Rehoboam

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
endereco
Forumer

Re: Rehoboam

Post by endereco »

TheNightPanda wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:47 am
Can you test now using the mod version? :)
Just tested against rehoboam 1.80a, installed from the game mod browser. Is this the one you wanted me to test?

This game I waited for the AI to make knights and they kept spinning when engaging my xbows. This behaviour seems to happen only after I research ballistics on most games.
Attachments
SP Replay v101.102.1156.0 #(66692) @2022.09.22 094958.aoe2record.7z
(653.85 KiB) Downloaded 120 times

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

endereco wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:21 am
TheNightPanda wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:47 am
Can you test now using the mod version? :)
Just tested against rehoboam 1.80a, installed from the game mod browser. Is this the one you wanted me to test?

This game I waited for the AI to make knights and they kept spinning when engaging my xbows. This behaviour seems to happen only after I research ballistics on most games.
The defensive knight micro of Rehoboam has never been great. In this game they are probably either getting conflicting commands or trying to retreat while on the wrong stance for this. (AI controlled units will autoattack when attacked on certain stances). I wish there was an easy fix but it probably needs a complete rewrite. You seem to capitalise well on hitting Reho before it has sufficient army in early feudal. Probably going up one vill earlier vs human players would have helped Reho this game even if you still seem to be clearly better :)

Did you still experience the same amount of lag as before?

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

hi! I notice some pretty big lag in games with Rehoboam, and the micro is weird, he uses only couple archers to shoot instead of all group, many times in a row. hope it can be fixed. :)

EDIT: tested more, and seems to only happen with Rehoboam, and it seem to start just before Feudal Age and stop around Castle Age.
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

FireBall37 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:40 pm
hi! I notice some pretty big lag in games with Rehoboam, and the micro is weird, he uses only couple archers to shoot instead of all group, many times in a row. hope it can be fixed. :)

EDIT: tested more, and seems to only happen with Rehoboam, and it seem to start just before Feudal Age and stop around Castle Age.
Did you use the mod version? The forum version may not be the latest update. Also can you send a rec of the micro you find weird? :) I’ll take a look at Reho lag next week

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

here is an example vs Bambi. I will investigate the mod version, i have never tried that before.

edit i don't know how to use the mod version :head :lol:
Attachments
reho.zip
(566.13 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

Aynshtaynn
Forumer

Post by Aynshtaynn »

Great AI only in the early to mid game. I feel like it would be better if Reho just doubled down on her incredible ranged micro and played archer civs instead of stopping the ranged micro after castle age.

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

Aynshtaynn wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:50 am
Great AI only in the early to mid game. I feel like it would be better if Reho just doubled down on her incredible ranged micro and played archer civs instead of stopping the ranged micro after castle age.
All true. Unfortunatly the rigid structure of Rehoboams build order and the code moving the ranged army around the map in the late game makes this a mess to script so it's unlikely to happen

TheNightPanda
Swami

Updated to 1.80b

Post by TheNightPanda »

Minor update mainly just fixing lag throughout the game.
Also fixing a but where knights would keep running back and forth doing nothing when castle dropped by the enemy.

el+noob
Swami

Post by el+noob »

she was testing artificial intelligence against herself, and a lion is capable of ruining her game
Attachments
rebo franks vs rebo mayans.rar
(907.96 KiB) Downloaded 116 times

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

el+noob wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:55 am
she was testing artificial intelligence against herself, and a lion is capable of ruining her game
Hehe. While it may look a bit ridiculus I disagree on the premise that the lion was the deciding factor in the game. Reho vs. Reho games tends to be decided by whoever takes a slight lead in the early micro battles and snowball from there. So there is a 50% chance the fight would have turned out the same way without the lion. In this particular fight red managed to get more of a high ground advantage which was the main cause of the snowball. Lions doesnt interfere with the calculations of Rehos military micro but it probably had some small negative effect on the outcome. I believe however that the much better dark age from red this game was a more important factor in the outcome as this meant red had the archer armor upgrade before taking the fight unlike blue, leading blues archers to do half damage.

I could fairly easily make Reho able to kills wolves with its army but it hasn't been a priority. While I do not believe the wolf to have been deciding this game wolves can actually kill Rehos dark age sometimes as some villager DUC bugs out when attacked by wolves. This is not as easy to fix though.

If you wanna see how much little micro changes has on the final result try let Reho1.70b play vs Reho1.80b.