Rehoboam

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
TheNightPanda
Swami

Re: Rehoboam

Post by TheNightPanda »

jdstankosky wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:12 pm
i did see that Mayans were a flank position in the code, but i was almost certain it included Mayans, even as it's preference, for 1v1 in the chat. i will double check later. i work too much 😭

also, the high-end PC thing might be true. i have a very powerful computer. if it makes a difference, i was on Casual speed, no speed hack
Casual speed (1,5) has more passes per second than normal speed (1,7) or fast speed 2,0). I tested rehoboam on the last two (and also sometimes with 2x speed with cheat engine) so casual speed is most likely at least part of the reason for the deer behavior. It will be fixed :)

TheNightPanda
Swami

Rehoboam - Updated to 1.61

Post by TheNightPanda »

Updated to 1.61.

Changelog:
-Economy rules has been rewritten from castle age and onwards with big improvements to build order, base layout and reduced villager retasking. Especially in 4v4's.
-Villagers will now be less likely to unnecessarily go idle when attacked by weaker units. (May be to passive on occasion though)
-Slightly better early game scouting
-Pockets will now be slightly less defenseless when attacked before post-imp.
-Various bug fixes.
-Winrate vs Rehoboam 1.60a: >75% in 1v1/2v2 and >95% in 3v3/4v4

This version seems to have >50% winrate in 4v4's vs any non cheating script I could find when playing on its supported settings. (DE only) While this version is quite a bit stronger in the late game it is still quite weak vs early aggression and can still be exploited in many ways. It is currently buggy in online MP games which I plan to adress relatively soon.

The next update will be a complete rewrite of Rehoboams military control which will hopefully adress some of the weakness vs early agression. It will be quite a while before I have time to work on it though.

As allways any feedback is more than welcome both here and in the discord forum :)

TheNightPanda
Swami

Rehoboam - Reuploaded as 1.61a

Post by TheNightPanda »

Reuploaded as 1.61a to fix various bugs introduced by the last DE patch

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

Man I wish Shadow and Rheoboam could fight each other!!!!! :rolleyes:
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

Shadow would probably have a good shot in 1v1 as it plays into alot of Rehoboams current weaknesses. (1v1, early agression, skirms vs archers) But you will have to adapt it for DE to find out ;)

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

Someday...? :)
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

TheNightPanda
Swami

Reuploaded as 1.61b

Post by TheNightPanda »

Minor bugfixes for the King of Arabia 2 Tournament coming up on DE.

I didn’t have to much time to test this version so it may bug out on occasion. It should be a bit less passive when defending but may also be more suicidal with its army at times. If it ends up performing badly the last version is still fairly stable.

I havent been actively scripting for the last few months and won’t be so for at least one more month. Next real update will probably be released sometime around the end of 2021 :)

-Btw, I reuploaded 1.61a by a mistake. It should be the same as before.

TheNightPanda
Swami

Updated to 1.61c

Post by TheNightPanda »

Since the King of Arabia 2 tourney got delayed a bit i had time for some extra minor improvements to decision making. This version should be a bit less wastefull with its army, be less likely to underproduce army in late castle age / early imp and transision to pikes earlier. This is the version that should be used for the tournament.

TheNightPanda
Swami

Reuploaded due to bugs on arabia (2020)

Post by TheNightPanda »

This version will not use backup rules if playing on unknown maps, but should work fine on any arabia map

TheNightPanda
Swami

Updated to 1.70

Post by TheNightPanda »

Updated to 1.70 - This version will play the remaining games of the King of Arabia 2 tournament.

Changelog:
-New advanced DUC group micro for ranged units. This includes both systems for fighting vs ranged and melee units as well as movement of the group on the whole map. Rehoboam now plays much more agressively with its millitary in feudal and early to mid castle age. The new system will be active untill some point in castle age where Rehoboam will revert back to the old millitary controll rules. To experience the full potential of the new micro system it is essential to play on a pc with a benchmark score of 1100 or higher without any speedhack.
-Feudal build order for 1v1, 2v2 and flanks has been rewritten to go for a more balanced approach. This includes earlier feudal times and more army production as well as the ability to properly transision from archers into skirmishers if the enemy is going ranged units. The new build order delays the castle age time of Rehoboam but more than makes up for this in higher army numbers which pairs well with the newly added ranged unit micro.
-Villagers will no longer on occasion ignore the attacks of enemy units and lose countless villagers unnessesarily.
-Various bug fixes.
-Winrate vs Rehoboam 1.61c: >95% in both 1v1 and team games

While this version introduces quite a drastic improvement in the military controll of Rehoboam it is still fairly unfinished in several ways and can certainly be improved alot further, especially with respect to defensive play and micro for for melee units. This will be looked at in the next update, which will also attempt to make Rehoboam compatable with UP, hopefully in time for Davis Cup 6.

As allways any feedback is more than welcome both here and in the discord forum :)

*Edit. There seems to possibly be some online multiplayer bugs occuring if connection is bad. Didn't test this much though.