Maiar v0.12a

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
the1unknown
Yogi

Re: Maiar v0.10

Post by the1unknown »

nice work Armelon
"you don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great" -the villager

Felipe_EL_Guapo
Yogi

Post by Felipe_EL_Guapo »

Hi Armelon,
I tested your mounters against Tribal (one game) and Barbarian (two games) in Ara huns war and it won the three games! I'm amazed. Very strong and aggressive. Intelligent starting as well. Kudos!

Here the games:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kpwb2ytir0pk ... r.rar?dl=0

Brainless
Forumer

Post by Brainless »

i am really surprised by this AI. It will not always show in AI vs AI games, but in AI vs human it is really a force. It puts pressure, keep pressure, does not leave you a moment of peace. That is new level of aggression. It already gave us some good challenges vs 4 Maiar or Maiar/ barbarian mixed. It is harder then playing vs 4 barbarians. It also does well on land nomad. I have one rec of it beating barbarian in 4v4.

See Barbarian being reduced to a sitting duck:
Maiar beats Barbarian 4v4 Nomad.rar
(2.06 MiB) Downloaded 335 times
Maiar: "I believe in Angels Crossbows"

The chats are creative, nice theme. Not sure if it will be understood by all.

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

Maiar chat is great :)

Armelon
Swami

Post by Armelon »

Glad u enjoy playing with Maiar. In the end it brings me personally most joy to know others are having fun with my creation :)

Hopefully in the next update i can give Maiar some more powerfull post-imperial play. (about 55+ min in a standard game)
Just having some problems testing this proper... :D

The chats or theme... does not really have to be understood. Even without knowledge about the subject i've seen players react to it anyways :D
I might add a small Lore file once im at version 1 though, for anyone who might be intrested. :)

el+noob
Swami

Post by el+noob »

It is very strong maiar, able to beat it in 1vs1 and tg to barbarian. In 1vs1 they are very balanced games, in tg always wins against barbarian, except when barb has godos or strong civi against arrows, I have seen that barbarian with godos taking complete huskarls in the imp, and a mary with vikings taking archers and obviously without to be able to do anything. I speak in the case of pockets

Brainless
Forumer

Post by Brainless »

i just saw Maiar make a farm wall. Is it another type of new Valar devilry?

LightTree
Waheguru

Post by LightTree »

Armelon wrote:Hopefully in the next update i can give Maiar some more powerfull post-imperial play.
Definitely looking fwd to this, was also a problem on Daedric. Good luck with it :devil :).

Brainless
Forumer

Post by Brainless »

LightTree wrote:
Armelon wrote:Hopefully in the next update i can give Maiar some more powerfull post-imperial play.
Definitely looking fwd to this, was also a problem on Daedric. Good luck with it :devil :).
not sure.. its the one reason we can still beat it. It forces us to change our play, it will do even more if it will be imperial terror.

i guess we will have to team wall, mass SO, scorpions, BBT and monks behind it and build a wonder...

LightTree
Waheguru

Post by LightTree »

Imperial terror sounds awesome :devil.