Ganesha

Upload your latest creations here.
Please note that by posting comments to posts in this forum you forfeit your personal copyright on whatever you post. AI Scripters reserves the right to re-use objective comments in script reviews without requiring the posting author's permission. Credit, where appropriate will be given in such cases.
halcyon88
Swami

Ganesha

Post by halcyon88 »

Indians only landmap only 1v1 AI that I started working on today.

Ganesha v11 no longer works for DE because they removed the Indians civ but it should work on HD

Version 12 is the new version and it plays as Bengalis, Dravidians and Gurjaras.
Attachments
GaneshaV12.zip
(3.76 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
GaneshaV11.zip
(2.98 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
Last edited by halcyon88 on Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:53 am, edited 13 times in total.
A.K.A. TOAO_Philosopher (formely TOAO_ReLeNtLeSsS, TOAO_Leo, TOAO_Ayubu_, TOAO_FSpirit, _TOAO_HussY_ and TOAO__HussaR_ (even before that, Deadly_Hussar— and DEADLY POISON on AOKH back when I was REALLY young)).

halcyon88
Swami

Re: Ganesha (Indians)

Post by halcyon88 »

I would very much repeat any feedback. It's currently in the very early beta stage.
A.K.A. TOAO_Philosopher (formely TOAO_ReLeNtLeSsS, TOAO_Leo, TOAO_Ayubu_, TOAO_FSpirit, _TOAO_HussY_ and TOAO__HussaR_ (even before that, Deadly_Hussar— and DEADLY POISON on AOKH back when I was REALLY young)).

halcyon88
Swami

Post by halcyon88 »

GaneshaV9 can beat CD AI!

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

:o
author of the Shadow AI and Snippets

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

That was my 100th post :o :o :o :o :o

marathon
Waheguru

Post by marathon »

I only read it. It is very elementary. It needs a lot of work before it manages to follow a strategy with some degree of optimisation.

First thing to fix would be gatherer percentages. First 6 villagers (or 7) must go on food. Only then you can start sending to wood on most normal maps and for most civs. So you need more rules in that section.
Also, mining stone before needed is not the best approach.

Second thing is the research plan. Simply researching something when you can afford it is not ideal. There has to be an order.
So, in every research rule, the facts section (before the => ) needs to be more complex. The order of the rules also matters. First archer armor, for example, needs to be taken only after fletching is not available anymore (up-research-status ri-fletching != research-available).

It is fun to see your baby work and fight. But it is more fun to see it improve. Small effort, big impact ;)

KimberlyAzula
Forumer

Post by KimberlyAzula »

marathon wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:58 pm
I only read it. It is very elementary. It needs a lot of work before it manages to follow a strategy with some degree of optimisation.

First thing to fix would be gatherer percentages. First 6 villagers (or 7) must go on food. Only then you can start sending to wood on most normal maps and for most civs. So you need more rules in that section.
Also, mining stone before needed is not the best approach.

Second thing is the research plan. Simply researching something when you can afford it is not ideal. There has to be an order.
So, in every research rule, the facts section (before the => ) needs to be more complex. The order of the rules also matters. First archer armor, for example, needs to be taken only after fletching is not available anymore (up-research-status ri-fletching != research-available).

It is fun to see your baby work and fight. But it is more fun to see it improve. Small effort, big impact ;)
First: Don't take this as an offense. I like that you answered the call for feedback.

That is optimization though. I have quite a few AIs that are a bit like this one. And I actually like the idea of how rudimentarily they are. They don't try too hard to be strong, they are not meant to be strong. Just special.
Just because theoretically it is better to have archer range and damage earlier than the armour, it's not a crazy difference in this level of play. And saying that the first 6 or 7 vills must go on food is bullshit. There's no must - musts just make things streamlined and less diverse. Build orders are the same. That's why I never watch "pros" play aoe2.
I love my AIs because they are different, they don't try hard, they just do their thing.
Last edited by KimberlyAzula on Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no denying The Morrígan's prophecies!

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

To this I would say that Philosopher asked for feedback, and Marathon was giving some tips for how to make the AI better. But yeah, definitely glad not all AI’s play the same way :lol:

KimberlyAzula
Forumer

Post by KimberlyAzula »

FireBall37 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:01 am
To this I would say that Philosopher asked for feedback, and Marathon was giving some tips for how to make the AI better. But yeah, definitely glad not all AI’s play the same way :lol:
Maybe you missed my first sentence: I am definitely glad he gave feedback, I just also wanted to voice my own thoughts about the matter.
There is no denying The Morrígan's prophecies!

FireBall37
Swami

Post by FireBall37 »

whoops :D