Rehoboam

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
el+noob
Swami

Re: Rehoboam

Post by el+noob »

archers do shoot, however skirmisher still have the same problem

TheNightPanda
Forumer

Post by TheNightPanda »

el+noob wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:08 am
Skirms not shopting at all on 1,7?

el+noob
Swami

Post by el+noob »

TheNightPanda wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:13 am
el+noob wrote:
no

TheNightPanda
Forumer

Reuploaded with fix to skirms on slower speed as well

Post by TheNightPanda »

el+noob wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:18 am
TheNightPanda wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:13 am
el+noob wrote:
no
Reuploaded.

Check if the skirm issue is fixed now :) It turned out to be a completely seperate issue with a walking command overfirering. Just had to change 2 digits in one line

Arpheus
Forumer

Post by Arpheus »

OMG that micro... today I tried 6 scouts with +1 armor vs 8 feudal +1/+1 Archers with attack move against them - Result: 6 dead scouts 0 dead archer. This is pro level micro - they even move in a wide circle somewhat to make it even harder to get hits on them.

I then did 5 more tries and in average the 6 scouts killed around 2 archers from the 8. Best result I could get where I tried to micro and push them into houses to make micro for them harder was 4 dead archers and surrounding them is really hard since they move back in a circle making surrounding rough and cavalry pathing could definitely be better

At 1.0 speed where they don't micro it's an easy win for the scouts since once 2 archers die they run and don't shoot back. It is incredible how much micro changes the outcome of fights when ranged units are involved.

TheNightPanda
Forumer

Post by TheNightPanda »

Arpheus wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:59 am
OMG that micro... today I tried 6 scouts with +1 armor vs 8 feudal +1/+1 Archers with attack move against them - Result: 6 dead scouts 0 dead archer. This is pro level micro - they even move in a wide circle somewhat to make it even harder to get hits on them.

I then did 5 more tries and in average the 6 scouts killed around 2 archers from the 8. Best result I could get where I tried to micro and push them into houses to make micro for them harder was 4 dead archers and surrounding them is really hard since they move back in a circle making surrounding rough and cavalry pathing could definitely be better

At 1.0 speed where they don't micro it's an easy win for the scouts since once 2 archers die they run and don't shoot back. It is incredible how much micro changes the outcome of fights when ranged units are involved.
Good to hear :) the 1.0 speed no micro is intended and is done as a fail safe as the units would otherwise not be attacking at all. Hopefully rehoboam is chatting telling to change the speed to turn on the micro

Arpheus
Forumer

Post by Arpheus »

Yes it did tell that the game is lagging and some info to adjust the settings