Page 10 of 13
Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:04 am
halcyon88 wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:40 pm
:O Is it full long swords?
Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:34 am
dette 2.38 uploaded
Odette's strategy is more balanced between flush-archer, scout-rush and militian-rush.
Odette can focus more on the requirement of a 2nd stable, regarding the enemie's army composition.
Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:54 pm
I am guessing that this will help vs Panda Tuto, etc,
Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:32 am
Reuploaded Odette 2.38
- issue preventing odette to build a blacksmith when it goes for a scout rush is fixed.
Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:52 pm
Hi Esty, I did a test game today Odette vs Barbarian on DE Vikings Mirror Extreme difficulty with 1.7 speed when battles happened otherwise 4x and your AI won but it was a rough game where you didn't know until late which AI would win.
The two major things that I noticed which would improve it:
- In feudal age it went forward with skirms and was able to win the skirms engagement but since It doesn't create any spears before it sees enemy scouts the full skirm army got destroyed by barbarians newly created counter scouts + skirm/archers. I think adding 1-2 spears and at least sending them forward during the first attack (at the very latest - better with the first push) could help here. Shadow does this really well and keeps the spears always behind the skirms until needed
- At some point it was in imperial age before Barbarian and both Odette and Barbarian placed a castle in front of their base (Odette kinda in front). Then Odette just didn't want to build trebs to destroy the castle but rather fought for minutes under barbarians castle with skirms, scorpions and elite berserks and it then invested into rams to take it down when it would have been so much easier and more efficient to bring it down with 2-3 trebs.
It didn't really try to stay out of range of the castle fire at all
In the end it still won against the Barbarian and even got all 5 relics - great job!
Overall it also seems it is far better at avoiding enemy TCs now. Great job there.
Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:40 am
mini Update for Odette ( as for my other AIs)
- fixed escrows for ri-tracking which isn't an available research anymore on DE !
- If odette picks archery-units strategy, it will train one spearman in the early feudal-age to prevent scouts harassement. (thx Arpheus)
Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:47 am
I love this AI! She know how to play in every game and can pwn Barbarian.
Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:49 am
Thx Venomus, your comment is really appreciated <3
New version 2.40 is just released.
Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:47 am
I use this AI as the standard AI to play against now. It is overall stronger than the standard AI and plays all civs. A really great AI. Even can beat Barbarian - what more could you ask for.
Thanks for updating it
Here some suggestions for improvement of the AI:
- The Odette scout is eager to trade vs enemy scout - even if it will lose like when he is still in dark age vs my scout is in feudal or if I attack him with my scout + a vill
- The micro has improved as well but the consistency of the micro seems to be a bit random to me still.
I had 4 scouts and 10 skirms against around 25 skirms and i didn't lose a single scout and almost no skirms since it got locked in running away - maybe because of the min distance of the skirms vs the scouts.
If it had stutter step microed and didn't care about the min distance it could have won this fight or at least give me lots of losses.
But sometimes it does this stutter micro and even splits the skirm shots on 2 targets which is great - but it can take a while until it gets the troops into a formation and then starts doing that micro
- With its around 25 skirms there was not a single spearman around to hold scouts at bay. I guess having 1 spearman per 8-10 skirms would never be a bad idea in case the enemy wants to counter the skirms with cav. But make sure to keep the spears behind the skirms to have them available if needed instead of letting them die to enemy skirms. Shadow does this really well
- The deer pushing works great but it still has the problem that it doesn't seem to see the food on the deer. Only the 2 vills which shoot the deer take the food but also only from the last one they shot.
So there is like 200 wasted free food still. Even when food under the TC runs out and the deer are just a few steps away next to the TC they will ignore the deer food and go to berries or build farms. This could be an easy fix which should give it a nice power increase
Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:58 am
I am working on improvements related to the hit and run. A new version might come very very soon.
I will force the scout to gb in dark when it is targetted by an enemy scout. It might help.
I will look about the use of spearmen as skirms protectors. Will see if i can add it for a futur release.
Concerning the food wasted from deers. It's not that easy to fix. i already got some codes for it but it maybe fails. dunno.
Thx for the feedback