)

Finaldeath
Guru

Post by Finaldeath »

Remember it's totally rubbish! It wont win! I seriously am just testing too many parts at once :rofl

I'll update it in due course, I have some time off at Xmas and might spend a few days getting some more of it ironed out! :D
Finaldeath

UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Post by UnfairestEel »

I thought I was playing vs Peterson -.-
After restarting I concluded you made a fool of me lol

At least put chat at the start so that we know it's not peterson :P

Oh and btw in a ffa I did, it gave an error message, it was about some blacksmith like castle-age-blacksmith-thingymawatsa, I forgot the error message so maybe you should test it in a ffa to see the message for yourself? I know ffas are probably the last thing on your mind but just letting you know. :)
Knowledge is Time.
This simple fact can be derived from these beliefs:
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Therefore, Knowledge is Time.
Q.E.D.

Finaldeath
Guru

Post by Finaldeath »

I'm only testing it 1v1, there will be undeclared constants for other game modes I'm afraid!
Finaldeath

UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Post by UnfairestEel »

Finaldeath you need to at least tell us what civ it plays or make it work with all civs.

Fenris got the same error I got with that ffa, but he was playing tournament settings.

I know what the problem with it is:
Some of your constants look like this:

Code: Select all

(defconst const-max-blacksmith-upgrade-melee-attack ri-blast-furnace)	; ri-blast-furnace, ri-icon-casting, ri-forging
(defconst const-max-blacksmith-upgrade-infantry-armor ri-plate-mail)	; ri-plate-mail, ri-chain-mail, ri-scale-mail
(defconst const-max-blacksmith-upgrade-cavalry-armor ri-plate-barding)	; ri-plate-barding, ri-chain-barding, ri-scale-barding
(defconst const-max-blacksmith-upgrade-archer-atack ri-bracer)		; ri-bracer, ri-bodkin-arrow, ri-fletching
(defconst const-max-blacksmith-upgrade-archer-armor ri-ring-archer-armor) ; ri-ring-archer-armor, ri-leather-archer-armor, ri-padded-archer-armor
and others look like this:

Code: Select all

(defconst c-max-blacksmith-upgrade-1 ri-blast-furnace)	; ri-blast-furnace, ri-iron-casting, ri-forging
(defconst c-max-blacksmith-upgrade-2 ri-chain-mail)	; ri-plate-mail, ri-chain-mail, ri-scale-mail
(defconst c-max-blacksmith-upgrade-3 ri-chain-barding)	; ri-plate-barding, ri-chain-barding, ri-scale-barding
(defconst c-max-blacksmith-upgrade-4 ri-bodkin-arrow)	; ri-bracer, ri-bodkin-arrow, ri-fletching
(defconst c-max-blacksmith-upgrade-5 ri-ring-archer-armor) ; ri-ring-archer-armor, ri-leather-archer-armor, ri-padded-archer-armor
So somewhere along the line you changed it and it gives errors.

Ok I'm going to try a quick fix and I'll tell you if it works.

BUT for future reference you MUST either tell us what civ it plays OR make it playable for every civ
Knowledge is Time.
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Q.E.D.

UnfairestEel
Waheguru

Post by UnfairestEel »

Ok I've gone in there and fixed the problem. You replace your current civilisations file with this one and it will play all civs just as they were meant to be played (meaning this will do it's own constants for each civ not just one set for all.

But seriously, you should have tested a new civ each time you add one. I don't recommend going straight for random civ without putting time and effort into each individual civ. if you had this would not have been a problem so close to the tournament. (maybe hypocritical since Juggernaut can play all civs and I haven't tested all, but juggernauts tourney civ is huns and I made that clear from the start)
Attachments
Civilisations.zip
(2.51 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
Knowledge is Time.
Time is Money.
Money is Power.
Knowledge is Power.
Q.E.D.

Finaldeath
Guru

Post by Finaldeath »

Sorry, thought I had fixed those constants months ago, must have missed a few.

Basically this was a rush for me since the deadline was posted with 3 days to go and I was away from a computer with AOE for 2.5 days of that time! I had literally no time to make sure at least it played each one.

The rest should work, it's all pretty generic.
Finaldeath