Shadow

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
FireBall37
Swami

Re: Shadow

Post by FireBall37 »

Reuploaded.

GamesGod
Swami

Post by GamesGod »

FireBall37 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:46 pm
Alright, finished up the final version of 4.11 (assuming no major oversights)! I worked on final improvements to his team gaming play. In my tests, he is able to beat Barbarian consistently in 4v4's etc.
how is this possible? in my tests, the shadow loses even to my AI 4х4 :)
Developer of GamesGod AI

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

kingdomzz wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:29 pm
how is this possible? in my tests, the shadow loses even to my AI 4х4 :)
What? :o Is it DE or UP?

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

sounds like wrong settings were chosen

GamesGod
Swami

Post by GamesGod »

TheNightPanda wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:00 am
no, it was standart settings :D 200 pop, arabia, max diff, random civs .... what's settings need for shadow ? :D
However, my AI does not always win against the shadow... =) But that's because my AI is weaker than the barbarian =)
Last edited by GamesGod on Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Developer of GamesGod AI

TheNightPanda
Swami

Post by TheNightPanda »

kingdomzz wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:06 pm
TheNightPanda wrote:
no, it was standart settings :D 200 pop, arabia, max diff, random civs .... what's settings need for shadow ? :D
look at this replay :)
However, my AI does not always win against the shadow... =) But that's because my AI is weaker than the barbarian =)
I apologize of course for the spam from the first player = ( this is debugging information, please do not pay attention to it =)
Well shadow only plays vikings so random civ is very likely to lead to bugs

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

TheNightPanda wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:20 pm
This. Let me know if there are more problems as Vikings though.

GamesGod
Swami

Post by GamesGod »

TheNightPanda wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:20 pm
kingdomzz wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:06 pm
TheNightPanda wrote:
look at this replay :)
I apologize of course for the spam from the first player = ( this is debugging information, please do not pay attention to it =)
ah, understand
Developer of GamesGod AI

FireBall37
Swami

Re: Shadow 4.11 New Blood

Post by FireBall37 »

Uploaded a slightly upgraded version of Shadow.

--Fixed DE bugs raising his level of play on DE very close to that on UP
--As a result, Shadow no longer changes his name to "Handicapped"
--Other small improvements

Arpheus
Forumer

Re: Shadow 4.11 New Blood

Post by Arpheus »

Great new version. Even when I see some possible improvements with the food collection it is a great AI. The DE AI had not the slightest chance in an AI Game.
The way it walked around the enemy base killing villagers everywhere and then even bringing another only-archer group to harass even more was just great.
Also the defense tower placement seemed really good and the way it didn't waste units to TC fire and the way it avoided an enemy defensive tower only when it seemed worth it to avoid it was great. Also Group movement and group-attack was great.

Here some observations where there is room for improvement:
  • the first sheep are collected in a way that they are almost on top of each other making it a bit harder for the vills to collect food. Maybe you had a reason to program it that way
  • When the first three sheep are almost eaten it seems one villager goes making the mill and then comes back without collecting berries. Seems like a waste of efficiency so early in the game
  • Both boars/rhinos are brought in a way that one is rotting a lot since both are there at the same time. Also the scout starts to bring in deer too early in my opinion while there are still both boar/rhinos on the TC.
  • Also while boar and deer are partially rotting under the TC I saw the villagers create up to 4 farms which seems excessive wood waste. I can't remember if they used the berries well
You might want to check these behaviours on your own to see if a change would be an improvement or not.

Next thing which I would love would be to have it play more civs. I still switch to standard AI most of the time simply since it plays all the Civs which offers great diversity and surprises compared to playing only one civ. I can only imagine it means a lot of work.

Thank you for your continued work on this awesome AI !