fire

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Electricity
Swami

Re: fire

Post by Electricity »

MiniValk conversion.

the1unknown
Yogi

Post by the1unknown »

Promiskuitiv wrote:It could either be overwritten by something else later in the script or it could be attack-now moving the units instead.
Either way you could try (set-strategic-number sn-minimum-attack-group-size 1) (set-strategic-number sn-maximum-attack-group-size 1), since single unit groups usually behave a bit better than when they are moving with 2+.
Also try (set-strategic-number sn-enable-patrol-attack 1) once at the beginning of your script, that can help one man attack groups (or units attacking with TSA) to attack enemies along the way to their target. :)
ER wrote:number of attack groups 200
attack group size 1
can one of those settings make the ai monks not pick relics and focus on attacking ?

monks were running around all the map, but didn't pick any relic
"you don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great" -the villager

LightTree
Waheguru

Post by LightTree »

Thx for the recent work on fire :).

Promiskuitiv
Waheguru

Post by Promiskuitiv »

Oh yes that could be the number-attack-groups, i'm not sure if/how well (up-disband-group-type group-type-monk) could help against that but maybe it's something worth trying as long as there are still relics on the map.

Otherwise it would also be possible with Direct Unit Control commands.

the1unknown
Yogi

Post by the1unknown »

Promiskuitiv wrote:Oh yes that could be the number-attack-groups, i'm not sure if/how well (up-disband-group-type group-type-monk) could help against that but maybe it's something worth trying as long as there are still relics on the map.

Otherwise it would also be possible with Direct Unit Control commands.
i will take a look on group type monk,

but I don't know about DUC...

I could not find anything about that in the CPSB AOK
"you don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great" -the villager

Electricity
Swami

Post by Electricity »

When I get more knowledge of DUC and its intricacies, I will make a tutorial on AI Scripting that covers all this stuff.

the1unknown
Yogi

Post by the1unknown »

Electricity wrote:When I get more knowledge of DUC and its intricacies, I will make a tutorial on AI Scripting that covers all this stuff.
that would be great. more and more people will come to learn ai scripting then

LightTree
Waheguru

Post by LightTree »

yes, DUC is not in the good old ES guide, only in the good new UP reference, which covers the commands overall. About the new manual, hopefully one day someone can make one :devil.

ER
Waheguru

Post by ER »

2197 :devil :lol:
Stephen Hawking held a party for time travelers.
He sent the invitation out the day after. Nobody attended.

Ah coffee. The sweet balm by which we shall accomplish today's tasks. ~ Holly Black

Electricity
Swami

Post by Electricity »

Release a new one! MiniValk is waiting!