TRiBaL_Warriors

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Felipe_EL_Guapo
Yogi

Re: TRiBaL_Warriors (new AI)

Post by Felipe_EL_Guapo »

It can be pretty hard for an AI to detect what and when to repair, some will in fact repair town centers and castles (and wonders) though (as far as I know). It's more along the lines of one of those things you don't really think to do![/quote]

haha thanks for your answer. I never thought that repairing a castle would be more difficult than repairing a ram. It would be really sad to see AIs repairing camps xD . Now I can understand a little bit more how much you have worked for making AIs perform as they do today!

Alevo1
Guru

Post by Alevo1 »

Rams are repaired by default, that's why you see that often!

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

Unlike units like rams, the AI auto-repair system will not act on a building that has been under attack within the previous 30 seconds. ES probably did this to avoid unsafe villager retasking, but it means that a castle under constant attack will not be auto-repaired without DUC, although the villager auto-garrison may interfere with that, too :lol:

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Thank you Felipe_El_Guapo for this feedback. I got some more homeworks now :P

Already wrote this small code to retask villagers on sheeps after having gone on berries/deers at start... Dark age improvement start with small details :D

Code: Select all

(defrule
	(game-time < 120)
	(unit-type-count sheep > 0)
	(or 	(unit-type-count male-forager > 0)
		(or	(unit-type-count female-forager > 0)
			(or	(unit-type-count male-hunter > 0)
				(unit-type-count female-hunter > 0))))	
=>
	(up-retask-gatherers food c: sheep))
Got a code almost "ok" to delay the deer luring the time requiered to find at least the 2 boars ; Not perfect, I keep working on it...
Concerning the scout-rush affecting my skirmishers strategy, I got a retreat code supposed to retreat my skirmisher in safe town ; I'l make it train pikes if it detect scout-cavalry-line like it already does when it detect knights...

I'll try to update it tmrw !
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

LightTree
Waheguru

Post by LightTree »

Yes, a good resign rule is always appreciated by most :lol:.

Nice to see you're working on Dark Age, it can be a bit messy indeed sometimes and it's the most critical stage :).

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Version V3-3

- new resign rules
- Villagers gathering berries while first sheeps are found are forced to gb TC as shepherds
- Luring deers by scout is 1 minute delayed, till the 2 boars are found, for a better exploration
- Loom research is activated for krushers not having already researched it before researching castle age
- some escrow rules have been modified to prevent some buggs
- Pockets archer crushers have retreat rules bugs fixed
- Flank flushers will now make spears if scout-cavalry-line from target player is detected.

Problems in need to be fixed :
-my AI is still optimized for teamgames tribal vs. When teaming other AIs, it sometimes has strange behaviours ; for exemple, if "222" detected, it will come and help without regarding where is the ally asking help. If allies are all tribal, the AI asking for help will only ask to his closest ally ; that way, the tribal ally in the opposite of the map wont detect the taunt.
- i need a better dark age build-order to optimize the resources gathering : my villagers walk too much and waste time/resources. It will be my priority right now.
Thanks all for ur comments, advices, feedbacks ! i really need it :)
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Version 3.4 Uploaded

- Exploration rewritten, it eventualy can find his closest opponent :P
- Build orders rewritten
- Help system improved (sometimes it bugs, sometimes not <_< , i need to keep working)
- New strategy for flanks : Pure drush FC
- many few details fixed

Now i know why :head is the most popular smilie here ! Each time u think having improved something or fixed a bug, one new bug appear... What the :devil is scripting

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

estyty wrote:Now i know why :head is the most popular smilie here ! Each time u think having improved something or fixed a bug, one new bug appear... What the :devil is scripting
This is so true lol, thanks for the update! :)

LightTree
Waheguru

Post by LightTree »

Thx :). I think it needs to be careful with the drush->FC, AIs lack the usual vital walling, after the already delicate drush for them. Drush->flush might be safer, looking fwd to see though.

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Hey
U true lightree ! My drush-FC makes my flanks weaker than with my full skirmishers strategy. Anyway i just wanted to integer a pure drush FC kts to make it more versatile. If supported by a good pocket krusher, it survives... This drush fc will be chosen very ocasionaly and only 5 civs wanna pick it with a "10% chance" to be selected. ;)

In this new update V3.5 i have rewritten finaly a large part of my help rules : more clear and more simple than before. It looks to work better with less bugs :rolleyes: My pockets might focus again and again on closest enemy, attacking in union with his flank ally (hope so).
More retreat rule : My ranged units will play more safetly when a mangonel is detected ! it prevents from piles of cadavers here and there :lol: