Yggdrasil The TRUSHER and SLINGER AI

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Esty
Waheguru

Re: Yggdrasil The TRUSHER and SLINGER AI (compatible WK)

Post by Esty »

Aynshtaynn wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:38 am
May I ask what the updates are?

I like Yggdrasil a lot because it's unique. There is no AI that does any sling strategy besides Yggdrasil (Barbie doesn't count because she only slings human player). But it struggles a lot doing so and end up asking more resources than it gave away, negating any advantage of the strategy in the long run.
Also Yggdrasil usually forgets to build mining camps or lumber camps when it mines outside the base closer to the enemy, and won't rebuild them if it does build and they get destroyed, therefore end up going through whole map carrying resources.

Also also, I don't think I have a good game knowledge but I have an idea. Wouldn't it be better and more efficient if Yggdrasil tried to go into Castle age earlier if it feels secure (walled map or pocket if slinging stranger?), and build one or two more TCs to produce villagers faster while also getting Castle age upgrades?
Yggdrasil looks kinda broken on DE compared to what it does in UP. I can give a try to improve yggdrasil the way you suggest, at least with the camps requiering to be built/rebuilt. Maybe it can give me some motivation to look forward about what i could improve next.
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

Aynshtaynn
Forumer

Post by Aynshtaynn »

Esty wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:28 am

Yggdrasil looks kinda broken on DE compared to what it does in UP. I can give a try to improve yggdrasil the way you suggest, at least with the camps requiering to be built/rebuilt. Maybe it can give me some motivation to look forward about what i could improve next.
Yeah, I play on UP anyway so it's not about it. I don't even have Wololokingdoms, I have to settle with Forgotten Empires.

Well, at least I'll be looking forward to the updates of Yggdrasil, for the unusual testing strategies that I employ. I like to team it up with other AIs (mostly the best ones like Barbie and especially Immortal lately) and push their limits to The Max (hehe :lol: ) against outnumbering teams (3v4 or 3v5). Works like a charm.

Can I force Yggdrasil to sling in a 2 player team (2v2+)? It would be great if that's possible.

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

Aynshtaynn wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:07 pm
push their limits to The Max
lol
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Yggdrasil Updated !

- fixed issues with camps in castle-imperial-age : they might be built regularly when needed.
- Villagers in danger will now garrison inside of the defensive towers while slinging
- Yggdrasil as slinger will keep asking for resources, when an ally is in imperial, but a bit less : gold asked only when yggdrasil does have at least some food, while there was no restriction before.

I prefer Yggdrasil to focus on the sling from the very early game, in an extreme way, that's why it keeps staying feudal age for long. I don't see the point to force the slinger to go castle/imp instead of just slinging ;)
Thx for your feedback, it gave me some unexpected motivations to update this AI ;)
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

Aynshtaynn
Forumer

Post by Aynshtaynn »

Esty wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:15 pm
Yggdrasil Updated !
Yes! Multiple updates in a short time period, lovely!
Esty wrote:
I prefer Yggdrasil to focus on the sling from the very early game, in an extreme way, that's why it keeps staying feudal age for long. I don't see the point to force the slinger to go castle/imp instead of just slinging ;)
Yeah, I like it, and I think that kind of is the point for a sling. My argument was that having a strong economy could result in a stronger sling, which is why going Castle could lead to a better performance in a secure position such as a walled map. Though that's merely a theory.
Esty wrote:
Thx for your feedback, it gave me some unexpected motivations to update this AI ;)
You're very welcome, I wish I've done that sooner because I'm doing what I'm doing with Yggdrasil for ages now. Even better now that I know feedbacks are motivating you, I don't mean to stop anytime soon. ;)

There are lots of potential for improvement. Early game economy could be revisited. Yggdrasil tends to do old fashioned things like killing multiple sheep far away from TC, or using one villager to kill deer, causing it to run farther away. Maybe in the future, Yggdrasil [and every other AI of yours, naturally (except Tutomaster I guess :D )] could hunt boars with TC fire. Immortal does it, so it's possible.
Step by step into perfection, am I right? :lol:

Esty
Waheguru

Re: Yggdrasil The TRUSHER and SLINGER AI

Post by Esty »

Yggdrasil has a small update (Yggdrasil 2023) for DE
For people desiring to play on UP/WK, the old version remains there.

Esty
Waheguru

Re: Yggdrasil The TRUSHER and SLINGER AI

Post by Esty »

Small update for Yggdrasil.
Couldn't resist to fix bugs while testing ElephantMan against it.
The new version is called : 2023 Yggdrasil DE !