[Legacy] Valkyrie

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Electricity
Swami

Re: Valkyrie

Post by Electricity »

One day there will be a rework for Valkyrie, sooner than 2197.

LightTree
Waheguru

Post by LightTree »

Hurry up then :o :devil.

Electricity
Swami

Post by Electricity »

I have too many scripts, should have stuck with one 11

Electricity
Swami

Post by Electricity »

Ew What a mess I made with the Original Post 11
I will be rewriting this when I am back from traveling.
Will be cleaning up Valkyrie and rewriting a fresh version!

KiiNgZoNe
Forumer

Post by KiiNgZoNe »

Whenever a player successfully builds a tower, most of Valkyrie's villagers tend to make a beeline towards that tower straight away, and then after a while at some periods of time. This is very detrimental to the AI.

You should make a rule that has these, and set another if you still want villagers to attack a tower but ONLY within your AI's town-size or relatively near it. It's not usually recommended, though.

Code: Select all

(set-strategic-number sn-allow-civilian-offense 0)
(set-strategic-number sn-number-civilian-militia 0)

Electricity
Swami

Re: [Legacy] Valkyrie

Post by Electricity »

I am currently working on a rewrite of Valkyrie, it'll be posted in a new forum when I have a first version :)

LightTree
Waheguru

Post by LightTree »

:).

Brainless
Forumer

Post by Brainless »

i have been comparing Valkyrie to MiniValk 4v4.

a few things i noticed:
- Valkyrie dark age eco is quite messy while MiniValks look much tighter. Mostly walking distances/ hunt distances at Valkyrie are very far. (even trying to lure a boar from behind enemy town)
- MiniValk eco looks better, starts trade much earlier.
- Valkyrie invests much more in defensive towers and feudal/early castle army, while Minivalk invests in eco.
- Valkyrie engages in attack while MiniValk stays passive a very long time. Valkyrie is much more fun to watch.
- Once both sides are fighting, MiniValk looks stronger and start to dominate military. It is better organised.

I play it on any civ. Description says MiniValk only plays only Aztecs. I havent tried that yet but it does fairly well with other civs too. It is just the passive stance in feudal and castle that almost made me prefer Valkyrie. But in the end MiniValk does better, even without Aztecs.

What change is too be expected from both?

EDIT: i ran a 4v4 game of Minivalk (anyciv) vs Minivalk (AZTEC). Now i see, it is the monk thing? Interesting to see a trush by monks converting defensive towers, i have never seen that before. But Minivalk plays allright with other civs too i think.

This Towers + Monks + Trash strategy really has potential. If it were improved in the positioning of the monks + forward building then it will be so good. You would then only need some Rams for when there is a castle.

Electricity
Swami

Post by Electricity »

Added most recent version of Valkyrie. Still considered legacy.

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

Sweet, thanks Electricity! :)