my maps

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
the1unknown
Yogi

my maps

Post by the1unknown »

I tried to make a different style of forest nothing.

Where you start with a TC, 3 vills, a king ( is not really important, just for scouting), an saboteur, an onager and a trebuchet.
GreenForest.rms.rar
v1
(656 Bytes) Downloaded 282 times

This is my first rm map and I wanted to add more (like relics, gold,stone, maybe a small pond in the middle) but I don't know how to do it.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I edited the classic green arabia, I added 4 houses and a sheep under the TC.

To have a faster game start and not lose time/resources with houses. Also I think you can do more drush
NewArabia.rms.rar
v1
(1.64 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
Last edited by the1unknown on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"you don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great" -the villager

scripter64
Waheguru

Re: my maps

Post by scripter64 »

Looks very forest-nothing :lol: For the relics and stuff, you may need to add some pockets of terrain in the middle of the sea of trees for them to appear. You can also "create_land" with "land_position 50 50" and "land_id NUMBER" to make a land in the center of the map and then use "place_on_specific_land_id NUMBER" in your "create_object" commands to place those objects on there.

the1unknown
Yogi

Post by the1unknown »

scripter64 wrote:Looks very forest-nothing :lol: For the relics and stuff, you may need to add some pockets of terrain in the middle of the sea of trees for them to appear. You can also "create_land" with "land_position 50 50" and "land_id NUMBER" to make a land in the center of the map and then use "place_on_specific_land_id NUMBER" in your "create_object" commands to place those objects on there.
Thanks, I will give it a try.

I played this map with 4 AI and 2 of them gave me a good game. The other 2 did not had much space for farms/houses
"you don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great" -the villager

the1unknown
Yogi

Post by the1unknown »

updated

scripter64
Waheguru

Post by scripter64 »

By the way, for new maps, it might be good to also post them at aoezone.net, so more players can see them :)