Greatest AI's?

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Rocky82
Forumer

Greatest AI's?

Post by Rocky82 »

I haven't visited this site for awhile and you scripters are sill at it :) .. That's admirable. I'm still testing AI''s all the time against each other and whenever I check back you guys are still working at it. (hats off)

My fav AI's are Barb, Promi, Juggernaut - with his Huns - amazing, and The Horde.
Oh and Daedric's a beast too!

But my top 3 loved AI's for me would be Barb, Promi, Juggernaut... So do you have any More types of AI's that are good like these, that I've missed?

I play Random maps, conquest, preferably giant, sometimes 1v1 sometimes teams

I play AOE2C UP1.4 (Not AOEHD)

Any suggestion to some great AI's I may have overlooked? Thanks you Patriots!!

#MAGA!! :)

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Re: Greatest AI's?

Post by Promiskuitiv »

Awesome to hear Rocky! :)

I'd suggest giving Illuminati, BruteForce and Tribal_Warriors a try. Those AIs are already formidable opponents and all of their AI scripters are also still active and improving their scripts regularly.

And while i'm at it, i'll update Promi again soon too! :)

Rocky82
Forumer

Post by Rocky82 »

Promi, you're wanna my fav scripters because of how much effort goes into your work.. Since your first version of Promi came about, your AI has exploded with skill which IMO is top 3 at least.. Keep up the great work because people like me LOVE to admire the spoils of your hard work :)

Rocky82
Forumer

Post by Rocky82 »

Since I have a lot of questions throughout the months, instead of creating all new threads, I'll just keep posting here.
And thanks again Promi. I tried Bruteforce (again) and they have vastly improved since I first downloaded them a long time ago. I never heard of Illuminati or Tribal_warriors and have been testing them methodically this past day. Very good AI's!

Any way I wanted to know which AI's are made specifically to attack with monks.. So far I have missionary monkey and another called Mininati. Those are the only 2 that I know of. lol there's this one AI called Miniman and its such a weird Ai, it literally attacks you with every villager in some early suicide attacks. They should rename that Ai to Jihad or something lol..

Anyway what other AI's that you know of that do the monk strategy as their main attack?

Aleph
Yogi

Post by Aleph »

Just taunt 120 to illuminati in 1v1 when it's playing a monk civ (aztecs, byzantines, japanese, saracens, spanish, teutons), it'll do a monks-only strat.
Mininati is my mini AI, its point being minimal amount of code rather than strength. It only works in 1v1, but I might update it soon.

Miniman is also a mini AI, but there's a 5-rule version of it which I believe is the lowest amount of rules in any RM AI. Mini AIs aren't to be taken seriously, they're just a fun challenge for scripters.

I think Barbarian and maybe other AIs have a taunt to force a monk strategy, too.

Molotok
Forumer

Post by Molotok »

It is rather a "Greatest AI*" as of now, Barbarian is still worlds ahead unfortunately. It defeated Promi which is probably the second best right now, in a private match of mine (on all 23 available standard random maps), 21-2 three weeks ago! :unsure: And against others it would be pretty much the same. Some drastic improvements are needed for the other AIs to somehow be competitive, that is the harsh reality. :(

ER
Waheguru

Post by ER »

Other monk AIs are Demon, Penitenciagite and Hibernia. Although they are pre-UP they are pretty strong.
Stephen Hawking held a party for time travelers.
He sent the invitation out the day after. Nobody attended.

Ah coffee. The sweet balm by which we shall accomplish today's tasks. ~ Holly Black

Rocky82
Forumer

Post by Rocky82 »

Thanks ER, I'll be sure to get those AI's.. I have trouble defeating those types of monk attacks.. I didn't know the 'mini's meant very little coding.. That's pretty cool.

Barbarian is amazing no doubt about it but Promi is right up there with him in my opinion and Juggernauts huns really do some damage early. I've seen Jug kill barb early with his huns before... All I really do is test people's AI's.

I didn't know you could type in a number and get a monk strategy, so thanks Aleph. I don't have nearly all the AI's I want but I am writing my own little wordpad doc. Stating what each AI I study does best under etc. I still love playing oldies like AI's that can only handle 125 pop.. I've noticed too that some AI's don't react well if it's a 1v1 on a giant map.. They need to have map size for how many players are on the map.. I also write that down too. I just love giant maps idk :p

Right now I've been playing around with the Mininati AI because their monk strategy kills the missionary monkeys strategy. And with little code? Awesome! And today I'm also playing around with the Tribal_Warriors and Illuminati Ai's..

Soon I'll play around with Demon, Penitenciagite, Hibernia.. I'm happy to see you guys still hard at work!!

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

I'm really happy to hear that about Promi Rocky!! :)

Molotok i agree with you, at the same time i also think that other AIs are slowly catching up though. So Barbarian should have more fierce competition in the future! :D

Also an other full monk AI is: Tlamacazqui by JDstankosky. :)

Aleph
Yogi

Post by Aleph »

To be honest Rocky82, there's hardly anyone crazy enough to even consider playing a 1v1 on a giant map. I don't think any AIs were made with that possibility in mind.

Monk AIs: there's also Zealot by UnfairestEel