Maiar v0.12a

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Armelon
Swami

Re: Maiar v0.11

Post by Armelon »

Updated to version 0.11!

-Changed the way it requests resources. everything is seperate on 45 sec timer now. Should make human less annoyed & AI's like ully less buggy :D
-Now plays all pop limits. less as 150 pop limit is some weaker at the moment.
-Added 2 more early imp tactics
-Added 1 late-imp tactic

Some other small things here and there

@brainless Feel free to post some 250+ pop limit recs as i have done next to no testing for this. Theoretically it should be quite some stronger, atleast when its been pressured it should now deal with upgrades proper and no longer rely on beeing pop capped.

Brainless
Forumer

Post by Brainless »

Theoretically but also practically quite stronger!
Lost 2 times, first one we just were overrun on the flanks (me and 3 AI's).
Second game, with 3 human players+Barbarian218, we did well initially and even killed one of Maiar flanks. Still they came back in Imp and pushed us back and won 3v4.
3rd game i made defensive castle and Plumes. I had free kill at their flank, so we won. Is this a bug? Yet, they fought pretty good, considering it was almost 4v2.
SaveGame.rar
(4.56 MiB) Downloaded 302 times

Armelon
Swami

Post by Armelon »

Brainless wrote:Theoretically but also practically quite stronger!
Lost 2 times, first one we just were overrun on the flanks (me and 3 AI's).
Second game, with 3 human players+Barbarian218, we did well initially and even killed one of Maiar flanks. Still they came back in Imp and pushed us back and won 3v4.
3rd game i made defensive castle and Plumes. I had free kill at their flank, so we won. Is this a bug? Yet, they fought pretty good, considering it was almost 4v2.
Thanks for the recs :) In the third game. the castle initially didnt get detected proper because you where not the target player. so the flank kept suiciding its units in. Then you actually made a barracks closer then any of reds buildings & you became the closest player, with a castle. causing the pocket to no longer act agressive. The flank already had no army left.
Maiar does not have a proper ally helping code yet, usualy it prefairs to attack but castles stop that.

LightTree
Waheguru

Post by LightTree »

Thx for new :).

Armelon
Swami

Re: Maiar v0.11a

Post by Armelon »

Version 0.11a

Couple of mini fixes (hopefully)

Armelon
Swami

Re: Maiar v0.11b

Post by Armelon »

Version 0.11b fixing my fixes... :D

samoer
Swami

Post by samoer »

all are working for new ai of aoe2 de? no update now :unsure:
Maiar have many reasurces, but only made archers y Skirmishers, no paladins or rams....

LightTree
Waheguru

Post by LightTree »

This is, by far, the lowest point for AIs since UP started back in 2011. I don't feel like saying anything more really.

CheeseOnToast
Yogi

Post by CheeseOnToast »

I'm working on stuff here and there :)

Felipe_EL_Guapo
Yogi

Post by Felipe_EL_Guapo »

Hi Armelon.
Fun AI to play against cuz of its aggressiveness. It surprised me the first time. One weakness compared to other AIs is that is quite slow to go for relics and use of monks.