Greatest AI's?

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Rocky82
Forumer

Re: Greatest AI's?

Post by Rocky82 »

Aleph I hear you I like giant maps because of the extra resources to play a long game. It's interesting though, I'm finding out how different AI's behave under different size maps. A great AI in my mind who is great under a giant map gets killed early on a tiny map. So just playing around with the map sizes and the different AI'S have been a learning experience. I've been having fun lately with the Monk AI's talked about here. I typed 120 to Illuminati and bang they turned into a monk monster house. Good stuff!

I wanna give props to whoever first wrote the code of luring deer close to the towncenter. It's entertaining to watch.

I do have a question though. Does anyone know why when a single peon gets killed when building a castle (or whatever) that SOMETIMES the half built castle gets destroyed wasting resources and other times the single peon gets killed but the construction stays there to finish its build. Thus saving resources.. What is up with that? Why do some constructions get destroyed when the peon building it dies and some construction doesn't?

Archon
Waheguru

Post by Archon »

The Horde will mush if you chat 230 in the early game, if it has a monk civ.

Horde doesn't do any strategy changes for much larger or smaller maps than the recommended player setting.

With UP there is a SN to control at which percentages a building gets killed and also a command to assign more than one builder. Pre UP and also the default UP setting is to take only one builder and cancel the building whenever the builder becomes wounded. But even with UP it's still hard to evaluate if it's worth to cancel the building or risk losing lots of villagers.

Rocky82
Forumer

Post by Rocky82 »

Oh! cool. That makes sense now. Thank you. Yeah I'll try that with the Horde.. Will try typing in 230 with them with Aztecs for some monk fun! Awesome AI too!

Thanks for that explanation Archon!!