Maybe the performance of computer affects the performance of AI?

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
samoer
Swami

Maybe the performance of computer affects the performance of AI?

Post by samoer »

I don't know post where. Just one same AI, when I played with it in a new computer, it attacks very hard and plays very well; while when I played with it in a old computer, it plays very bad like a idiot.
so cpu or disk affects the performance of AIs? and how to avoid this?

Esty
Waheguru

Re: Maybe the performance of computer affects the performance of AI?

Post by Esty »

Hi samoer.
Lag can cause weird AI's behaviours by preventing the codes to be read correctly (conditions jumping...). This is the lonely explanation i see here.
Author of TRiBaL_Warrior, Yggdrasil, PharaoN, WoodyWood Pecker and currently :o dette :dance

samoer
Swami

Post by samoer »

I have known the reason: I used the speed changer to 10X. because of the performance of the computer, the AI can't calculate well, so if we check which ai is better, it's better that don't use speed changer.

Leif Ericson
Waheguru

Post by Leif Ericson »

Yeah, 10x can greatly affect AI performance. If you use speedhack I think most would recommend 2x, and you could maybe increase it to 3x for later stages of the game.

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

I can certainly confirm that if computer cannot handle the combination of map obstacles - AI - map size - number of objects - speed - speedhacks Comfortably, then there may be poor performance of the AI. Even a crash may be possible in extreme cases.

(This topic must move outside this subforum, which is solely for upload of files and discussion on them)