The General and The Sergeant 1.2n

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
FireBall37
Swami

Re: The General 1.1g

Post by FireBall37 »

Hey Leif your ai is getting really strong! I think The General has great potential for the future. The way he can boom while being aggressive and the way he spreads his mining camps are great. Keep up the good work! ;)
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Re: The General 1.1h

Post by Leif Ericson »

The General 1.1h:
- Fixed a bug that occasionally stopped mining camp placement
- Hopefully fixed a bug that caused villagers to sometimes attack towers in the enemy's town

Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Re: The General 1.1i

Post by Leif Ericson »

The General 1.1i:
- Adds Franks and Mayans
- Fixed a bug that caused the AI to incorrectly believe it was under attack, which occasionally caused offensive attacks to be delayed
- Made the AI slightly more aggressive when clearly winning

For Davis Cup, the civs should be used in this order: Aztecs, Huns, Franks, Mayans

Also, in testing the Mayans eagle warrior rush was able to beat ER. :)

Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Re: The General 1.1j

Post by Leif Ericson »

The General 1.1j:
- Added ability for fully boomed players to tribute to allies that are lacking TCs or food to train villagers
- Better attack coordination. Team partners are more likely to attack when their partner is attacking or is under attack.
- Improved target enemy selection for better attack coordination.
- Added the ability for flanks to switch to different strategies in imperial age if current strategy is hard-countered by the enemy
- Added the ability for pockets to add support/counter units in imperial age
- Improved defensive tower placement so that the tower will now always be by a dropsite instead of sometimes being at the front of the base where it doesn't defend villagers.
- Improved reaction to man-at-arms flush for Aztecs
- Removed the DUC patrol order when starting a TSA attack. If no enemy objects were left at the patrol destination this occasionally meant that units were stuck patrolling to an unimportant spot instead of attacking.

This larger update finally adds the ability for allies to tribute for the first time (lol, why did it take this long?). The improved attack coordination leads to very aggressive pockets. For the time being this is what I want, since both flanks and pockets are using the aggressive strategies. Once I add the balanced or booming strategies this will likely change. The General is still pretty vulnerable to enemies that flush with DUC focus firing micro, and I'm not really sure what can be done about that until General learns how to flush. Maybe adding the ability to retreat or relocate villagers would help, not sure.
Last edited by Leif Ericson on Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FireBall37
Swami

Re: The General 1.1j

Post by FireBall37 »

:o

Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Re: The General 1.1k

Post by Leif Ericson »

The General 1.1k:
- Added temporary code to release escrow for buildings in DE because of the up-build bug
- Slightly improved lumber camp placement to prefer locations on the side of the forest facing the TC
- Reverted boar luring to an earlier version of its boar luring code because villagers occasionally pursued a fleeing boar and killed it far away from the TC

Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Re: The General 1.2

Post by Leif Ericson »

The General 1.2:

I'm taking a leaf out of Microsoft's book and releasing a beta version of my AI with group DUC micro before it is fully ready and letting you all help me with documenting its bugs :D. It currently uses its DUC in castle age only, where it will send its attacks in formed groups. Some current issues I'm already aware of:
  • The DUC micro is not tested in UP, so this version is DE only.
  • There is no monk DUC, so monks will not attack when the AI is in DUC attack mode.
  • The micro is only used when attacking, not when defending the town.
  • Archer micro is limited. It currently is purely focus fire micro, with no hit & run.
  • It will let its soldiers continue to attack targets when they get within range of the enemy's TC if the TC is ungarrisoned.
  • If the AI already has six groups (the max number of control groups the AI supports), it will not send new units into battle if none of the six groups has a matching group type.
  • The soldiers will occasionally pick targets that are stuck behind walls and get stuck wandering around trying to find a way in.
  • The DUC code occasionally stalls the game for half a second.
  • There isn't code to ensure that the groups stay close together, so sometimes the AI can separate its army too much.
I just want to get this version out there so that my 12K lines of DUC code can see the light of day. :P subtle brag

My AI now uses up-log-data to document DUC micro actions. So if you can enable AIDEBUGGING and send me the logs if you encounter issues with The General, I'd appreciate it. See instructions for DE here: https://airef.github.io/commands/comman ... p-log-data

For now, assume that 1.1k should be used in any tournaments except the AI ladder.
Last edited by Leif Ericson on Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bandit1990
Forumer

Post by Bandit1990 »

Yaaaas!!! I’ve been looking forward to this update! Can’t wait to test it! :)

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

same here

TWELVE THOUSAND LINES :o :blink:

can't wait to test :dance

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

Just tested vs Odette, and I was really impressed with the villager micro while under attack. The knights did seem to have some trouble dealing with spearmen, engaging when they maybe should have run, and seemed to ignore spearmen when there were archers to attack. I love the improvements so far though!