The General 1.2a

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Re: The General 1.2

Post by Leif Ericson »

Yeah, there's no code yet to decide whether the group should fight or flee. It just searches out the best target and attacks, though some circumstances allow it to change its target before the target is killed.

Also forgot to mention that the DUC is only used when attacking at the moment.

Aleph
Yogi

Re: The General 1.2

Post by Aleph »

Thx for new :).

Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Re: The General 1.2a

Post by Leif Ericson »

The General 1.2a:

- I noticed that I forgot to turn off my old TC retreat code and some other old DUC code from before version 1.2. :lol: This is fixed. The military behavior should be less buggy now. Still several kinks to work out though.
- Improvements to new DUC TC retreat conditions. Groups will be less likely to chase their current target under TCs.
- Cavalry will be slightly more likely to target spearmen.
- Slightly improved group re-formation behavior.
- Fixed string table full error on 8-player General games. Debug taunts 238 (enemy strategy detected) and 240 (max number of working buildings of each type allowed) are temporarily disabled.
- New replacement builders for some buildings, like towers and TCs, will no longer be sent when a builder has been recently killed (old code didn't actually work).
- Additional market for trade cart trading will now be placed in the map corner closest to the AI to provide safer trade routes. This can often result in markets in 3 corners of the map across a 4 player team which isn't necessarily desired, but it will be optimized later so that only one side of the map is used.