BRAINS AI collector set

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Brainless
Forumer

BRAINS AI collector set

Post by Brainless »

Blind Random AI Naming Selector (BRAINS)

DOWNLOAD ENTIRE THING : https://sanderclement.stackstorage.com/ ... rfc7UqdrGe

In essence what i did is this.
1. I have slightly edited the naming and chat rules of 20 AI's. This modified .per files are stored into a subfolder called BRAINS.
2. The original AI files remain untouched where they were. A few Resign rule file copies have ended in the AI subfolders and are marked by an underscore.
3. All naming rules in the modified files call to one single per file called AInames.per in the BRAINS folder. This way it is easy to change naming styles just by swapping or editing this one file.
4. In the main AI folder i have placed a set of random AI selectors that can be used in game to set a category of AI to play.

I have cut the install file in 2.
1st part is the original AI's, which most of us already have. You could install to be sure, it is the current version of those 20 AI's.
2nd part is the files that are unique to BRAINS. There should be no overlap between those 2. This means you can safely extract the contents of the BRAINS_Uniquefiles pack into your AI folder. If you want to be sure, make a backup of you AI folder. In the end this is still a test version.

The user can either choose to install the AI set complete, or without the PER files that have a clone in the BRAINS pack.

The effect is mainly in the game setup menu. If you install complete you can pick all AI's individually, or you can use the random selector. One downside of this is that your AI choicelist gets quite long. I have managed to hide all the clone files out of the menu by putting them in a subfolder and calling them in the Random Selector Script. This saves 20 more redundant names in the list.

By using the essentials installment, the original PER files are skipped, so that the only thing in the AI choicelist are the Random Selector Scripts. For users with nu specific interest in individual AI's this could be convenient.

CheeseOnToast
Yogi

Re: BRAINS AI collector set

Post by CheeseOnToast »

Thanks, brainless! :)

the1unknown
Yogi

Post by the1unknown »

Thanks for adding fire to the pack.

please check download link, is not working anymore
"you don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great" -the villager

the1unknown
Yogi

Post by the1unknown »

Now sure if you want to use the new version, but I adjusted my last 2 versions of fire2.3 to be able to play with 'hidden name/identity' (basically I removed all chat-to-all, chat-to-allies and up-change-name).

The only chat should have is when it asks for resources ( when it has 0 villagers and 1 tc or more).

Added to change name when enemy resigns, ally resigns and when it resigns.

B fire2.3 Final is the last version of 2.3 and B fire2.3 DC-Final-01 is the version for DC5 (basically trains infantry as flank and eagles/stable units as pocket).

for BrainsSelector.zip
fire 2.3
(20.17 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
"you don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great" -the villager