Odette

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Re: Odette

Post by Leif Ericson »

And whether it can beat the AI that plays with Max difficulty. :o

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

TheNightPanda wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 12:09 pm
Esty wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 11:44 am
:o dette 2.0 released !

- Huge improvements in coordination flank/pocket
- BO improved for pockets with a two stables strat making odette more aggressive overall
- potential bugs fixed

I have seen this new version of Odette able to defeat some AIs it never defeated before. ;)
“Some ai’s?” :o :o :o such a master clickbait update describtion 11 😂 now everyone has has to check if their ai is included
11 Yeah TheNightPanda ! U got me :P

BTW, I Just reuploaded Odette2.0 ! I found an issue which prevented Odette to use its army in late games...
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

Hey Esty! Just wanted to say thumbs up on your amazing ai! I'm glad you're still improving it! Odette may have the best melee micro of all the ai's. Nice job B)

If you still have the problem of Odette's ranged group splitting up, just setting sn-tasked-units to 40 will fix this (maybe you already know this!)
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Odette 2.1 just uploaded ! HF
And thx FireBall for ur encouraging comment <3
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

samoer
Swami

Post by samoer »

This is good!!!! thanks for your working!!
I'm waiting for archery-class( not archer-line)/cavaly-archer-class/mameluke/gbeto use hit and run... maybe group 0-9 is not enough....

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

Esty wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:10 am
Odette 2.1 just uploaded ! HF
And thx FireBall for ur encouraging comment <3
Updates? :)

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

Yeah many updates, related to the military micro in general and build orders to make the pockets more efficient in aggressing its opponents. Many small issues are fixed.
I won't tell the details cause it would take too long !
Samoer, i use archer-line instead of archery-class because i want to keep archers and skirmishers micros separated. They both have their own shooting frequence, and i don't want to break it.
In imperial-age, hand-cannoneers have their own groups. What i could do is adding longbowmen to archers group. Why not.

Esty
Waheguru

Post by Esty »

:o dette 2.2 uploaded !

- Fixed some villagers micros in dark-age
- modified BO for flanks
- fixed issue with skirmishers prevented to hit and escape from enemie's cavalry
- and few things more.

To update this version, i tested Odette against Shadow. This opponent helped me a lot to detect the several weakness of my AI and to fix them :)

Arpheus
Forumer

Post by Arpheus »

Hey Esty, the micro from the Odette 2.2 has become really good. I did a test game on Arabia Teutons vs Teutons at extreme difficulty. It did very well until castle age. Then it had some weaknesses in unit composition, low military numbers and castle placement.

Here a few things I saw which could be improved to make the AI even better:

It placed 2 castles behind its base - not facing the enemy - and it went for 5 TC boom with only a few single knights later on while the Barbarian built a good army.
Also when the barbarian made a huge feudal army consisting of lots of scouts and archers/skirms behind Odette built only very few pikemen which lead to a massive loss of the skirms to the scouts.

I think if Odette had more appropriate counter unit numbers it could have put up a better fight. Also the castle Placement is very crucial as well as building up a strong army - especially knight numbers would have been very powerful.
If I remember well Promi mentioned in an interview that the only cheating the DE AI does is knowing the amounts of Military units from the enemy - how many cav, archers and so on the enemy has - that way it makes counter units without having seen the enemy army composition. I like this slight cheating as it gives the AI a way to not so easily get outplayed which it needs to keep up with humans - not sure if you also use that for Odette.

Here the replay (will be up for around 30 days)
https://easyupload.io/6hvjdi

On a 2nd test game the barbarian AI dominated from the start.
Odette also pushed 3 Ostrichs but let them rot mostly by only putting 2 vills on them and instantly moving them to the next ostrich and ignoring the old one. It did that also in other games.

https://easyupload.io/vam1wy

The "barbarian_2.18b_edit" uploaded from paper on page 61 from barbarian AI is a great way to test and improve your AI. It works in DE on Extreme difficulty but doesn't play the new DE civs - still very great. Here the link
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2522&start=600

Then I tested a Spanish Mirror but also there the Barbarian AI dominated from early castle Age on. Barbarian instantly brought knights + rams to take down the defensive towers from Odette - a good strategy in that case. It then built up a knight army and overrun Odette with a massive Knight army accompanied by lots of rams.

Same thing in a 2nd Spanish mirror. Odette built a great 31 +skirm army and attacked with it early castle age but brought only one and then another knight a bit late while the Barbarian made a few more knights which killed the knights and then cleaned most of the skirms army. From there it snowballed and the barbarian AI again brought a well rounded army with knights, rams, mangonels, a few monks to convert a few odette knights.

Otherwise it seems to do really well in feudal age with defensive tower, good base scouting and also the deer pushing is working well (except villagers not taking all food). Also the wood lines seem to work well except the latest AoE Bug of some villagers getting stuck there which happens not only to the AI.
In Castle Age it usually falls behind compared to the barbarian AI with less powerful army composition which could partially also be a snowball effect from the economic efficiency but is also be caused by a slightly different strategic approach. Barbarian AI instantly builds 6 knights from 2-3 stables before making the 2nd TC to have an army power spike which wins them the game while Odette focuses on building a 2nd TC's and making less knights at the same time. If it delayed the 2nd tc only slightly to get out a few knights and then made TCs that might make them stronger to defend from early castle age pressure which leads to snowball.

Here the replay from the 2nd spanish mirror (available for 30 days):
https://easyupload.io/jr83vv

It is great that you keep updating the AI. Keep up the good work!

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

Glad to hear it Esty! :)
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets