Immortal v0.10c

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
FireBall37
Swami

Re: Immortal

Post by FireBall37 »

TheMaximalBeing wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:59 am
I guess so.. Until I add the new civs
Update: Shadow will only play Bohemians now :D
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

paper
Forumer

Post by paper »

TheMaximalBeing wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:04 am

WARNING: the WK version does not work on DE and due to a DE bug will delete its own TC. Please wait for the DE version.
A temporary fix to this issue is to disable rules #4937 and #4938.

DrinkMix
Forumer

Post by DrinkMix »

Apparently waiting is too much for some people 11
Author of too many scripts...
Legacy AIs -> https://github.com/eleclib/arch
Current AI/s -> viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4259
Miscellaneous -> https://github.com/eleclib

- Electricity
- Thaldren

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

Hey TheMaximalBeing! Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work on Immortal and for bringing some new competition to the scene! I have watched a couple games with Immortal and have some thoughts. First of all let me say that I love watching your AI play! It brings a fresh perspective to the game and with its varied strategies and wild skill, makes for a very entertaining game! :) It does an amazing job booming and is more resilient than most other AI's, reaching Imp in almost every game. I think Immortal does a great job of saving knights in its stables and releasing them at the right time to relieve the pressure on its base.

You are probably already fixing many of these, but here are a couple things to look at (from 1v1's vs Barb):
--In one game Immortal built two markets right next to each other
--Mangonels often kill own units chasing
--In one game Immortal just stopped creating army with plenty of resources (very late game) spamming “no production buildings found” or something like that
--Sometimes Immortal will build a mining camp very far from its base when there are closer mines available (maybe that is on purpose though ;) ) and sometimes I saw villagers mining from piles with no camps around
--In many games Immortal lost many knights to Barbarian monks, maybe should prioritize attacking these or else retreat from such situations

An amazing AI and really fun to watch! :)
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

samoer
Swami

Post by samoer »

I want to learn how to hit and run, but I don't know where to learn. I can understand many rules, but I can't understand hit and run rules..... I think anyone that can make a hit and run AI is very great!
one more thing, why Magyar no train cavaly-archer, this is more powerful with hit and run.

TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

Post by TheMaximalBeing »

Update: Immortal v0.8g is released for WK and DE. This version includes workarounds for various DE bugs. Unfortunately, it was not possible to fix all of them and in particular the intelligent TC ungarrison is not working at all. I have also noticed strange behaviour and most likely there are still several DE bugs yet to be discovered. But it appears that the most critical bugs have been resolved.

Note that it still performs much better on WK, so for the most competitive experience you should stick with WK for now.
Last edited by TheMaximalBeing on Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

Immortal v0.8g now supports the civs from the latest expansions with a unique army composition for each.

Bohemians: will go FF into skirm as flank or FC into hand-cannon as pocket and monks + hussite-wagon in late game
Sicilians: will go FF into skirm as flank or FC into knight as pocket and will make serjeant + knights in late game.
Burgundians: will fo FF -> scout -> castle as flank or FC into knight as pocket and will make hand-cannon + knight in late game
Poles: will go FF into skirm + archer as flank and FC into UU as pocket followed by knights and will make obuch + knight + scout in late game

Note that I haven't have much time for testing them, so there are likely still bugs with the new civs.

TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

FireBall37 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:19 pm

You are probably already fixing many of these, but here are a couple things to look at (from 1v1's vs Barb):
--In one game Immortal built two markets right next to each other
--Mangonels often kill own units chasing
--In one game Immortal just stopped creating army with plenty of resources (very late game) spamming “no production buildings found” or something like that
--Sometimes Immortal will build a mining camp very far from its base when there are closer mines available (maybe that is on purpose though ;) ) and sometimes I saw villagers mining from piles with no camps around
--In many games Immortal lost many knights to Barbarian monks, maybe should prioritize attacking these or else retreat from such situations

An amazing AI and really fun to watch! :)
On my todo list already. :) I think the mangonels killing his own units can be funny sometimes so I will leave it for now :devil

TheMaximalBeing
Forumer

samoer wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:40 pm
one more thing, why Magyar no train cavaly-archer, this is more powerful with hit and run.
Magyar should train cavalry-archer in castle age. Maybe they were left over from feudal?

samoer
Swami

Post by samoer »

I noticed that Immortal used random attack, why not kill the lowest hp enemy like Rehoboam ?